'Respect my vote' - Thai election supporters speak out

webfact

They are clearly paid by Thaksin and haven't made their homework and some proper research.

Otherwise they would know, that the only way forward for Thailand is to hand over all power immediately to "the peoples council", because their corruption is somehow okay and the other's corruption isn't!

• Like 2

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are clearly paid by Thaksin and haven't made their homework and some proper research.

Otherwise they would know, that the only way forward for Thailand is to hand over all power immediately to "the peoples council", because their corruption is somehow okay and the other's corruption isn't!

five steps to the top

SICK

SICKER

EXTREME SICK

EXTRAORDINARY SICK

WASTE

Congratulations, you made it to the top, at once.

You possess all attributes, at the highest level, to make Thailand's next elite-waste!

All you need to do is, throw the current PM off her seat, and claim it for yourself.

See, so "Amazing"!

Above all Thailand needs a leader to show the way.

So..... in the words of Roger Waters....... is there anybody out there?

Certainly there is no politician of any political persuasion who has the charisma to 'carry the flag', and who is beyond corruption.

But there is a Leader who could show the way. But silence prevails xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

Simon

They rolled the dice in 2006 and fast fwd to now, Thailand is tasting their bitter fruits.

Whats needed is a backflip

The voice of the people is now come out. Respect their rights to live and work without blocking their roads and building.

The opposite is also valid - 'respect my right to protest'.

Exactly correct... This is a long way from being anything close to over.....

The voice of the people is now come out. Respect their rights to live and work without blocking their roads and building.

Nobody said they don't have a right to protest. But there is a difference between protesting and shutting down the city and damaging the country.

You have protesters in Washington DC every single day, but you don't see them cutting electricity and water to the White House, preventing cars from driving around the city, threatening to arrest Obama and his ministers, throwing Molotov cocktails in the streets, beating up taxi drivers, threatening to shut down airport radio and stock markets, etc.

Get it?

Nobody said they don't have a right to protest. But there is a difference between protesting and shutting down the city and damaging the country.

You have protesters in Washington DC every single day, but you don't see them cutting electricity and water to the White House, preventing cars from driving around the city, threatening to arrest Obama and his ministers, throwing Molotov cocktails in the streets, beating up taxi drivers, threatening to shut down airport radio and stock markets, etc.

Get it?

Who is throwing molotov cocktails?

Get it?

The protesters, as I wrote in the previous post. Please take your time to read before asking what I already wrote.

Specifically, at the Thai-Japanese stadium during the voting registration riots. There's enough articles and photos in the news, go look it up, Sherlock.

Get it?

The protesters, as I wrote in the previous post. Please take your time to read before asking what I already wrote.

Specifically, at the Thai-Japanese stadium during the voting registration riots. There's enough articles and photos in the news, go look it up, Sherlock.

Plenty of articles about molotov cocktails being thrown at anti-government protesters tents. Can you point me to one where protesters were throwing them?

The opposition surely has the right to protest. They however have no right to deny other people basic democratic rights such as the right to run for office, or the right to vote.

By denying people the right to run for office, they stopped being merely protestors.

Get it?

Plenty of articles about molotov cocktails being thrown at anti-government protesters tents. Can you point me to one where protesters were throwing them?

Gladly.

Source: REUTERS News

Article Title: An anti-government protester throws a molotov cocktail at Thai riot police as they attack Government House in Bangkok (for you to look it up on Google)

Image evidence:

http://d24pg1nxua23qm.cloudfront.net/contentAsset/image/387e8a06-d5b8-4a9b-aea4-a26f25804bc8/image/byInode/1/filter/Resize,Jpeg/jpeg_q/90/resize_w/604

I can't post it directly as a photo due to the way of Reuters uploading photos, but you can look it up on Google yourself, the actual article.

Need more?

• Like 1

These white shirts carrying candles are actually whitewashed red shirts, aren't they?. There was a hysterical cartoon on Thai social media of a red buffalo being painted white.

Any red shirt or whitewashed red shirt carry any kind of a flame strikes fear and loathing into the hearts of Bangkokians who remember the burning of Central World and other buildings.

Anyway they can have their votes on 2 Feb but nothing will change.

• Like 1

Yea but do you know what you are protesting against - Thaksin or corruption? And they are not the same.

Yes but protest should not put roadblocks in place. Your freedom ends were you limit others.

They have been doing just that, haven't they?

These white shirts carrying candles are actually whitewashed red shirts, aren't they?. There was a hysterical cartoon on Thai social media of a red buffalo being painted white.

Any red shirt or whitewashed red shirt carry any kind of a flame strikes fear and loathing into the hearts of Bangkokians who remember the burning of Central World and other buildings.

Well done the government, RTP and RTA for their excellent restraint and non confrontational approach allowing the provocation of Suthep to play out and fade, and credit to the peaceful demonstrators who make a valid point regarding their "right to vote"

• Like 2

respect your own vote

do not sell it to the highest bidder....

You may not have realised, but a culture of buying votes favours those with money enough to buy the voters

So who do think has allowed this practice to continue for decades.......

What do you think could possibly be the catalyst for a sudden purge and discontinuation?

Edited by 473geo

Get it?

Agree they have a right to protest, but no right to disrupt the lives of ordinary citizens and no right to take away their rights to vote if they want.

• Like 1

Well done the government, RTP and RTA for their excellent restraint and non confrontational approach allowing the provocation of Suthep to play out and fade, and credit to the peaceful demonstrators who make a valid point regarding their "right to vote"

Agreed. Very even handed. It was a valid point they were making when they set out.. Still is.

Voting is already underway now in Australia so by the end of the day we will be getting real numbers of thais who have cast votes.

How till this look if the amount of Thais who cast real physical ballots surpasses the number of protesters on a few junctions in Thailand.

Let the voting begin, let Suthep have his final fling and hope the dems show their treacherous nature again, but against him this time..

Only way for thailand and somebody has to step up, not down.

• Like 1

Our rapid economic growth has us now classified as a high middle income country.

Most of the income is in the hands of few and most have been left behind, take a look at the income disparity.

This isn't the case in most democratically suave countries.

When your basic needs have been met and you don't have to worry if you will have breakfast on the table tomorrow you have more time to ponder equality, ideologies, corruption and injustice.

When your poor and hopeless all your thinking about is feeding yourself, your family and making ends meet so you will vote for whoever can give you a free handout (think vote buying, populist policies like the rice scheme, universal healthcare coverage).

Thailand needs to spread the wealth by removing the oligarchy (mostly landowners whose primary income is rent).

Who are these landowners? Politicians, Senators, Aristocracy, Military& Police elite, Palace, Established family conglomerates etc.

Land taxation and inheritance tax comes to mind.

This has been proven to work in many countries when it comes to spreading the wealth.

Fighting to promote people who are only up there to serve their own interests and that of their allies is useless.

Thaksin takes corruption to a whole new level.

The Democrats just don't get it and will never appeal to the poor.

We need more choices.

Wake up people.

Edited by smileydude

You mean the people is now coming out. But the was of the people was coming out in 2010. They also wanted their rights to live and work without some weird people blocking their roads and buildings. Moreover they did not want their city and their buildings burned down.

Were you playing the same tune in 2010? I bet you not.

Buildings were burned down after the army killed demonstrators.

In the beginning the red shirt demos had no violence. If the police start shooting on the current demonstrators and popping off a hundred of them, you can be assured that the hardcore splinter group will start burning down buildings too, my guess starting with Shinawatra I, II and III buildings.

The timing is correct, but the reason given is suspect and maybe even invalid - more likely the burnings came solely at the direction of the puppet master when they (the reds) couldn't get their own way.

Oh wait, I forgot something. They didn't just shoot molotov coktails, but also homemade rockets.

Actual Article:

Riot police held their lines by using water cannons, tear gas and rubber bullets to force back thousands of protesters attempting to storm government buildings by throwing rocks, homemade explosives and Molotov cocktails.

Source: TIME Magazine

Or this one, from THE GUARDIAN:

Protester-throws-a-moloto-007.jpg

Note the whistle around his neck.

ugghhh.... ugly stuff. these idiotic yellow shirts should return to the Southern bus terminal, go home and try and get real jobs. And to all those yellow shirt protesters who donated cash to Suthep... congratulations... part of your money has probably gone to fund things like this.

No No NOOOO There is a perfect explanation. He is a red shirt who is pretending to be a Suthep lover. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

If the election were to be delayed it would provide the Democrat party time to consider how its anti-democracy stance has repelled voters of its own support base. If the Democrats care, they would decide to participate in the electoral, democratic process. If the Democrats have abandoned democracy altogether, then that would be clear also. Presently, it looks that the Democrat party has abandoned democracy based on one person one vote, which is a long term negative for Thailand or for any country.

Anti democracy protesters go home. You were misled, misguided by people whose objectives include seizing power to install their dictatorship regime. Exercise your voting right before it is too late. You have seen the government have been tolerance, exercising restraint, patience in the midst of baseless and unsubstantiated accusations and daily threats from PDRC leaders. The safety and the livelihoods of the people are their main concerned not their power that was gained through democratic means. I am sure the government will be compassionate and appeal for leniency . Send from my Mobile

Pro Government protesters go home. You were misled, misguided by people whose objectives include seizing power to install their dictatorship regime. Sell your rice before it is too late. You have seen government corruption without restraint, arrogance, and unconstitutional activities and daily threats from the PT leaders. Their bank accounts are their main concern and maintaining their power through a corrupted democratic means. I am sure that the government will vigorously prosecute any dissenters.

Goes both ways.

It doesn't actually - nobody installed a "dictatorship regime". YS is globally regarded as the properly elected PM of the country whether you like her or not. Simply stating stuff irrationally does not make it fact.

If you are so convinced that you are right and the people support you, go to the electorate and ask them to vote. Last time it happened the global community seemed fairly pleased with the cleanness of the election. I know it's important to the protest that it was not so, but it seems to have been the least purchased vote in Thai history.

Ferdinand Marcos also won "democratic" elections supported globally, and was beloved as a champion of the poor with his Populist policies until far too late, after he and his family had plundered the country beyond comprehension and committed untold human rights abuses and atrocities.

Seems to me that a heck of a lot of people know that the current PM is just a proxy for a criminal who ought to be standing trial in the Hague...I mean come on, what sort of novel idea was it to appoint as PM someone with absolutely zilch political experience, zilch knowledge of anything to do with running a country, someone who would certainly not be fit to stand as PM anywhere on the planet other than for the fact that she appears to be a stand in for someone else...and isn't it amazing, in this true democracy, that everyone PT picks to run the show is a family member or relative of one person? Suthep and his lot are horrid, but don't for a minute claim anything about a free democracy when on February 2, there will not be any type of government reform or new start, merely another term of one man and his clan cleaning up for themselves.

• Like 2