Ubc

Aviador

I am sitting here the monsoon has arrived, the boys are watching satellite TV.

Some time ago I read a report, a complaint actually from some black organization, that the film industry is severely lacking pictures with black actors.

For 1,423 Baht a month I get Home Box, Cinemax, STMV, and at least 4 or more other US movie channels on UBC. Every one of them and I mean every one has nothing but violent movies the majority with nothing but black actors. I have nothing against black actors, many are amongst my favorites, but all the shows they present are detective, crime, gory root’n toot’n car chasing cops and robbers shows. The boys are fast learning “Nigger English”. Eg 13, a neighborhood boy who is very intelligent, has learned more English in the 2 years I have known him, then in the 5 years in school is already talking this jargon and loves to show it off.

Ah kick you black ass, motherf… , shiiiiit, shut you mouth bitch, ######, <deleted>.. you of course, (which is every second word anyway) yo jiving me bro is already part of his everyday English vocabulary. None of those movies are dubbed in Thai, some have Thai titles underneath. Occasionally at night UBC will show a movie whose actors have been dead long enough to qualify for resurrection.

If it weren’t for about 4 cartoon channels for the little guys, discovery, natl. geographic CNN, BBC and the history channel I wouldn’t even have the ###### thing.

I know I am bitchin again,

The ol Capt.

Even as someone very anti-PC this just sounds racist to me, perhaps most movies about black people in america are full of violence, police chases etc... because thats the general experience for them.

As for the child who has learned more English from the 2 years of watching movies than 5 years of school, isn't that a good thing, the jargon will wear off the language skills won't.

I just saw Crash for the first time last night and thought it was amongst the best films I've ever seen. Ludicrus was probably the best actor in it.

I have two points to make, both of which are totally off topic.

Firstly, nice to see you back posting cap'n. It's been too long.

Secondly, is it true that Sky satellite tv is now available in LOS?