Protesters in southern provinces to start shutdown on Monday

Lite Beer

Protesters in southern provinces to start shutdown on Monday

1-14-2014-9-12-33-PM2-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters in all southern provinces were urged by protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban to shut down all offices of the government in their respective provinces as of Monday.

People’s Democratic Reform Committee secretary-general Suthep told a huge crowd of supporters at Pathumwan protest site Saturday night that members of the PDRC in all provinces must shut down government offices on Monday starting from southern provinces first.

He said that the protesters were not enemy of the police and urged those who disagreed with the planned shutdown to just stay still and not try to block the shutdown.

The former Democrat MP on Saturday donated five million baht from his family’s account to the family of Mr Prakong Chuchan, a protester who was killed by a grenade attack at Banthanthong area on Friday. The PDRC, meanwhile, donated another one million baht to the family.

Suthep on Sunday will lead protesters from a march to Lat Phrao protest site and nearby areas to urge Bangkokians to join the protest against Thaksin regime.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protesters-southern-provinces-start-shutdown-monday/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=protesters-southern-provinces-start-shutdown-monday

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-19

• Like 1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tx22cb - "What have you, Mr Costas, done for the "struggle and fight"? Name a few of your sacrifices. Name a few of your efforts (and posting disparaging messages in forums do not count)."

tx22cb - why are you picking on mr costas? are you a <deleted> …?

I am not picking on Mr Costas. It is self-defence.

Please read my previous post, then it'll be clear.

But in summary, I complained about the noise, and Mr Costas wrote

"Yes, this is the problem with some of us.

Only concerned about our little selves and convenience, disregarding the struggle and fight for a better future for the country we live in."

"The former Democrat MP on Saturday donated five million baht from his family’s account to the family of Mr Prakong Chuchan, a protester who was killed by a grenade attack at Banthanthong area on Friday. The PDRC, meanwhile, donated another one million baht to the family".

Blood money! bah.gif

• Like 1

"He said that the protesters were not enemy of the police and urged those who disagreed with the planned shutdown to just stay still and not try to block the shutdown."

The arrogance of this man is beyond belief! Everybody just roll over and let sutheps sheeple trample all over them. Makes you want to tuzki-bunny-emoticon-043.gif some sense into him.

• Like 2

tx22cb - "What have you, Mr Costas, done for the "struggle and fight"? Name a few of your sacrifices. Name a few of your efforts (and posting disparaging messages in forums do not count)."

tx22cb - why are you picking on mr costas? are you a <deleted> ?

Check out rule 1) of TV

Please can the protesters take some loudspeakers away to the South too?

They were blaring away until past 1 am last night.

Eet (not sure, if I am spelling his name right) a popular Thai singer, was up on the big stage last night, rocking the crowds.

This is really going to hurt Yingluks support in the North East.

What is is showing is the PDRC cannot keep their Southern Supporters in BKK for many reasons. Money and lack of interest so they have come up with a work from home scheme basically.

Let them control the south. Then the rest of the country can see how despotic they are. Will also sort out the small boys from the very small boys then the Students are sent to Pattani to enfoce Sutheps law there.

Meanwhile to prove me right, Suthep is on a series of marches designed mainly to collect money for his failing putch. Support? Kidding me. He thinks there is more support to be garnered in Paholyothin after this being on the news for 80 days now? It's the money.

Yestedays sickening speach was also all about money and bleating that nobody believes him about the suspect bomb.

The donations yesterday are now PDRC money and only to go to the family if the doner specically reqested it. Look like they were just stuffing it into bags again... So... it's Sutheps money.

But at least the money was given freely, to a cause the doners actively support - Suthep!

Unlike the literally billions of baht of hard earned taxpayers money wasted on half arsed policies as exemplified by the last two years of mis-administration by the government. They have even failed their core voters the farmers who have been waiting 6 months nearly or their owed money.

Not that you know much or care about it, but as the Gov is in Cartaker mode they cannot pay. and the overseeing courts are refusing to let them pay.

Not the same thing, but if you want us to believe you can't see this anyoway other than this old chestnut.... thats ok.

The money flow increased because of the rhetoric, but the PDRC only gave 1 million of it back!! caring sharing.

I for one won't comment anymore one that sad fact as the grieving family should not be caught up in this. The lady obviously was in shock and bweilderment as well she might be and to drag her around BKK an on stage was just one more desperate disgusting ploy to add the the PDRC long long list of crimes and self serving actions.

Looking less likely there will be a coup. And its' looking impossible that if there was a coup that they could function at all or work with anybody. NObody will wear it this time. Everything is too transparent and Sutheps and the Cowards that back him are 30 years out of date with their tactics.

Not that you care, or would admit, but this government of white liars could not pay the farmers before the shutdown. Your feeble attempt to defend them is laughable.

• Like 2

tx22cb, on 19 Jan 2014 - 10:58, said:

Yes, this is the problem with some of us.

Only concerned about our little selves and convenience, disregarding the struggle and fight for a better future for the country we live in.

Yea stuff everyone else and their lives as mine is more important. Torture and trample on everyone else for self centred means.

• Like 2

Failing in Bangkok and now wants to upset he southerners by disrupting their lives also!

When his brain really melts he be telling those in the north to shutdown everything as well. He really has become a very dangerous laughing stock.

A few weeks ago he had some credibility, sadly now he blows that away every time he opens his mouth.

• Like 2

They shut down at around 20:00 in the moo baan where I live

Then terrorise the roosters at 04:00

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"The former Democrat MP on Saturday donated five million baht from his family’s account to the family of Mr Prakong Chuchan, a protester who was killed by a grenade attack at Banthanthong area on Friday. The PDRC, meanwhile, donated another one million baht to the family".

Blood money! bah.gif

Whereas the despicable Thaksin stole his from the taxpayers as usual

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app