Northern Thailand Trip, Part 1

Lancelot

The village of Mae Salong really has a Chinese flavor and I will return, maybe during warmer weather, hehe.

post-2362-0-30249400-1389943765_thumb.jp

This is leads to a cave near a wat close to my room.

post-2362-0-43524100-1389943954_thumb.jp

I take some side roads with the goal of linking back up with Rt 1 and spending the night in Mae Sai. I get lost around Mae Fa Luang. Nice scenery anyway smile.gif.pagespeed.ce.xM_f3u022S.gif

Tomorrow- The Golden Triangle!

• Like 2

I also just came back from a nice northen Thailand roadtrip.

From Chiang Mai to MaeSalong, I wanted to try the road 3037. I have been very disappointed considering this lovely road got so much potholes : it was very unpleasant to ride on this road.

Around MaeSalong, the 1234,1130 is a very beautifull road.

A small golden triangle loop : Mae Sai to Chiang Saen (road 1290) and CHiang Saen Mae Chan (road1016). Again, some very nice roads.

I would like to ride along the mekong more next time..

Back to Chiang Mai, the road 120 ( Phayao to Mae Kachan) have been my favourite road : riding easily at 100-110 around beautifull hills and many light curves was really cool.

Did you see me and my friends? ( PCX150, CBR250 and me on RKV200) ha ha

Edited by DrAzTiK

Ah Lancelot is at it again, good on you mate and great ride report as usual.

So you moved North, lucky you, my wife don't want to move from Pattaya so I guess we are stuck there (for now).

How do you find the CBR 250?

Hi G!

I like my CBR250. Its easy to ride, corners well and enough power for me. I only want to own one bike, so its big enough to comfortably make road trips but agile enough to split lanes in city driving :)

My fuel economy is about 30-32 kpl :)

• Like 2

Ah Lancelot is at it again, good on you mate and great ride report as usual.

So you moved North, lucky you, my wife don't want to move from Pattaya so I guess we are stuck there (for now).

How do you find the CBR 250?

Hi G!

I like my CBR250. Its easy to ride, corners well and enough power for me. I only want to own one bike, so its big enough to comfortably make road trips but agile enough to split lanes in city driving :)

My fuel economy is about 30-32 kpl :)

I also just came back from a nice northen Thailand roadtrip.

From Chiang Mai to MaeSalong, I wanted to try the road 3037. I have been very disappointed considering this lovely road got so much potholes : it was very unpleasant to ride on this road.

Around MaeSalong, the 1234,1130 is a very beautifull road.

A small golden triangle loop : Mae Sai to Chiang Saen (road 1290) and CHiang Saen Mae Chan (road1016). Again, some very nice roads.

I would like to ride along the mekong more next time..

Back to Chiang Mai, the road 120 ( Phayao to Mae Kachan) have been my favourite road : riding easily at 100-110 around beautifull hills and many light curves was really cool.

Did you see me and my friends? ( PCX150, CBR250 and me on RKV200) ha ha

Sure! I waved to you guys but you didn't wave back :)

70k with the same chain. That's impressive. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Exactly! And there was still a lot of threads left on the adjustment bolts, indicating minimal wear.

Even more impressive was that he used relatively cheap SAE 90 gear oil. One quart of that would last for years :)