Protesters in southern provinces to start shutdown on Monday

Lite Beer

Please can the protesters take some loudspeakers away to the South too?

They were blaring away until past 1 am last night.

Very bad suggestion sad.png

We already got enough large PA-systems down here, loud till 2am and 6am.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tx22cb, on 19 Jan 2014 - 10:58, said:

Yes, this is the problem with some of us.

Only concerned about our little selves and convenience, disregarding the struggle and fight for a better future for the country we live in.

You would be posting differently if the violence and noise was in close proximity to you. One can afford to be magnanimous when one isn't the one suffering.

One can afford to be magnanimous when one isn't the one suffering.

Not really magnanimity in that case, but empathy or at least sympathy.

Democracy is a messy process and politics can cause a lot of frustrations. Contrary to what some people believe (apparently those who slept through history classes) it doesn't just mean queuing up sheep-like to cast a ballot. So far I've been spared the noise (at least this time) and would definitely not like it if it were outside my window, but the original comment about "Only concerned about our little selves and convenience" is still a valid one. I don't agree with or disagree with the protesters, but leave it to Thai people to decide what will or will not be tolerated.

If a bunch of foreign residents or tourists became tetchy about some disruptive political process in my country, I'd tell them to not let the door hit them in the butt as they leave.

I remember a few times when sending a message to government didn't wait for election day.

MarchOnWashington-1969_11_15.jpgIMG_3422-Version-2.jpg

6151706914_b842020c32.jpg

To tx22cb,

Dear Sir,

Please, try to understand that my comment was not directed to your good self.

But to many of Thaksin's and Yingluck's supporters ranting on TVF just because their cushy lives have been disturbed, and really

they don't give a rat's arse about politics or concern for this country.

If I offended you, please, accept my apologies.

My Regards

Costas

As a Bubble of course, Costas knows a thing or two about street demos.

• Like 2

Shutdown their own provinces...

Ah ah ah laugh.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well if anyone needs immigration services in the next couple of weeks you may be in trouble.

And Work Permit renewals too. Last year I took it in a few weeks early. " Oh no, bring it back one week before. No sooner " OK It expires the 31st , I was going to get papers and such from DBD and immigration next few days and have it there by 24th- ( or the desk as Big C where they are holed up the last week ) Looks like I'm screwed, and royally.

What will be consequences of work permits, and thus visa expiring due to this mess? Overstay? Arrest? Deportation ? Hanging? Beheading? JHFC!GA !

I really give up on this place.

Assuming you refer to yesterdays death, you are speculating as to who carried out the attack. There is no guarantee at all it was carried out by the reds.

"The former Democrat MP on Saturday donated five million baht from his family’s account to the family of Mr Prakong Chuchan, a protester who was killed by a grenade attack at Banthanthong area on Friday. The PDRC, meanwhile, donated another one million baht to the family".

Blood money! bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif width=19 alt=bah.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4274630315>

Blood spilt by red zealots as they killed an innocent unarmed protester - shows the difference between kind and caring Suthep and arrogant Thaksin who thinks he is Mr Thailand!!!!

Only concerned about our little selves and convenience, disregarding the struggle and fight for a better future for the country we live in.

Protesting through loud speakers until 1am is hardly getting anybodies positive attention,

nor can it be driving any points; other than they have no respect for anyone that's not in their cause,

or for their dreams.

Protesting doesn't have to disrupt everything & everybody,

yet in Thailand they think it does.

The people aren't given a choice as much to listen & think,

as they are forced to follow, or be outcasted...

Then there's always the question as to what is better?

But hopefully you noticed, I saved that issue till last.

For it's not for you nor I to decide,

but for the majority....and of course that's Thai.

So when someone makes a wish...

it shouldn't be for us to decide if it's about "Only concerned about our little selves and convenience, disregarding the struggle and fight for a better future for the country we live in"

but rather a wish to see mutual respect in the land we've adopted,

and have to dodge through to stay in.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ah ah ah laugh.png

Well if anyone needs immigration services in the next couple of weeks you may be in trouble.

And Work Permit renewals too. Last year I took it in a few weeks early. " Oh no, bring it back one week before. No sooner " OK It expires the 31st , I was going to get papers and such from DBD and immigration next few days and have it there by 24th- ( or the desk as Big C where they are holed up the last week ) Looks like I'm screwed, and royally.

What will be consequences of work permits, and thus visa expiring due to this mess? Overstay? Arrest? Deportation ? Hanging? Beheading? JHFC!GA !

Just think!!!

If Thaksin Shinawatra's parents hadn't been born then none of this would be happening!! There, you know where the blame lies now.

You think rejecting democracy will improve things for the country?

To tx22cb,

Dear Sir,

But to many of Thaksin's and Yingluck's supporters ranting on TVF just because their cushy lives have been disturbed, and really

My Regards

Costas

That's fine - I appreciate your apology.

I was defending my children's health.

Sorry for any misunderstanding - I suspect English is not your mother tongue.

Rgds

I am western, but my wife is Thai, my kids are Thai, and we live with my Thai mother-in-law. Tomorrow the kids will go to school and the adults will work and we will do our best to contribute to our community while supporting ourselves.

We had to avoid the red protesters in 2010, and we have to avoid the protesters now. We have become quite skilled at getting on with our lives living here inThailand.

Not at all!!

But embracing it ( as the PDRC is doing) will.

Do they have wealthy backers in the south? someone who could pay for the protesters? They could always ask Raluek Leekpai to kick in a few Baht ( remember Chuan leekpai's brother ...charged with stealing 125,000,000 from Thai Farmer Bank,,,but fled to Taiwan until the Staute of Limitations expired). Worth a try.

• Like 1

Not at all!!

But embracing it ( as the PDRC is doing) will.

That is sarcasm, isn't it?

Ah ah ah laugh.png

Do not give up !

There is nothing wrong with this place.

The problem lies with the yellow protesters who constantly want to overthrow elected governments.

Reason why the country really needs to get rid of them once and for all -_-

• Like 1

Yes they are protesting within the law, meaning not blocking traffic, causing shut down of govt services or threatening to kidnap anyone. What Suthep and his mob are doing is not legal in any way. It's the same thing as a bunch of taxi drivers blocking off a resort so people can't pick up their friends- or the Reds shutting down an airport or two. it's extortion through intimidation based on sheer thuggery and when will the police start enforcing the law? Oh wait.. never mind

You would be posting differently if the violence and noise was in close proximity to you. One can afford to be magnanimous when one isn't the one suffering.

One can afford to be magnanimous when one isn't the one suffering.

Not really magnanimity in that case, but empathy or at least sympathy.

Democracy is a messy process and politics can cause a lot of frustrations. Contrary to what some people believe (apparently those who slept through history classes) it doesn't just mean queuing up sheep-like to cast a ballot. So far I've been spared the noise (at least this time) and would definitely not like it if it were outside my window, but the original comment about "Only concerned about our little selves and convenience" is still a valid one. I don't agree with or disagree with the protesters, but leave it to Thai people to decide what will or will not be tolerated.

If a bunch of foreign residents or tourists became tetchy about some disruptive political process in my country, I'd tell them to not let the door hit them in the butt as they leave.

I remember a few times when sending a message to government didn't wait for election day.

MarchOnWashington-1969_11_15.jpgIMG_3422-Version-2.jpg

6151706914_b842020c32.jpg

Ah ah ah laugh.png

Do not give up !

There is nothing wrong with this place.

The problem lies with the yellow protesters who constantly want to overthrow elected governments.

Reason why the country really needs to get rid of them once and for all sleep.png

Bravo

Many thais are also coming to this conclusion.

Look at some of the Opinion writers. Some newspapers have changed so much in 3 weeks and fresh articles attack the elites on a daily basis. It is they who empower people like Suthep to go out and cause mayhem in their name, whilst they hide behind lawyers and a corrupt justice system that protects them from being called to account.

Looks like one side at least is going to lose fortune over this, and the side left with the money, should shake in it's boots.... as it could be next. Whichever why round it happens.

It feels like the talk of reform is taking on a life of its own and many are wanting reform to start the people who back and lead these factions. The cowards that hide, finance and plead and beg at the Army constantly to stage coups.

Change is in the air and I have a feeling it could extend to sections of thai Society that really did not want it to go quite that far.

Lets hope some new generation leaders can rid us of this perpetual clambouring at the top to steal the money.

• Like 1

You have omitted some key details from your post. I think it should read:

Only concerned about our little selves and convenience, disregarding the struggle of the old bunch of crooks over the new bunch of crooks and fight for a better future for them in the country we live in.

There. That's better. Now, presumably, you can continue to make sacrifices for those who don't give a rat's arse what you say, what you do or whether you even live here at all.

*** THREAD WINNER ***

• Like 1

No!! it is not sarcasm in any form, why do you ask??

Tell me, is not attempting to stamp out corruption and illegal practices leading us in the direction of democracy?

The PDRC are not seeking power they are simply intent on improving the election system so that populist policies (that harm the nation) are eliminated plus, in preventing illegal bills that diminish democracy from being put on the statute book.

Is eliminating checks and balances good democracy? or introducing an amnesty to benefit one fugitive democratic?

Not looking so ludicrous now, is it?

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

Eet (not sure, if I am spelling his name right) a popular Thai singer, was up on the big stage last night, rocking the crowds.

Must have cost a few Baht. Cue another fund raising march?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Southern Bombers from Yala are coming to battlefield Bangkok,... then good night to heaven and hell for the Bangkok-people.

Once you let those Yala-bombers in the city, they're not simply gonna go away. Thank you Suthep for making Bangkok unsafer from sudden bomb attackers for innocent bystanders

• Like 1

Out of curiosity...who is this man? I mean, what is his real interest in this protest? What does he and/or his family gain from it? Sorry to sound cynical but I just do not feel that he is doing all this out of some heartfelt love of democracy and that its all for the people of Thailand. Does anyone have a background on this guy (and his mates)? His professional background, family business etc. Just curious.

Out of curiosity...who is this man? I mean, what is his real interest in this protest? What does he and/or his family gain from it? Sorry to sound cynical but I just do not feel that he is doing all this out of some heartfelt love of democracy and that its all for the people of Thailand. Does anyone have a background on this guy (and his mates)? His professional background, family business etc. Just curious.

His background is as dark as his skin.

What he wants is power.

-_-

• Like 1

A better future? With the xenophobic, lunatic "Fuehrer" Suthep and his fascist army backers in charge? - I would say the future looks rather bleak!

millwall_fan, on 19 Jan 2014 - 15:48, said:
Costas2008, on 19 Jan 2014 - 14:11, said:

To tx22cb,

Dear Sir,

My Regards

Costas

As a Bubble of course, Costas knows a thing or two about street demos.

As a "Bubble & Squeak", of course, Costas knows a lot about demos.

Costas has been politically active all his life and taken part in many street demos in the past.

Unfortunately now he can only shout on TVF.smile.png

• Like 1

A person not born and raised as a Thai cannot grasp the cultural mindset of a Thai. In a Bangkok Post opinion column it is clearly stated that Thailand is still strongly tied to the feudal system of life - and those in the upper tiers are not going to relinquish these 19th Century perks without a fight.

Bringing the capitol of a major Asian city to a standstill, and by force and intimidation closing government offices by force? Unbelievable! In my country this little game would have lasted one day at the most, and the inciters would be in prison awaiting trial. Sad ... so sad for the innocent Thai people that are not part of this assault on the dignity of the Kingdom.

The most misleading headline so far today! "Protesters in southern provinces to start shutdown on Monday" and all it is that the mad one is "urging" protesters to shut down government as of Monday... He's saying that on Sunday? should be intyeresting, well organised and chaos (if people heed his protestations for a call to arms)