Re-entry permit.

What is the process for getting a re-entry permit for Thailand?

Also, Multi re-entry permit, how many times can you leave the country and come back?

Using a Multi - Re-entry permit, and leaving every 90 days and coming back few days later,

will that help avoid the lengthy queues at immigration? (I am on an non immigrant ED Visa,

border runs are quicker than immigration queues!)

Thanks in advance.

A re-entry permit gives you no additional time it is only valid for the length of your permit to stay.

It will not replace doing extensions every 90 days if that is what you are doing.

If you want to avoid having to go to immigration for 90 day reports you can mail them in.

While we are on the topic of Re- entry permits on form TM 8 it quotes "and shall return to Thailand about". Does anyone how flexible this is ?? i.e. could you just say September 2014 for example.

You can put any date you want as long as it is not later than your permit to stay date. Same for departure.

While we are on the topic of Re- entry permits on form TM 8 it quotes "and shall return to Thailand about". Does anyone how flexible this is ?? i.e. could you just say September 2014 for example.

You can put any date you want as long as it is not later than your permit to stay date. Same for departure.

Thanks for your reply ubonjoe

What would happen if for example if I put September 2014 & returned for example November 2014 which will be not later than my permit to stay

A re-entry permit gives you no additional time it is only valid for the length of your permit to stay.

It will not replace doing extensions every 90 days if that is what you are doing.

If you want to avoid having to go to immigration for 90 day reports you can mail them in.

ah ok, was just a random Thought,

but not what I was told by the immigration officer, as I have to do a 90 day check on 24 march and I will not be in Thailand then, I was

told I will have to do the 90 check 90 days after I return to Thailand. which will fall before the permitted to stay until date..

Must say her English was n´t the best though!

You do not have to make the report until 90 days from the date you enter the country including that day in the count.

My reference to 90 day reports was a response to your post since it seemed you could be wanting to leave in order to avoid having to do the reports.

ah ok, was just a random Thought,

but not what I was told by the immigration officer, as I have to do a 90 day check on 24 march and I will not be in Thailand then, I was

told I will have to do the 90 check 90 days after I return to Thailand. which will fall before the permitted to stay until date..

Must say her English was n´t the best though!

" I have to do a 90 day check "

Your use of the word "check" is not clear.

If you're talking about a 90 day report (not an extension) then what she said was correct. If you go out of the country, the 90 day count starts again from when you return. You make the report when you have spent 90 continuous days in the country. If you're here for say 75 days and go out, there's no need to report since you weren't in-country for 90 continuous days. Come back into Thailand and the count begins again.

Seems like her English was adequate. How did in compare to your Thai?

Edited by Suradit69