Thai Lionair - Anybody used them? Any flight insurance?

scorecard

I used Thai Lion last week DMK-CNX-DMK. Extremely pleased. Both flights were on time and everything handled efficiently. The planes appeared new but were obviously designed for discount operations. Round trip fare for two people was 4800 Baht. Same flight on Nok Air was 7600 and on Air Asia about 8000. I would not hesitate to use this airline again, even at same prices as other airlines.

• Like 1

I had a flight with Thai Lion Air dmk-cnx-dmk and it was excellent on both occasions. A BRAND NEW plane, friendly and good English speaking staff on the ground and in the air.

On time on both occasions and so cheap as an introduction price. Really nothing wrong with them and I even highly recommend Lion Air after this very pleasant experience.

I had a flight with Thai Lion Air dmk-cnx-dmk and it was excellent on both occasions. A BRAND NEW plane, friendly and good English speaking staff on the ground and in the air.

On time on both occasions and so cheap as an introduction price. Really nothing wrong with them and I even highly recommend Lion Air after this very pleasant experience.

Brand new planes are one thing, the ability to safely fly those brand new planes is quite another.

Passengers largely assess the quality of an airline by the departure being on time, baggage not lost, or by the landing being OK. The first couple we all expect, and the landing is but a very small part of the flight, a relatively easy part at that. The approach, and that could start 10 or more minutes before touchdown, is far more important than the landing, but a passenger has no way of knowing how the approach was flown.

Passengers have no idea what is happening 'up front', and I've seen, and know of a lot of, appalling piloting among Asian carriers, particularly the low cost carriers.

Most people think that Japan, being the land of Honda and Sony, would have high standards, but the piloting and maintenance standards are appallingly low. How they don't stack aircraft every day is quite beyond me.

It's your life.....you have only one. I suppose it's a bit like wearing a thin, cheap plastic helmet on a motorcycle. If you have a $5.00 head, wear a $5.00 helmet!!

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

It's an airline as every other single airline !

But not all airlines are equal!!!

this is so true ,

i fly Australia's QANTAS airlines 2 to 6 times a month, they have a great safety record , among the worlds best .

however their in-flight service and the quality off staff is worse than anything i have seen in Asia.

Flown Lion Air Jakarta - Singapore, and various other flights, Surabaya, Bali, etc.. No problems. Fine. Good Airline but my fave was Mandala... amazingly good looking stewardesses.

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

Flown Lion Air Jakarta - Singapore, and various other flights, Surabaya, Bali, etc.. No problems. Fine. Good Airline but my fave was Mandala... amazingly good looking stewardesses.

Yep, that's the way you judge an airline's standard.

If you're going to go down, better it's with a good looking 'stewardess'.

Brand new planes are one thing, the ability to safely fly those brand new planes is quite another.

Passengers largely assess the quality of an airline by the departure being on time, baggage not lost, or by the landing being OK. The first couple we all expect, and the landing is but a very small part of the flight, a relatively easy part at that. The approach, and that could start 10 or more minutes before touchdown, is far more important than the landing, but a passenger has no way of knowing how the approach was flown.

Passengers have no idea what is happening 'up front', and I've seen, and know of a lot of, appalling piloting among Asian carriers, particularly the low cost carriers.

Most people think that Japan, being the land of Honda and Sony, would have high standards, but the piloting and maintenance standards are appallingly low. How they don't stack aircraft every day is quite beyond me.

It's your life.....you have only one. I suppose it's a bit like wearing a thin, cheap plastic helmet on a motorcycle. If you have a $5.00 head, wear a $5.00 helmet!!

Hi,

I have never flown with this airline so can't comment on the inflight service. They have however suffered from safety issues over the years which is well documented and which would prevent me from choosing them as a travel option.

I have to disagree with F4U Corsair who states that landing is relatively easy. That is most definitely not the case. I would also be very interested in what sort of appalling piloting he has witnessed on low cost carriers in Asia.

My personal experience of Japan is that the maintenance there is to a very high standard and which I have complete faith in when flying there.

As for your question. I have flown Thai Lionair. I found the whole process absolutely fine. Booking, paying, check in, punctuality, aircraft standards, etc. The seats were a bit cramped but its a budget airline and similar to air asia seats. What i did like was that the price you see is inclusive. No silly extras for baggage, checking in at the airport, convenience fee etc. The price includes 15kg of checked in baggage and 7kg of hand luggage. I would definitely use them again.

• Like 1

As for your question. I have flown Thai Lionair. I found the whole process absolutely fine. Booking, paying, check in, punctuality, aircraft standards, etc. The seats were a bit cramped but its a budget airline and similar to air asia seats. What i did like was that the price you see is inclusive. No silly extras for baggage, checking in at the airport, convenience fee etc. The price includes 15kg of checked in baggage and 7kg of hand luggage. I would definitely use them again.

"The price includes 15kg of checked in baggage and 7kg of hand luggage."

Thanks very much, that answers my earlier question. thumbsup.gif