Notary -need someone reasonable...

marmaduke

Just got ripped today by my own American Consulate. at the Dusit....3100 Baht to Notorize a multi page doc, just 2 stamps.

Need to do 2 more docs...Can anyone help me with a reasonably priced Notary along with contact info. Thanks.

Depends on what it is for. I know for the US, Thai notaries are not certified. The only option for Americans here is the embassy. Which is outrageously expensive. I've got some 10 pages that need doing in the next month. Ugh.

You might check with whoever is having you do this and ask if a Thai notary will suffice. If so, I've got a cheap one for you on the dark side. I tried it once and it was rejected by my title company.

Depends on what it is for. I know for the US, Thai notaries are not certified. The only option for Americans here is the embassy. Which is outrageously expensive. I've got some 10 pages that need doing in the next month. Ugh.

You might check with whoever is having you do this and ask if a Thai notary will suffice. If so, I've got a cheap one for you on the dark side. I tried it once and it was rejected by my title company.

For the US, it also depends on the recipient.

I recently had to file an updated notarized form 1583 for the US Postal Service, and they had no problem with using a foreign notary.

My US bank also accepted a Thai notarized signature on a form about 2 years ago.

For both instances, I used the German Thai Law Office on Pattaya-Naklua Road:

http://www.german-thai-group.com/2011/06/attorney-notary-services/

EQUITY INTERNATIONAL LAW OFFICE
284/69 Moo 5 Soi 12 500 Baht
Pattaya – Naklua Road
Naklua, Banglamungaht
Chonburi 20150
Tel 038 225427
Fax 038 225428
Mobile 01 6465907
Email:

MR THANAKORN RAJRONGMUANG, Attorney
General Practice in criminal, civil, family cases and Notary Public
English speaking lawyer

Found one for 500 Baht per doc, Naklua Soi 12.

Very happy with them!

Edited by Rimmer
email removed as per forum rules