Bass vibrations driving me insane

jji23

In a condo where I used to live I noticed similar noise as you described, a deep humming, which was best to detect when putting your ear on the wall. Initially I thought the same as you, assuming it was some music/ subwoofer sound coming from the neighbor's apartment. Only that the flats next to us were both empty. After a while I realised that the sounds originated from another floor. It turned out to be a washing machine which caused the vibrations and ensuing enervating noise, causing the walls to resonate and so spreading throughout the building.

I'm with the Thais on this, farang are just too sensitive to noise, and definitely uptight about this issue.

In this country, peace and quiet is not a right. If you want it you need to RENT a place where it's quiet, and be prepared to move when (not if) a neighbor starts bothering you with loud noise.

It's just part of Thainess, and if that really bothers you so much you should perhaps consider living in a country that gives a shit about this issue.

• Like 1

In a condo where I used to live I noticed similar noise as you described, a deep humming, which was best to detect when putting your ear on the wall. Initially I thought the same as you, assuming it was some music/ subwoofer sound coming from the neighbor's apartment. Only that the flats next to us were both empty. After a while I realised that the sounds originated from another floor. It turned out to be a washing machine which caused the vibrations and ensuing enervating noise, causing the walls to resonate and so spreading throughout the building.

I have similar deep humming noise problems, the cause is the upstairs and downstairs residents having a wall fan switched on.. usually all night as many SE asians are uncomfortable with silence.. even last night when it was 13 DegC !

If the wall fans are old and worn the bearings will cause this annoying relentless noise and it vibrates through walls and floors. New fans being fitted should resolve it or lessen the noise to tolerable.

I totally understand and we had a similar problem with the neighbours playing their music very loudly, so one day I had the brilliant idea of blasting my boom boom box back at them and it worked perfectly-they immediately got the message and turned the music down and now they do keep the volume down and we are all happy..

Yes, my drunken neighbor got a 'earful' of what a Marrantz 4 channel, 800 watt Amp and four Kenwood 888's sound like when turned toward his house - at 0700hrs on a Sunday morning after his all night drinking, when he refused to lower the volume on his stereo............the neighbors all gave me the thumbs up........as it cured him for a long time, neither of us ever had to do it again.

It does seem that the neighbour is very cooperative, and has turned his sound down.

Perhaps ask for his help to track the source of the noise. Is it below him? Off to the side? If he's helpful, when you hear the noise, he can turn his stereo off and you'll know it that's the source. If it's not, then it becomes a challenge for you to work together to find where it's coming from.