CTH product, service and support how good is it?

lemel

I know lots of people have had CTH installed for the football, but I would like to know are people happy with it, are you getting the support and service from the company? are there other benefits from CTH, i.e. more choice, newer movies or programs? I have Sophon at the moment (load of crap on there), so looking at trading out, already have True platinum package but miss the football but is it worth having??? If your not interested in football then I undersand probably not but I want the opinion of those who do.

Service is great, so far free!! 6 months in and still no bill.

Joking aside, not impressed personally. Only watch football and everything else is better (IMHO ) on True. Hoping they will get it back at first opportunity and we can go back to one dish.

I have it just for the football and quite frankly am considering cancelling. Nothing wrong with the football content in itself, but so many matches are so late at night now and I am only interested in watching my own team not football in general. The aggravation with the accounting department, if they've actually got one, makes it more trouble than it's worth. Changnaam's comment says it all. I am actually getting a bill but usually after payment is already overdue, not that I have any idea when the payment date is as it seems to change every month. Additionally the bills I receive show that I still owe them money for the equipment deposit of 1800 baht which was paid on the installation date.

In short, they haven't got a clue and don't get me started about my numerous attempts to sort things out on the telephone!!

I have it just for the football and quite frankly am considering cancelling. Nothing wrong with the football content in itself, but so many matches are so late at night now and I am only interested in watching my own team not football in general. The aggravation with the accounting department, if they've actually got one, makes it more trouble than it's worth. Changnaam's comment says it all. I am actually getting a bill but usually after payment is already overdue, not that I have any idea when the payment date is as it seems to change every month. Additionally the bills I receive show that I still owe them money for the equipment deposit of 1800 baht which was paid on the installation date.

In short, they haven't got a clue and don't get me started about my numerous attempts to sort things out on the telephone!!

Sounds like the accounts dept. is a mirror of True.

Thanks for the response, had a feeling it was going to be bleak news, have to agree with you about the late games but some of the bigger games or ealry starts are ok for me. Sophon is crap but its reliable crap. Seems like its not worth the hassle, can always go to the local pub to watch. thanks guys

OP: if you have AIS, then an alternative to installing CTH is getting the EPL games live on your phone or TAB. The App cost around 300 baht per month.

Also all Premiership games are broadcast live on Talk Sport Radio with the appropriate Tune In App which is free.

<deleted> Mate, it's not CTH's fault regarding the times of the games! Maybe you could have a quiet word with the FA (inconsiderate Bas****s)!!!!

As far as the service is concerned, I've only needed to contact them once, very helpful, good English too.

Picture quality is far better than UBC ever was.

I have Sophon too, and between them I can't see a reason to complain.

Their billing is rather lax, but I'm not paying anymore than I subscribed to, so no complaints.

The content on CTH as a whole is pretty poor personally,but then again I like most only have it for the football,which after a few months now is up and running at full speed.

The introduction of the additional Stadium channel 7 with all the Premier league highlights and re runs was needed and is what has made things far better than the early days.

Picture quality like some have mentioned is better than True IMO.

Sky news HD is a big bonus as well,because BBC bore on True is just that.

I've always had my bill on time and never had to deal with them over the phone so can not comment on that aspect.

The bottom line for me is that for just shy of £20 quid a month I have full EPL coverage in HD,a bargain if you ask me,if the price was similar to True I would have to reconsider.

Edited by stoneyboy
  • Like 1

<deleted> Mate, it's not CTH's fault regarding the times of the games! Maybe you could have a quiet word with the FA (inconsiderate Bas****s)!!!!

As far as the service is concerned, I've only needed to contact them once, very helpful, good English too.

Their billing is rather lax, but I'm not paying anymore than I subscribed to, so no complaints.

I think you missed my point and really no need for the abbreviated bad language. I'm not blaming CTH for showing the matches late at night, curiously I am actually aware of the time difference, but as more and more games seem to be scheduled midweek and my team often getting the 4 or 5 o'clock UK times to suit TV schedules I am finding that I watch less games thus making the monthly aggravation of trying to get a corrected bill out of CTH to watch maybe 2 matches a month really not worth the effort.

I think you missed my point and really no need for the abbreviated bad language. I'm not blaming CTH for showing the matches late at night, curiously I am actually aware of the time difference, but as more and more games seem to be scheduled midweek and my team often getting the 4 or 5 o'clock UK times to suit TV schedules I am finding that I watch less games thus making the monthly aggravation of trying to get a corrected bill out of CTH to watch maybe 2 matches a month really not worth the effort.

You should put him across your knee with that language...

• Like 1

OP: if you have AIS, then an alternative to installing CTH is getting the EPL games live on your phone or TAB. The App cost around 300 baht per month.

Also all Premiership games are broadcast live on Talk Sport Radio with the appropriate Tune In App which is free.

How viable are the feeds from AIS please, do they have a schedule ?

How viable are the feeds from AIS please, do they have a schedule ?

Well in my experience the feeds are acceptably ok. As to schedule: look at the premiership fixtures, usually all matches are shown live. Can always try it for a month and if you not like it, cancel it. Its paid via the 12Call top up.

Which beats having anything to do with CTH as AIS is quite efficient.

Edited by R123

CTH English Premier League football is great for HD quality, but replays are harder to locate and watch (poor programme guides and repeats are less frequent than under the True rights holding).

It's common for TV members to say that CTH has nothing else worth watching. Sure there is lots of cr@p (particularly if you loathe US programming styles) but I often find something of interest I would not find on True. Here's a mini run-down on non English Premier League programming content in English language on CTH:

Fox Action Movies - typically 10 year old Hollywood movies - Dante's Peak showing (for the 1000th time) as I write!

FX HD - mostly US drama series, eg In Plain Sight, Dirt, Magic City, Scoundrels, Bullet in the Face, Spooks. Some (not many) are worthwhile IMO

Star World HD - mostly US reality shows & sitcoms eg Masterchef, Americas Top Model, How I Met Your Mother. Garbage mostly

Fox Crime HD - US crime series - eg Cops, CSI, Jo, Law & Order. I imagine it's OK if you like that genre

Cinema - Family/kids/comedy movies from around the world dubbed into Thai. Sometimes they are shown with English language too. Mostly old stuff

Flash - typically 10 to 20 year old Western movies of many genres

Thrill - mainstream Hollywood and Asian scary and suspense movies and rubbish series about scary (not really) stuff

Universal - More US series - Grimm, House, Flashpoint, Law & Order

Syfy - Disaster and scary Western movies (mostly old and older B movies)

Sony Entertainment - Cheap cr@p US reality series - dating cooking dining etc

Fox Sport Plus HD - scrappy bits of second tier sports, tennis and golf. Usual annoying US content/presentation style whereby you see actual programming content only half the time and the rest is promoting what's coming up.

Fox Sports - same content as Fox Sport Plus HD - often identical programming

Star Sports - bits of everything major (except top flight football and top flight US sport). Mostly not live. (Also on True Gold/Platinum)

Fox Sports News - Todays sport news with a US bias on a continuous loop. Fine in theory, but it repeats very quickly - every 5 minutes; waste of space!

Fight Sports HD - fight sports; mostly boxing and muay thai

3 Nat Geo channels - Adventure, Animals and Music. Occasionally something interesting to watch but agian that irritating US habit of only 50% content (similar or identical Nat Geo channels on True Visions)

Sky News HD - most Brits prefer this more UK parochial version of British and international news and dislike BBC World as being too hi-brow. I marginally prefer BBC World (!) but both have their place

Fox News - appalling rabid US Tea Party propoganda. Gawp in amazement!

NHK World - Japanese magazine programme including news and culture in English language

Australia Network - Australia's mainstream TV channel including darma, soaps, News and Sport

France 24 - French world news channel. Programmes often in English language

Channel News Asia - Asian news in English plus worldwide news and some Asian current affairs/business

Clearly it depends what floats your boat. Personally I have Sky News HD, Fox Action Movies HD, FX HD, Flash, Nat Geo Music, Australia Network and Channel News Asia on my 'Favourites'. I particularly welcome a more detailed look at regional Asian news (including Thai) and current affairs as provided by Channel News Asia. I toggle through the other channels on my 'Favourites' if I'm in a non-footy TV watching mood

PS - there's probably a Cartoon channel or two that I've missed out here.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Brilliant. Would not be without it for the HD footy on 7 channels + other sports. I also watch some movies and news. + some cartoons for the little one. Worth every baht and far superior to True IMHO

'far superior to true'?

Shocking comment to make.

This is also the ONLY cable operator I know that doesn't have either Bloomberg or CNBC. And only ONE proper movie channel, and that is ONLY action films. Where is the Australian Open? Where is BBC world? CNN? HBO? They should all be givens.

They don't even have a tv guide? I mean, come on, what's that all about? How do you know what's coming on?

The football of course is very good, but where are the repeat schedules? How hard is that to organise? No Champions League, no football from any other countries.

It's pathetic. The only saving grace for me is that I have never received a bill from the clowns laugh.png

Brilliant. Would not be without it for the HD footy on 7 channels + other sports. I also watch some movies and news. + some cartoons for the little one. Worth every baht and far superior to True IMHO

'far superior to true'?

Shocking comment to make.

So why is it you still have CTH, and haven't cancelled and gone back to True? Oh yes, that's right, True screwed up their Premiership rights bid and made no effort to find a solution for all their subscribers.

The fact that True doesn't show Premiership football and CTH does, means that for anyone who wants to watch it, CTH is indeed far superior. Nothing shocking about that.

• Like 1

Shocking comment? Pat Pat yer avin a larf ain't you. Lol. I feel sorry you can't find what you need, so I'll give you a helping hand Try the CTH FB page ... All the premiership reruns are posted there on a daily basis. LIKE them and they will send the reruns direct to your feed. I hate to ask which team you support?

post-63176-0-09675100-1390282528_thumb.j

It really is very simple..if you like your football then you should have it, need it,even.....if you don't, then there is absolutely no point as the rest of it is JUNK, except for SKY news.

As for complaining about the KO times...!

You really are slow on the uptake aren't you. No-one is complaining about the kick off times just saying they don't suit my lifestyle. The billing system is a shambles and for the sake of watching a couple of games a month it's not really worth the aggravation. Looks like I'll be trying to cancel, that'll be a challenge I'm sure! How do you get your deposit back when the company insist you haven't paid one in the first place??facepalm.gif

• Like 1

It really is very simple..if you like your football then you should have it, need it,even.....if you don't, then there is absolutely no point as the rest of it is JUNK, except for SKY news.

As for complaining about the KO times...!

You really are slow on the uptake aren't you. No-one is complaining about the kick off times just saying they don't suit my lifestyle. The billing system is a shambles and for the sake of watching a couple of games a month it's not really worth the aggravation. Looks like I'll be trying to cancel, that'll be a challenge I'm sure! How do you get your deposit back when the company insist you haven't paid one in the first place??facepalm.gif

Look above, 2 posters think this rubbish is the best thing since sliced bread.

Say what you will, but talking about the KO times as a reason not to have it is absurd. We all know what the KO times are so why even bring that up? Why ask if it's worhwhile in the first place if it isn't suited to your 'lifestyle'

Shocking comment? Pat Pat yer avin a larf ain't you. Lol. I feel sorry you can't find what you need, so I'll give you a helping hand Try the CTH FB page ... All the premiership reruns are posted there on a daily basis. LIKE them and they will send the reruns direct to your feed. I hate to ask which team you support?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hahaha. You have to go to Facebook to find out the schedule, that's just fantastic, and why do you assume that everyone is on Facebook? So they can't even put a a schedule up on the tv and you still refuse to critisize them? Are you a shareholder?

• Like 1

Look above, 2 posters think this rubbish is the best thing since sliced bread.

Accusing anyone here of claiming that CTH is the best thing since sliced bread, would be like someone claiming that you think that True is the best thing since sliced bread. Try not painting things in such extreme black and white terms. CTH is clearly not the best thing since sliced bread, but CTH has Premiership football, and True does not. CTH has the "product" people here want, True does not. That means there is no contest about which service is better for them... clue: it's the one that actually offers a Premiership service, as opposed to the one that doesn't.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hahaha. You have to go to Facebook to find out the schedule, that's just fantastic, and why do you assume that everyone is on Facebook? So they can't even put a a schedule up on the tv and you still refuse to critisize them? Are you a shareholder?

The reason I replied to you is because it is all so so shocking. I am shocked Pat. Tell me do you have a black and white cat?

Got mine yesterday for tonight's merseyside derby really but was pleasantly surprised how much other good stuff is on there including sky news ans national geographic, fox sport and decent movies. Kids channels too in English which is good for my girls. I think you will be pleased with it. 6 football channels so I'm guessing on a Saturday afternoon there is a choice of matches.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand