Dozens injured when double-decker bus skids off road: Krabi

webfact

Dozens injured when double-decker bus skids off road

BANGKOK: -- More than 10 passengers were injured, two seriously, when a double-decker bus from Bangkok skidded off the road in Plaipraya district of Krabi province and crashed into a roadside ditch.

Transport officer Warawuth Ma-in said the bus with 32 passengers departed Bangkok at 6.00 p.m. yesterday and arrived in Ao Luek district of Krabi in the morning.

As the driver was driving to drop passengers in Surat Thani, a passenger shouted that he had taken a wrong road. He then made a U-turn on the curve but lost control.

The bus skidded off the road and smashed into the roadside ditch, injuring a dozen of passengers.

The officer said that the driver Kampol Talangwit, 49, was not acquainted with the road and was driving in high speed, thus causing the mishap.

He said the bus normally runs on the Bangkok-Pak Panang route and did not know why he happened to drive into the Krabi route.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dozens-injured-double-decker-bus-skids-road/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-15

pacovl46, on 16 Jan 2014 - 10:08, said:

How do you do a U-Turn at high speed???

I don't think you are familiar with Thai drivingwhistling.gif

I'm very much familiar with Thai driving! Doing a U-Turn with a bus is already a pain in the ass, doing it at high speed equals accident, hence normal people don't do U-Turns at high speeds. I never saw a bus doing a quick U-Turn, usually the block the street for a couple of "minutes" to get around!

• 3 months later...