Very Happy after two weeks

kevvy

Hi

I am very happy with my weight lost after two weeks .I have lost 8 kilos , and I am doing a low carb eating program. I am walking 500 metres without stopping . That is great for me as I am not in the best of health. Anyway I am going to keep going , so I just thought I would share it with you all.

For all the new guys just starting you going to your health regime ?

kevvy

• Like 1

Great news kevvy.. keep it going on. Good results don't change a thing until things slow down. Just try to walk more (when you can and don't overdo it as the body needs rest too).

If you lost that much already.. i take it you got a lot to loose ? Usually when you have a lot to loose you go fast at first, I used to be happy with a kg a week (and took me a year to loose 25kg) Granted I was not that much overweight.

I hope you keep it up.. no greater motivator as success.

• Like 1

I am going to keep it up RB , I know I will only lose a little after the first few weeks , But after a year I hope to lose 30 kilos. That will mean I will be back to my old weight 6 years ago. I will keep going as you have to eat to live , not live to eat .The thing that made me change was my health .The doctors told me my life expectancy was not a long time because of my illness , but I am going to do everything I can to prove them wrong . My wife is 100% behind me and helping me and eating the same as me to help me through it. Thanks mate

Congratulation clap2.gif

First: with exercise and walking...don't overdo it....If you feel worn from the last day, take a brake of 1-2 days. Don't force things, specially on the beginning but of course don't get lazy.

Drink a lot water (or green tea or jasmine tea, if prefer ice cold with ice cubes)

Avoid alcohol (it makes you hungry)

eat a lot vitamin tablets...I think the Vitamin Bs come with carbs so you should replace them somehow.

A lot Vitamin C is never wrong

Specially when diet I fell a lot better when I am a lot in the sun....don't know why and if it is also for other people or just for me

Be ready to accept that it slows down after a while and there are moments where it seems you gain weight, but than 3 days later you have a lot less for no obvious reason. So don't weight yourself all the time and make yourself crazy.....just keep on doing it.

If any questions or ideas....post it here.....

And if boring or hungry post a few sarcastic comments to the people who claim that loosing weight can't be done....and specially not with low carbs....cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

Weight loss can be done for almost everyone people just have to find the thing that suits them.

Some viable things

- low carb

- Intermittent fasting

- calorie counting

There are others of course and they don't all suit everyone. I just get from a program that suits me and make my own. I have done big meals and fast for the rest of the day (Intermittent fasting), low carb and calorie counting. Its just takes some time to understand what works for you and after a while you start to understand what is enough and what is too much (food wise).

I have noticed high protein curbs my appetite well (as stated by many) but its not magic. Green tea works for me too.

8 kilo's in two weeks is a lot in a short space of time, well done but take care not to overdo it. I lost twelve kilo's over six weeks and the dramatic change in carb intake caused physiological upsets which I couldn't explain at the time but later found are quite common - it's the body adjusting to the new order. Also, there's a tendency for new dieters to overdo it in the early days, often this results in vitamin deficiency as essential food types are dropped - perhaps consider taking multi-vitamin, B12 and/or B Complex?

• Like 1

8 kilo's in two weeks is a lot in a short space of time, well done but take care not to overdo it. I lost twelve kilo's over six weeks and the dramatic change in carb intake caused physiological upsets which I couldn't explain at the time but later found are quite common - it's the body adjusting to the new order. Also, there's a tendency for new dieters to overdo it in the early days, often this results in vitamin deficiency as essential food types are dropped - perhaps consider taking multi-vitamin, B12 and/or B Complex?

I think its normal for dieters to start off fast and especially if you go lower carbs and sugars a lot of water weight gets lost. That is normal and not a problem.

But most people once they made the change start off fast and its easy at first, i personally don't see much problems with it as its good psychologically. However if you are starting to feel bad like you describe its time to slow down a bit.

• Like 1

8 kg in two weeks? I take it you must have started as being quite overweight?

In any case, that is a great accomplishment, use it as motivation to keep going. Once you feel like you can do regular excersize without gasping for air, consider adding some strength training with the help of someone who know what they are doing.

• Like 1

Nice, Kevvy. Keep it up. I won't talk about dieting, but rather the after effects. Two years ago, 77kg (fighting fit weight when young, 66kg). Illness struck, dropped down to 61kg, now back up to 63-64kg. It might not seem a lot, but I can tell you the difference it has made is great. Comfortable is a word I like to use about weight loss, but don't regard as an innocuous word. It has a lot of meaning in that afterwards you move around so much more easily, do things more easily, your wits are sharper, reactions better, concentration also sharper - and so on. You feel a lot more comfortable in your skin. So to speak. When you experience that, you have a lot more motivation to go on. It's as good as pulling in a few orange roughies, mate.

• Like 1

Congratulation clap2.gif

First: with exercise and walking...don't overdo it....If you feel worn from the last day, take a brake of 1-2 days. Don't force things, specially on the beginning but of course don't get lazy.

Drink a lot water (or green tea or jasmine tea, if prefer ice cold with ice cubes)

eat a lot vitamin tablets...I think the Vitamin Bs come with carbs so you should replace them somehow.

Specially when diet I fell a lot better when I am a lot in the sun....don't know why and if it is also for other people or just for me

Be ready to accept that it slows down after a while and there are moments where it seems you gain weight, but than 3 days later you have a lot less for no obvious reason. So don't weight yourself all the time and make yourself crazy.....just keep on doing it.

And if boring or hungry post a few sarcastic comments to the people who claim that loosing weight can't be done....and specially not with low carbs...

thanks I will do thid

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Congratulation clap2.gif

And if boring or hungry post a few sarcastic comments to the people who claim that loosing weight can't be done....and specially not with low carbs....cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Thanks for your help . One good thing is I love eating veggies

Nice, Kevvy. Keep it up. I won't talk about dieting, but rather the after effects. Two years ago, 77kg (fighting fit weight when young, 66kg). Illness struck, dropped down to 61kg, now back up to 63-64kg. It might not seem a lot, but I can tell you the difference it has made is great. Comfortable is a word I like to use about weight loss, but don't regard as an innocuous word. It has a lot of meaning in that afterwards you move around so much more easily, do things more easily, your wits are sharper, reactions better, concentration also sharper - and so on. You feel a lot more comfortable in your skin. So to speak. When you experience that, you have a lot more motivation to go on. It's as good as pulling in a few orange roughies, mate.

I am going to do this , as for a long time I felt sorry for myself and didnt give a care about my health , now I have had a big turn around and I think it was to do with my wife .I want to be with her long time to come and stuff what the doctors said about my life expectancy. Thanks

Kevvy

8 kg in two weeks? I take it you must have started as being quite overweight?

In any case, that is a great accomplishment, use it as motivation to keep going. Once you feel like you can do regular excersize without gasping for air, consider adding some strength training with the help of someone who know what they are doing.

Thanks

I cant do hardy any exercise at the moment (health reasons) but I can control what goes in my mouth . Thankyou for caring

Kevvy

Good going, just don't lose heart when it becomes 1kg every 2 weeks. Keep it up and good luck

Ritchie

even if I lose 1 kg in 2 weeks and the end of 6 months it is still 13 kg,s 13 less than I had 6 months ago. thanks

Kevvy

BY eating all the veggies and fruit and small amount of protein wouldn't that give me all the vitamins I need

Thanks CM

well 4 kg can be easily water so it is just a 2 kg fat per week which isn't that much when you have a lot weight. It is still a lot but not as extreme as 8 kg sounds

BY eating all the veggies and fruit and small amount of protein wouldn't that give me all the vitamins I need

Thanks CM

nononono be carefully!!!

B Vitamins not

essential fat acids no

essential amino acids maybe not enough

maybe some fat solvable vitamins

but eating 2 multivitamin tablets + fish oil should fix that (everyone will agree on that)

But many may mean that you need a lot more when the body has a lot stress when dieting.

Most important, there are ups and downs....you may weight 3 days every day more than the day before....don't make yourself crazy on that. the 4th day you may be 2 kg less.....such fluctuations are normal.

And illness and short live expectancy: often it is wrong.....A couple of years I joked with an older lady, friend of my wife, she was 5 years after the longest the docs gave here and without any problems. She had lung cancer, she still had it but the cancer didn't grow anymore.

Also other problems sometimes vanish with extreme changes of live style (diabeties and liver problems with no carbs). And even if not, better have a good active time than giving up.

Take care the vitamins! Only a few vitamins can be overdosed and even there you need to take complete crazy amounts to really harm yourself

Some people think that after reducing the weight for say 20 kg it is a good idea to take a break from dieting and than start again.

I started to lift weights, if you are bad health it might be a kind of sport that is still possible. It sometimes increase testesterone production and really energizy males hahahaha (of course the can be also added as medication which often results in fat loose and muscle gain).

• Like 1

Thanks CM

Poster h90 gave the answer to the vitamin question that I would have given you, totally agree, B12 is a biggee as is B Complex.

I have stopped drinking diet soda as it is just as bad as the real thing.everything is going great still. Will be eating some oats and skinny milk for breakfast some days and other days i have steam veggies.eating alot more fish and cutting my red meat by half.red meat now is only 300 grams a week.thanks for all your help

kevvy

I have stopped drinking diet soda as it is just as bad as the real thing.everything is going great still. Will be eating some oats and skinny milk for breakfast some days and other days i have steam veggies.eating alot more fish and cutting my red meat by half.red meat now is only 300 grams a week.thanks for all your help

kevvy

Kevvy,

It seems to be going great.. make sure you keep it livable.. not everyone can be a total spartan when it comes to cutting things out. You need to do this a long time. Try to find things that you like that are healthy.

• Like 1

off topic.... sorry

orange roughies!! wow they are a deep deep sea fish ugly as hell but one of the nicest tasting. I think that is what you are talking about , or I am thinking something else mate .. no worries.

still going strong the diet , my old cheese is helping too. she is a bonzer mate..

kevvy

Edited by kevvy

Good show.

I think I have lost circa 7 kg in a tad under 3 months....I say think cos weighed myself couple days ago on same machine I have used before and it said 76.5kg....I was 83.5 3 months ago....but not sure scales working properly,

kevvy

Kevvy,

It seems to be going great.. make sure you keep it livable.. not everyone can be a total spartan when it comes to cutting things out. You need to do this a long time. Try to find things that you like that are healthy.

i really love vegies cauli , brocolli, carrots , cabbage , zucchini, pumpkin, . I can eat them all day as I have done in the past .But drinking so much coke when I was sick really was so bad for me . Plus just sitting around and lots of breads as well. And , 2 kgs steak each week . I was never one to have take away foods .

thanks RB

KEVVY

Edited by kevvy

Good show.

I think I have lost circa 7 kg in a tad under 3 months....I say think cos weighed myself couple days ago on same machine I have used before and it said 76.5kg....I was 83.5 3 months ago....but not sure scales working properly,

Good work mate maybe the scales are trying to trick you too... biggrin.png

• 1 month later...

Great kevvy, sounds like a great result. 15 kg is a lot already you must see some nice changes in your appearance.

Can you explain or try to explain to me why your body wont allow it. I know you are disabled. Do you mean you don't have the stamina.. or do your muscles get really sore the next day. There might be some exercises that i could advise you to do if you tell a bit more. But it wont really help you loose extra weight. Just get into a better shape. I am not talking about huge muscles.. but just strength and stamina.

• Like 1

Great kevvy, sounds like a great result. 15 kg is a lot already you must see some nice changes in your appearance.

Can you explain or try to explain to me why your body wont allow it. I know you are disabled. Do you mean you don't have the stamina.. or do your muscles get really sore the next day. There might be some exercises that i could advise you to do if you tell a bit more. But it wont really help you loose extra weight. Just get into a better shape. I am not talking about huge muscles.. but just strength and stamina.

15 kilos is alot to lose in a short time

Edited by johnmarhall

What are you talking about John , I see you every 3 days and you see it when in the office... How did you go fishing on friday? ..

You can lose some weight too.As I have told you before ..hehehehe