BANGLAMPHU area

jayjojo

Also, Thais are privileged to be able to buy professional grade pyrotechnics. We are often treated to short lived, but beautiful, impromptu aerial displays. It is common to get a good wall shaking, from time to time.

hmm yes but they dont usually come in only a single bang.

keep us informed

Curtis if u have nothing positive or helpful to add pls stay off this post. Thanks JOJO

Lighten up Sparky!

My posts, on this thread, are positive and helpful. From the fact that you are staying in Banglamphu, we might assume that you haven't lived in Bangkok long. Because of this, we, people who have lived here, have tried to put "blasts in the night" into perspective."Blasts" are a regular occurrence around Bangkok.

Pointing that out, and explaining it, is constructive. Insinuating that everything that goes bang in the night could be a threat only re-enforces the paranoia that surrounds the protests.

As pointed out, unless you see the locals concerned, see them fleeing from the direction, or see a column of smoke following the "blast", I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

As far as the "Happy Whatever" sign goes, you will find that Thais, more than any other people I have known, will find anything, whatsoever, to celebrate. Hell, around these parts, they turned the recent non-traditional, Western, New Year's celebrations into a 6 night binge, featuring fireworks, karaoke, drunkenness and general anarchy. As recently as last night, we continue to have what sounds like "bombs" going off. Apparently, some are finding misplaced "party favors"!

Lighten up Sparky....as someone who suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder I find every "bang in the night" , somewhat terrifying.

Yes you may make light comedy about this, but unfortunately until you have suffered this disorder you could never understand. A simple knock at the door is enough to lose sleep over.

All I'm saying is...don't judge, assume or joke about someone as u do not know the path they gave walked. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Lighten up Sparky....as someone who suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder I find every "bang in the night" , somewhat terrifying. Yes you may make light comedy about this, but unfortunately until you have suffered this disorder you could never understand. A simple knock at the door is enough to lose sleep over. All I'm saying is...don't judge, assume or joke about someone as u do not know the path they gave walked. Thanks Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you do indeed suffer ptsd, what in the world are you doing in Thailand at this moment in history? Seems totally som-nam-na. Talk about bringing grief upon oneself!

Maybe that is part of the disorder, rash seemingly incoherent decisions that bring the stress upon yourself as well as what one might feel (real or imagined) from outside.

Came to Thailand during a revolution with ptsd, what possibly could go wrong?

Seriously, ridiculous.

AGAIN DO NOT JUDGE AS U DONT KNOW THE PATH IV WALKED...

I am here under circumstances that are outwith my control. I am basically stuck here until I get stuff sorted with Aus immigration! Very long complicated case but I don't wanna b here so do not assume I have chosen 2 and then complain bout loud bangs. Unfortunately all this happened at this time and I find myself in middle of protests. It is ridiculous that I'm actually explaining myself 2 ppl who just assume/judge others without knowing facts. RIDICULOUS !!

JOJO

I did not imagine nothing as if u look at the news today 3 explosions happened in and around area. I would love you to experience just one day in the head of a PTSD sufferer... U have no idea so pls do not tell me it's part of my disorder and irrational decisions I'm here. I'm here through no choice!!

JOJO

if you are here only in temp residences you can easily move out. try nakorn pathom just over 1 hour by train, or bus from the southern bus station. quiet peaceful no big bangs no protestors a few cheapish hotels/guesthouses to chose from. but still close enough to bkk if you need to be there for any reason.

Edited by Big Pinkie

Most of Nonthaburi, just up the road, is pretty quiet, and cheap!

And, we putting the situation into perspective, not making fun of you. We are telling you that, unless you actually see the poo hit the paddle, don't stress out.

Here's a big, helpful hint: If you want to spend your time in a less strssful environment, you may not want to spend much time on the ThaiVisa.com forums! wink.png

Edited by Curt1591

We rented out somewhere for a month which is up on 24th of Jan... So please your local knowledge would be appreciated. Decent places 2 rent for month ? Best areas ? Thank u JOJO

the problem is even if we give you specifics through the PM system next time we want to go stay there it will likely be booked out with farang. thats something that needs avoiding. what were saying is thailand consist of places other than bkk and these places are not only cheaper but less stressful. there are many many places its up to you to chose what fits your requirements. go look if it dont suit you in a short time catch the next bus/train to the next somewhere.

Yup. I have ptsd but choose to:

Stay in Thailand during a revolution

Stay in BKK

Stay near the demonstrations

Completely forgot about CNY! That ought to be really hilarious for the OP.

You are a troll or a dolt, seriously. Then you whinge on.about how you are stuck here. There must be one thousand bungalows on quiet beaches and thirty national parks, but you are holed up near a demo site.

Clever you are.

Ignorant , uneducated typical judgemental fool. I feel sorry for you. Yes I am stuck here, u don't know why? I didn't choose this place but it was booked for month. How about u see everyone as equals, maybe then the protests may ease in this county. Pls do not post offensive posts. Thank you

JOJO

Also your quote "Yup. I have ptsd but choose to:"..... I did not have a CHOICE JOJO

You, sir, ALWAYS have a choice. Probably many alternatives, although not necessarily positive ones, other than for those who could do without your judging of advice, which although asked for, is immediately rejected.