Which Beach?

malcolminthemiddle

Patong is the place hands down. You got your topless Euro hotties all around and hundreds of very available Thai hotties at your disposal

Well, if they were all hotties that'd be one thing. Many are sagging old sows. :D

shold be a rule about sagging in public

:o

The hot stuff I saw wasn't sagging

obviously its a hard question to awnser as it depends on your age,what you are looking for,what frame of mind your in when you go.

also i would say that the beaches & sea fronts could have changed somewhat,since i last went on the west cost of phuket ,due to the tsunami.

i stayed in a first floor new air con apartment at kamala beach for 6000baht a month when the tsunami hit,& it changed the whole landscape of the beach.

kamala was/is very nice for me.not too touristy & not to far away from patong beach if you want to observe (or take part) in a bit of hedonism.its aqlso not far from surin beach & the nicer beaches up north.

kamala has quite a large muslim population,so its maybe not the place to go if your girlfreind wants to get her boobs out on the beach.there are also a few cheap local food places in kamala.

patong beach is a package holiday destination,& as much as i quite like the place for a few beers,i personally would not want to spend too long on that beach.its not a beach to chill out on.

there re more scenic beaches than kamala,like rawai etc,but the problem is transport.tuk tuks in phuket are probably the most expensive in thailand,so unless your in a group it can get pricey.

there a large songtaews that run around phuket during the day.

but if your just looking for a quiet scenic beach/area then maybe keep away from patong as tourism has seemed to spread out along the coast from there.

:o LaoPo ... you may want to look at the PhuketGazette onlie for what you are seeking

Thanks...but I've been doing that; I'm working on it though.

LaoPo

obviously its a hard question to awnser as it depends on your age,what you are looking for,what frame of mind your in when you go.

also i would say that the beaches & sea fronts could have changed somewhat,since i last went on the west cost of phuket ,due to the tsunami.

i stayed in a first floor new air con apartment at kamala beach for 6000baht a month when the tsunami hit,& it changed the whole landscape of the beach.

kamala was/is very nice for me.not too touristy & not to far away from patong beach if you want to observe (or take part) in a bit of hedonism.its aqlso not far from surin beach & the nicer beaches up north.

kamala has quite a large muslim population,so its maybe not the place to go if your girlfreind wants to get her boobs out on the beach.there are also a few cheap local food places in kamala.

patong beach is a package holiday destination,& as much as i quite like the place for a few beers,i personally would not want to spend too long on that beach.its not a beach to chill out on.

there re more scenic beaches than kamala,like rawai etc,but the problem is transport.tuk tuks in phuket are probably the most expensive in thailand,so unless your in a group it can get pricey.

there a large songtaews that run around phuket during the day.

but if your just looking for a quiet scenic beach/area then maybe keep away from patong as tourism has seemed to spread out along the coast from there.

Having the bike and the car make Kamala a good choice ... if we didn't have those ... we'd have chosen a more expensive less quiet beach so we'd have more dining options etc!