Anyone recommend a wi-fi repeater ?

CharlieH

I am looking for a wi-fi repeter to enhance the wi-fi network around the house.

I would like a recommendation from someone who has done this and it actually works !

I have tried two so far and despite claims on the box etc, they didnt actually do a damn thing to increase range or performance, so looking for some recommendations based on actual use please.

• Like 1

i would like to give you the technical details, but I am unable to climb the tiny 40 feet long steel pole we erected, with a WIFI booster mounted at it's top !! Which I hope you believe me when seeing my avatar !

It is boosting the weak WIFI signal from the school in the neighbouring village, which is actually a mile and a half away ! It is connected to my Wifi router and I get a perfect 5 bar strenght signal from it. We had however to go to the Amphurs TOT office to get it up and a permission to link into the public schools WiFi. A TOT appointed technican mounted and configured it.

I don't know which brand the booster is but I think if you ask around in shops and maybe one of the TOT technicans when you spot one at work, they can help

• Like 1

I have configured the TP Link TL-WA850RE at a friend's house

It helps reach the further areas of the house and the garden
It works well

A little fiddly to configure, but if you decide on this path PM
me and I will walk you through it

PS Depending on your main router the WA860 is better if you want the 300Mbs speed
but only if the main wireless router supports it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a D-Link DAP-1360 at IT City in Pattaya to extend my Wi Fi into the bedroom and it did the trick. Works great!

Cost? Ease of setting it up and using? Where is IT city?

Any and all details if you dont mind please?

thanks

It was 1160 baht and as I recall was pretty simple to set up. IT City is on the top floor of TukCom in Pattaya, on the top floor of Pantip Plaza in Bangkok and in Siam Paragon as well.

• Like 1