Mac stores have new round mac pros in stock

atyclb

The online Apple store also has a delivery date of February. I just ordered one with all the options ticked ... THB 350,280.giggle.gif Annoying they don't have the 4K displays available yet on the site. I would have ordered three of them.

The boxes in Esplanade were most likely demos to be setup.

Is anybody here on TV interested in buying the new Mac Pro?

Edited by sniffdog

The online Apple store also has a delivery date of February. I just ordered one with all the options ticked ... THB 350,280.giggle.gif Annoying they don't have the 4K displays available yet on the site. I would have ordered three of them.

boxes at esplanade specifically not for demo as i asked. unusual to think many people would simply buy it unable to test drive a demo.

i have configured many a hackintosh and also own real macs. the engineering is very nice but short of having a reliable business use for it, price too high. i recall an online review of a higher end round mac pro was only 8% faster than a CTO imac

an osx86 with current 6 core i7, fast ram, pcie ssd, and 2 gpu's will be very competitive for less and won't incur the cost for external thunderbolt mandatory peripherals. thunderbolt and usb3 already available on mb.

Edited by atyclb

boxes at esplanade specifically not for demo as i asked. unusual to think many people would simply buy it unable to test drive a demo.

i have configured many a hackintosh and also own real macs. the engineering is very nice but short of having a reliable business use for it, price too high. i recall an online review of a higher end round mac pro was only 8% faster than a CTO imac

an osx86 with current 6 core i7, fast ram, pcie ssd, and 2 gpu's will be very competitive for less and won't incur the cost for external thunderbolt mandatory peripherals. thunderbolt and usb3 already available on mb.

I know it is a cool piece of equipment, but what are you doing to require all that firepower? Or is it just because you want it and you can afford it? :)

In one of the reviews i recall the entry level model price being called less than the sum of the components. It is bleeding edge technology already available (bar thunderbolt 2) in a new form factor.

For video editing and audio with a business income to justify the price its not bad. some critiques have mentioned about needing expensive outboard thunderbolt pcie boxes to use mainstream video accelerator cards like red rocket whereas the old box design would accommodate this in a slot at no extra cost.

good thing is it is user upgradeable and third party ram already announced. may be third party internal ssd upgrades also. it would be very nice if apple offers gpu upgrades in the future.

an alternate option is to get a good deal on a used hp dual xenon workstation, throw in pcie ssd and install osx, but no thunderbolt support.

some macs do compete price wise with pc like mac mini