I got red stamped

I am afraid you do not know what you are talking about      ALL VISA's Can not be tranferd      Only Extensions are tranferd
the red stamp  is not tranferd,  the stamp is from a consulate meaning you can not go back to that consulate for another visa, no big deal,  if you go to imm to get a extension tranferd they will not care about a red stamp from a cosulate  

I am not sure what ur problem is but my visa has been transferred two times during my stay here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Valid visas from an embassy or consulate are not transfered you must use old passport until visa expires.

Extensions of stay from immigration (they are not visas) will be transfered with a annotation made of last visa entry.

The above is a copy and paste of post number 41 that I did.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ubonjoe" post="7316240" timestamp="1390176217"][quote name="blabth" post="7315721" timestamp="1390149149"]   [quote name="MikeandDow" post="7314601" timestamp="1390130520"]I am afraid you do not know what you are talking about      ALL VISA's Can not be tranferd      Only Extensions are tranferd the red stamp  is not tranferd,  the stamp is from a consulate meaning you can not go back to that consulate for another visa, no big deal,  if you go to imm to get a extension tranferd they will not care about a red stamp from a cosulate  [/quote] I am not sure what ur problem is but my visa has been transferred two times during my stay here. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand[/quote] Valid visas from an embassy or consulate are not transfered you must use old passport until visa expires. Extensions of stay from immigration (they are not visas) will be transfered with a annotation made of last visa entry. The above is a copy and paste of post number 41 that I did.[/quote] I spoke about marriage visa depends visa, working visa (1year validity) there are issued here in Bangkok and they will be transferred in case you have a new passport, it has to be as there is a possibility that you lost your passport. But again this topic will not help to answer the original question.

I am afraid you do not know what you are talking about      ALL VISA's Can not be tranferd      Only Extensions are tranferd
the red stamp  is not tranferd,  the stamp is from a consulate meaning you can not go back to that consulate for another visa, no big deal,  if you go to imm to get a extension tranferd they will not care about a red stamp from a cosulate  

I am not sure what ur problem is but my visa has been transferred two times during my stay here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Valid visas from an embassy or consulate are not transfered you must use old passport until visa expires.
Extensions of stay from immigration (they are not visas) will be transfered with a annotation made of last visa entry.
The above is a copy and paste of post number 41 that I did.

I spoke about marriage visa depends visa, working visa (1year validity) there are issued here in Bangkok and they will be transferred in case you have a new passport, it has to be as there is a possibility that you lost your passport. But again this topic will not help to answer the original question.

Immigration does not issue any visas other than ones issued in conjunction with qualifying for an extension of stay.

If you have a valid visa from an embassy or consulate when you loose a passport it is gone along with the passport you would have to get a new one. If you have and extension of stay immigration can check their records and reinstate your extension in a new passport.

You are still confusing visas and extensions of stay.

• Like 1

[quote name="ubonjoe" post="7316339" timestamp="1390178606"][quote name="blabth" post="7316312" timestamp="1390177794"] [quote name="ubonjoe" post="7316240" timestamp="1390176217"] [quote name="blabth" post="7315721" timestamp="1390149149"]   [quote name="MikeandDow" post="7314601" timestamp="1390130520"]I am afraid you do not know what you are talking about      ALL VISA's Can not be tranferd      Only Extensions are tranferd the red stamp  is not tranferd,  the stamp is from a consulate meaning you can not go back to that consulate for another visa, no big deal,  if you go to imm to get a extension tranferd they will not care about a red stamp from a cosulate  [/quote] I am not sure what ur problem is but my visa has been transferred two times during my stay here. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand  [/quote]Valid visas from an embassy or consulate are not transfered you must use old passport until visa expires. Extensions of stay from immigration (they are not visas) will be transfered with a annotation made of last visa entry. The above is a copy and paste of post number 41 that I did.  [/quote]I spoke about marriage visa depends visa, working visa (1year validity) there are issued here in Bangkok and they will be transferred in case you have a new passport, it has to be as there is a possibility that you lost your passport. But again this topic will not help to answer the original question.  [/quote]   Immigration does not issue any visas other than ones issued in conjunction with qualifying for an extension of stay. If you have a valid visa from an embassy or consulate when you loose a passport it is gone along with the passport you would have to get a new one. If you have and extension of stay immigration can check their records and reinstate your extension in a new passport. You are still confusing visas and extensions of stay.[/quote] Ok you got me now, immigration is not issuing the visa only extension and permits except that they issue also non immigrant O visa thank you for correcting me and explaining to me that an extension of an visa is not a visa Thank you so much

A non immigrant visa issued by immigration is only valid for a matter of minutes until a entry/permit to stay stamp is done. Then you apply for an extension of that permit to stay.

Visas are not extended. Only a permit to stay is extended.

• Like 1

1. (and irrelevant to the original post but...) UK. YES you can, and i have got a new passport whilst my current one was still valid and still contained blank pages directly from Durham Passport office in 2 hours (pre booked). I was asked if i wanted a SPARE passport as the nice lady told me that some frequent business travellers are given a spare one to use but this is quite rare and is assessed on a case by case basis.

2. (and back to the original question....) I do visa runs to mainly Cambodia (aranyaprathet) OR anywhere Air Asia has a very cheap ticket to, every month (now the land crossing is 30days its great !) and have done so for 3 years now apart from a couple of short trips back to UK. I have NEVER even had a raised eyebrow. i am NOT dodgy but cant quite meet the financial requirements for staying here on a non O and rather than cheating or fiddling prefer to do it this way. If the rules ever change or I am told to no longer do this then i will have to re assess but i believe this will be acceptable for a long time due to the fact that immigration always know where I am as i use my correct thai home address. If the op lives in Bangkok ish, then its simply a one day a month day out with the opportunity to treat himself to a nice new knock off lacoste t shirt or pair of raybans on Rongklue Market and 200 iffy Chinese fake Marlboro for 200baht on the cambodia side !! 

Bus from Mor Chit 200B (or train to Aran + Tuk Tuk   58 + 40)

Cambo Visa $20 + 100B coffee money (optional extras :-  No photo ? No problem 200B, Cambo express fee 200B)

no problem, life is good in the LOS :-)

If you don't mind traveling a little further you could get a 3 entry from the honorary consulate in Bali. You would need one ticket out of Thailand for anytime during the visas 6 months validity.

I suspect you got the red stamp because of your unusual visa history especially those 3 back to back ED visas.

This is an appealing possibility. I'm assuming a triple entry tourist visa would give me a total of 270 days? (Including two runs across the border and 3 30-day extensions at immigration?)

Has anyone successfully gotten a triple entry recently, at Bali or elsewhere? Which other consulates/embassies grant triple entry visas? Any idea of how my visa history might impact my chances of getting a triple entry?

I just don't want to spend all the time/money on a trip somewhere far afield like Bali if the chances of success don't look too good.

6. If I get refused a tourist visa, can I still re-enter Thailand either by land (getting stamped in for 15 days) or air (getting stamped in for 30 days)? Or will I get “locked out” of the country? And if so, for how long?

As you come from the US (one of the G7 countries) you will now get a 30 day stamp at a land border crossing without a visa, this changed recently.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already as I didn't bother to read the whole thread yet.

6. If I get refused a tourist visa, can I still re-enter Thailand either by land (getting stamped in for 15 days) or air (getting stamped in for 30 days)? Or will I get “locked out” of the country? And if so, for how long?

As you come from the US (one of the G7 countries) you will now get a 30 day stamp at a land border crossing without a visa, this changed recently.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already as I didn't bother to read the whole thread yet.

Yes, it's good to know about the 30 day stamp for overland crossings, in case I get refused a tourist visa; my only concern being, given that I got the red stamp and already have 3 tourist visas and a number of ED visas, are there cases like this where border officials refuse admittance to the country?

Maybe I'm being overly concerned, but I'm just not very familiar with how the visa "game" actually gets played out, and I'd hate to find myself suddenly "homeless" (ie, barred from returning to Thailand) for some unspecified period of time.

The only thing they might look for is how many border crossings for exempt entries you have done.

Visas don't count to them.

Good to know.

What about the reverse? -- do the officials who grant visas look at exempt entries (how many, how recent)?

A US citizen will get 30 days at a land border.

There is no official limit, but some checkpoint will in practice limit the number of entries if by land.

The "90 days within 180 days only" rule was abolished in 2008. Since then, there is no limitation on how much time foreigners (of certain nationalities) can spend in Thailand on visa free entries, or on how many times they can enter.

The regulation currently applicable (national police order 778/2551 of 25 Nov. 2008) expressly states that foreigners may enter "multiple times".

Do you know of any specific incidents or checkpoints where foreigners have been refused visa free entry by land, on the ground that in the opinion of the local immigration staff, they come "too often"?

Police order 778/2551 does not state multiple entries are allowed. It just eliminated the 90 days in 180 rule and made border crossings 15 days.

Mae Sai and Mae Sot have been reported as limiting the number of entries to 4.

Police order 778/2551 does not state multiple entries are allowed. It just eliminated the 90 days in 180 rule and made border crossings 15 days.

"Mae Sai and Mae Sot have been reported as limiting the number of entries to 4." -- 4 entries at those checkpoints or 4 entries from anywhere?

And do you know if there's a time frame for this? Or is it that once they see 4 entries in your passport (no matter when they're from, back-to-back or not), they won't let you in the country?

"Mae Sai and Mae Sot have been reported as limiting the number of entries to 4." -- 4 entries at those checkpoints or 4 entries from anywhere?

And do you know if there's a time frame for this? Or is it that once they see 4 entries in your passport (no matter when they're from, back-to-back or not), they won't let you in the country?

It is 4 visa exempt entries back to back at both those crossings. They give a warning on the 4th entry. I can recall a post where a person was only given a 7 day entry because they had gone over the limit.  A visa entry would break the chain.

I solved the problem by getting a new passport my old had a red stamp after 2 years of visa runs. I finally got one again 2 years later. They were also kind enough to provide the reason why they are Red stamping people. It has to do with too many teachers working illegally. Whatever you do don't report your passport stolen that is the stupidest idea ever it puts it on a watch list. The visa companies tend to be very helpful in these situations. I was not even suppose to get a double but I provided bank statements. This time I live in Kburi so its actually cheaper for me to take the 2.5 hour round trip drive once a month and save 5000+ baht over 6 months. I was also told you just travel to another consulate and its not an issue. The red stamp can be random at times I have seen people get them on their first run and people who have spent 5 years here get none. I am not a teacher and I do not work in Thailand only lucky enough to work in IT previously to my 5 year vacation in Thailand.  

Edited by BigRick

I solved the problem by getting a new passport my old had a red stamp after 2 years of visa runs. I finally got one again 2 years later. They were also kind enough to provide the reason why they are Red stamping people. It has to do with too many teachers working illegally. Whatever you do don't report your passport stolen that is the stupidest idea ever it puts it on a watch list. The visa companies tend to be very helpful in these situations. I was not even suppose to get a double but I provided bank statements. This time I live in Kburi so its actually cheaper for me to take the 2.5 hour round trip drive once a month and save 5000+ baht over 6 months. I was also told you just travel to another consulate and its not an issue. The red stamp can be random at times I have seen people get them on their first run and people who have spent 5 years here get none. I am not a teacher and I do not work in Thailand only lucky enough to work in IT previously to my 5 year vacation in Thailand.  

What nationality are you (I'm US) & how did you get a new passport?

You're doing a visa run from Kanchanaburi to Myanmar? Where are you crossing the border? Are you using a company or going on your own?

For a US passport fill out the application form, make an appointment and go to the embassy pay $110.00 and you will get a new passport in about 10 days. Info and form here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/passports.htmlhttp://bangkok.usembassy.gov/passports.html

Actually, what I was trying to get at was the question of, do you need to give a reason why you're applying for a new passport (ie, loss, damage, etc)? Earlier in this thread, people expressed a lot of completely different opinions on this question (ie, just toss your passport in the laundry vs. just tell them you want a passport, no excuse needed), so I'm unclear on how the US embassies here in Thailand really work.

For a US passport fill out the application form, make an appointment and go to the embassy pay $110.00 and you will get a new passport in about 10 days. Info and form here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/passports.htmlhttp://bangkok.usembassy.gov/passports.html

Actually, what I was trying to get at was the question of, do you need to give a reason why you're applying for a new passport (ie, loss, damage, etc)? Earlier in this thread, people expressed a lot of completely different opinions on this question (ie, just toss your passport in the laundry vs. just tell them you want a passport, no excuse needed), so I'm unclear on how the US embassies here in Thailand really work.

There is nothing that says you can't get a new passport early. If they ask just tell them you want it to clear up your visa/entry history. Better to be straight up with.

So, that link didn't work for me, but this one did: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/passports.html

And from there I was able to eventually link to a form DS-82 at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/212241.pdf

Just judging from the form, it looks like you do not need to supply any kind of reason for getting a new passport; and in fact, losing or damaging your passport, or having it stolen, means you have to appear in person to get a new passport, whereas otherwise you can do it by mail.

Just to let everyone know. You do not need an excuse for a new Passport

Just go to the US embassy and apply They are very happy to help.

New passport you will not have any problem getting  tourist visas

Until it has to many and then another 120 or so for a new passport, and then another one and another one. hehehehe

So, that link didn't work for me, but this one did: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/passports.html

And from there I was able to eventually link to a form DS-82 at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/212241.pdf

Just judging from the form, it looks like you do not need to supply any kind of reason for getting a new passport; and in fact, losing or damaging your passport, or having it stolen, means you have to appear in person to get a new passport, whereas otherwise you can do it by mail.

Perhaps a copy and paste error for link.

You cannot mail in your application. You must do it in person at the embassy as per instructions on embassy and department of state websites.

If you click this link it will take you to an online application form. https://pptform.state.gov/?Submit2=Complete+Online+%26+Print

"You cannot mail in your application. You must do it in person at the embassy as per instructions on embassy and department of state websites."

You're right -- I just clicked on the links and missed that the mail-in renewal is only for within the US (maybe Canada too?)  -- http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/renew.html

"U.S. citizens residing abroad (except those living in Canada) should renew their passports at the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate.  For more information on Applying for a U.S. passport from outside the United States, please click here."

to #66 - Gentmartin

"I do visa runs to mainly Cambodia (aranyaprathet) OR anywhere Air Asia has a very cheap ticket to, every month (now the land crossing is 30days its great !) and have done so for 3 years now apart from a couple of short trips back to UK. I have NEVER even had a raised eyebrow. i am NOT dodgy but cant quite meet the financial requirements for staying here on a non O and rather than cheating or fiddling prefer to do it this way."

I'm very interested - I usually have been doing non-imm O (spouse) visas but at present, temporarily, cannot meet the money requirement, so am considering this for a couple of months till I am solvent again. What about the Cambo visa though? At a page (of passport) every month, I assume, you must be getting a new passport often?

Also, is Aranya very busy these days? I heard horrendous stories of queuing for hours.

to #66 - Gentmartin

"I do visa runs to mainly Cambodia (aranyaprathet) OR anywhere Air Asia has a very cheap ticket to, every month (now the land crossing is 30days its great !) and have done so for 3 years now apart from a couple of short trips back to UK. I have NEVER even had a raised eyebrow. i am NOT dodgy but cant quite meet the financial requirements for staying here on a non O and rather than cheating or fiddling prefer to do it this way."

I'm very interested - I usually have been doing non-imm O (spouse) visas but at present, temporarily, cannot meet the money requirement, so am considering this for a couple of months till I am solvent again. What about the Cambo visa though? At a page (of passport) every month, I assume, you must be getting a new passport often?

Also, is Aranya very busy these days? I heard horrendous stories of queuing for hours.

Why don't you make a trip to Savannakhet Laos for your non-o visa. They do not ask for financial proof.

You can get e-visas for Cambodia so there is no need for a full page sticker. See: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

Thanks, I was thinking of that, but right now I am so short of both time and cash that when I saw about Burma I wondered about doing that for 2 or 3 months and then getting a one-year once I've got myself sorted out (it's a cashflow thing). Fascinating that Cambodia has online visas - I would never have credited it!

Re Savannakhet, I saw another post that mentioned the consulate would move in February. Anyone know more about this? One might fear a visit to the opening by BKK bigwgs who might look at the books and order things tightened up.............