Protesters in southern provinces to start shutdown on Monday

Lite Beer

@SichonSteven //My wife and I are the school owners and the parents in our school are probably 99% in favour of the PDRC's aspirations as they are intelligent people. Many of them passed by our school as part of the protest and came over to say hello and that they were pleased that we were against the corrupt Shinawatra's who should "org bpais"!!!

I am lucky that I ended up in a sensible place like Nakhonsithammarat rather than in Isaan or the North where the thugs thrive and people are indoctrinated.//

laugh.png Two fails, one claiming only Isaan has indoctrinated people and number two being connecting the word "sensible" with NST. Nakhon Si Thammarat is an old gangster town or city if you wanna call it that, ruled by mobsters in decline. You

do bring some humor into this thread.

People in the South are not indoctrinated at all!!

They think for themselves and understand what the Shinawatra's stand for. They don't need anyone to tell them that.

Admittedly, NST does have the most hit-men of any province in Thailand - the thing is, they are red shirted ex-policeman scum that have been brought up on corruption.

Im not getting into this south and north fallacy because only a fool would think one is smarter than the other but im curious. you talk about indoctrinated yet these police or ex police you call scum are mostly born and raised in NST, so it begs the question if they are so corrupt then where and who do they deal with in NST but the local populous ?

I don't think there is much to shout about indoctrination or corruption. your claims dont make any sense, if they are brought up on corruption there then your basically saying NST is corrupt as thats where they come from, which of course it is like everywhere else.

Also there is the little matter of the south being the most violent and dangerous terrorist supported and active region in Thailand but thats way off topic so ill leave it there.

It doesn't matter where they are born or raised - once they become a policeman their brain shrinks and their mind turns to what schemes they can best use to maximise their income. It is the same all over Thailand.

Think police - think corruption - think red inclinations (same as their mentor Thaksin).

The rest of the people (on the whole) in NST are fine upstanding citizens that are law abiding.

As to the question of most violent and dangerous terrorists I think you have confused the South with the deep South (Malay/Thai insurgency). I can assure you that there are no terrorists in Nakhonฯ. and the gun men are retired police officers that are mercenaries.

Do these protesters give each school a free supply of happy pills? blink.png

Some people don't know when their credibility has been shattered.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@SichonSteven //My wife and I are the school owners and the parents in our school are probably 99% in favour of the PDRC's aspirations as they are intelligent people. Many of them passed by our school as part of the protest and came over to say hello and that they were pleased that we were against the corrupt Shinawatra's who should "org bpais"!!!

I am lucky that I ended up in a sensible place like Nakhonsithammarat rather than in Isaan or the North where the thugs thrive and people are indoctrinated.//

laugh.png Two fails, one claiming only Isaan has indoctrinated people and number two being connecting the word "sensible" with NST. Nakhon Si Thammarat is an old gangster town or city if you wanna call it that, ruled by mobsters in decline. You

do bring some humor into this thread.

People in the South are not indoctrinated at all!!

They think for themselves and understand what the Shinawatra's stand for. They don't need anyone to tell them that.

Admittedly, NST does have the most hit-men of any province in Thailand - the thing is, they are red shirted ex-policeman scum that have been brought up on corruption.

Im not getting into this south and north fallacy because only a fool would think one is smarter than the other but im curious. you talk about indoctrinated yet these police or ex police you call scum are mostly born and raised in NST, so it begs the question if they are so corrupt then where and who do they deal with in NST but the local populous ?

I don't think there is much to shout about indoctrination or corruption. your claims dont make any sense, if they are brought up on corruption there then your basically saying NST is corrupt as thats where they come from, which of course it is like everywhere else.

Also there is the little matter of the south being the most violent and dangerous terrorist supported and active region in Thailand but thats way off topic so ill leave it there.

It doesn't matter where they are born or raised - once they become a policeman their brain shrinks and their mind turns to what schemes they can best use to maximise their income. It is the same all over Thailand.

Think police - think corruption - think red inclinations (same as their mentor Thaksin).

The rest of the people (on the whole) in NST are fine upstanding citizens that are law abiding.

As to the question of most violent and dangerous terrorists I think you have confused the South with the deep South (Malay/Thai insurgency). I can assure you that there are no terrorists in Nakhonฯ. and the gun men are retired police officers that are mercenaries.

If you think that then you dont have a clue about NST i lived there for 4 years laugh.png your far too generalist in your thinking. A very good friend and business owner there pays tea money to the local mafia to assure the smooth running of his factory and tried once to get into the rubber business but was warned it would not be conducive to his health in that area, nothing to do with the police but rather a certain cartel in the area. Corruption is endemic.

As for the terrorists if you persist in your narrow minded demographics of north and south by your own reckoning then you have the terrorists there, south or deep south its still the south. Enjoy

Attacks are also steadily moving up the peninsula so dont count your chickens, your not that far away.

• Like 1

tx22cb, on 19 Jan 2014 - 10:58, said:

Please can the protesters take some loudspeakers away to the South too?

They were blaring away until past 1 am last night.

Yes, this is the problem with some of us.

Only concerned about our little selves and convenience, disregarding the struggle and fight for a better future for the country we live in.

You/Me/Us don't "Live" here. We only "exist" here. And your buddy Suthep is the head of the people who DON'T want us here. He hates farangs.

Just an add... he not only hates Farangs, he hates the majority of Thai and Farangs, who don't want dictatorship , but the followers of this corrupt animal Suthep are all sleeping and dreaming they struggle and fight.

And I think Costas is one of the "some of us" who cause the problem......

Maxme - please don't alter my posts as this is against the forum rules - especially when you are trolling.

laugh.png Nice deflection... but there was no altering. And as for the trolling, well, you did a pretty good job yourself as you haven't really come up with anything credible related to NST or your actions.

Maxme - please don't alter my posts as this is against the forum rules - especially when you are trolling.

laugh.png Nice deflection... but there was no altering. And as for the trolling, well, you did a pretty good job yourself as you haven't really come up with anything credible related to NST or your actions.

Who did the red highlighting then?

Well highlighting text which you have already written is hardly altering, if I had copied and pasted stuff out of context then it would have been altering. Poor attempt to avoid making a rebuttal.

Im curious though, if you tried to coherce the kids back home like you have done in Sichon, wouldn't that count as sedition?

Edited by maxme

Boxclever, on 19 Jan 2014 - 13:21, said:

"Suthep melts down after 2 months of protests"

Must see!!

laugh.png

Brilliant

I agree one of the best takes on this speech and topical too. I wonder if the actor Bruno Ganz, who plays Hitler in the movie or the producers get royalties? However I recommend that those who have not seen the movie "Downfall" from which this speech is taken see it and watch the speech in its true context - a man who has brought his country and many others to ruins as well as killing about 50 million. Its a good example of a country being run by an unelected group without the checks and balances of a democracy.

Of course Thailand is a very long way from Germany in the 1930s and 1940s, but the lessons of history should never be forgotten in any country debating the course of rule and a system of government. The other good lesson from this period are the words of Goebbles, Hitler's propaganda minister - "tell them lies, and the bigger the lie and the more often you tell it the more they will believe it". Still true now.

Well highlighting text which you have already written is hardly altering, if I had copied and pasted stuff out of context then it would have been altering. Poor attempt to avoid making a rebuttal.

Im curious though, if you tried to coherce the kids back home like you have done in Sichon, wouldn't that count as sedition?

So, if I had a black door and you daubed white paint over it that would not be altering it??

I didn't coerce the kids they all rushed out excitedly to wave their flags, blow their whistles, jump up and down and greet their parents in the rally!!! We didn't force them whatsoever - if they were standing there crying and we spanked them if they didn't wave their flags then YES that would be coercion. A bit like the disgusting behaviour yesterday of the PDRC (or whoever it was) in Surat Thani. I may be in favour of the protests, but that is a step too far and I don't condone it in the slightest!!

Protesters in southern provinces to start shutdown on Monday

Oh goody goody! My airport hotel business always does well when the locals decide to screw everything up...... I fondly remember the Yellow Shirts' 'dry-run' in 2009 prior to closing down Swampy when they shut down Phuket Airport - had the best low-season business for years...

Simon

As they say: location, location, location! biggrin.png

Edit to add: Sorry to disturb the ranting about NST, please go on wai.gif .

Edited by longtom