Suthep leads protesters on march along Lat Phrao Rd

Lite Beer

As Suthep and the supporters of the PDRC become the only ones - in lieu of the conspicuous absence of the administration and the police - to honour the death of the taxi driver, he - and his supporters - continue to show a great deal of bravery in the light of what is now very clear danger. After all, they are armed with whistles, cheers, and bicycles. They are not armed with grenades, nor do they have the power of the police to deflect from a true investigation, and to press their own narrative. They are only armed with the power of their convictions. For those who so quickly criticize this reform movement, these people are peacefully walking down the street, hand in hand. Direct your scorn to those who would throw bombs on them, to those who in their vested power do everything to discourage true investigations into these attacks, and do everything in their power to stamp on the right to free and peaceful expression in a free and open society.

In view of the latest news linking an ex-Dem MP and his aide with this grenade attack, I find the sight of Suthep crying crocodile tears over the body rather nauseating.

By the way, I love your flowery posts - a true drama queen in the making.wink.png

Yes, and that picture of Suthep clutching the child of the dead taxi driver which was on display online at another Bangkok newspaper of record was beyond nauseating, completely opportunistic and under the circumstances highly suspicious as someone with something to hide. But there seems to be no end to the excuse making and wandering in magical thinking his western sycophants will rise to. There are a number of them around all angling to support their impoverished for facts points of view but this one would be Exhibit A in creative writing.

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finally figured it out as to why this idiot is doing all that marching. he is collecting millions of baht from people who are too stupid to relize what he is really doing.

Would Chuan Lekpai or Surin Pitsuwan would have led the Bangkok shutdown I would have sympathize somehow with them because they are very much clean during their years in politics but with Suthep who is known and feared as the godfather of Surat Thani and who has always fxxxxd up when in government with the Democrat Party, this guy is totally rubbish and fake.

Edited by MobileContent
  • Like 2

I finally figured it out as to why this idiot is doing all that marching. he is collecting millions of baht from people who are too stupid to relize what he is really doing.

Would Chuan Lekpai or Surin Pitsuwan would have led the Bangkok shutdown I would have sympathize somehow with them because they are very much clean during their years in politics but with Suthep who is known and feared as the godfather of Surat Thani and who has always fxxxxd up when in government with the Democrat Party, this guy is totally rubbish and fake.

These posts are what will help nail him.

Thais will not flock to him if then think he is running out of money. Money is power and to be so desperately collecting for the past 6 days highlights this.

Backers will be having second thoughts. they might be senile old fascist who'se time was 30 years ago and want to get back at the trough. But they don't want to end up as stoney broke senile of fascists. They may decide to keep some money for another Coup at a later date when they can find somebody less stir crazy than Suthep to lead it for them. They won't want to be spending it all now when they can see less than 100 people at Asoke like today. Some rich white thais were really looking glum today as they surveyed the 6,000,000 :)

His southern base has become too expensive to keep in bangkok so they have the "Work From Home" scheme starting tomorrow that will basically just be pooing in their own back yard,,,, nay underpants. Won't matter a jot to the Government.

So,,,,, spread the word that Suthep is running out of cash and his mob wil disperse quicker than you can shout Thaksin.

Edited by pipkins
  • Like 1

These people are peacefully walking down the street, hand in hand? You only look at the obvious. They are trying to mislead more people to force people to stop work and join their protest. They are trying to provoke a violence situation. So far they have not been successful.

These people are peacefully walking down the street, hand in hand? You only look at the obvious. They are trying to mislead more people to force people to stop work and join their protest. They are trying to provoke a violence situation. So far they have not been successful.

I saw Suthep's walk a few days ago. He has only few followers with him, maybe 1000 people. It is a one-man-show to collect money. Many bystanders applaud him though and take photos. He may even be able to win an election in Bangkok - but not nation wide.

Praying the police finally arrest this posing demagogue and criminial (edited) and put him behind bars where he belongs. Get out of Lad Phrao and take your anti-democratic thugs with you.

How utterly ridiculous are you? Thailand IS at fault for firstly assuming Taksin would quietly slink away and cause no more problems , secondly you're mixing 'posing demagogues' with one actually fighting within this country and the other via DUBAI on Skype huh.png

I saw Suthep's walk a few days ago. He has only few followers with him, maybe 1000 people. It is a one-man-show to collect money. Many bystanders applaud him though and take photos. He may even be able to win an election in Bangkok - but not nation wide.

Your insinuating Suthep collecting money to fill his own coffers is as idiotic as your misunderstanding Suthep's primary motive is being elected, for anything. He has been/is merely a catalyst for change. You have to admit, he is pretty good at bringing issues re all that is wrong with the way this country operates (corruption/nepotism) has been pretty effective so far. Nah? huh.png

• Like 1

To win an election for himself is not enough for him. He want a government or a power of control that will sweep all his crimes under the carpet or whitewashed.

The dwindling number is in fact a very dangerous situation if the rule of law is not functioning. You don't need a thousand people to create violence situation at various protest sites.

When that also failed, judging from his previous behaviour and that of other protest leaders, the violence will move to crowded places. Though doing so will run the risk of losing popularity, this has always been NOT his concern. He concerned more of the many criminal cases (not the murder case) hanging over his head and that of his families members.

Your insinuating Suthep collecting money to fill his own coffers is as idiotic as your misunderstanding Suthep's primary motive is being elected, for anything. He has been/is merely a catalyst for change. You have to admit, he is pretty good at bringing issues re all that is wrong with the way this country operates (corruption/nepotism) has been pretty effective so far. Nah? huh.png

Bringing out issues is as easy as smearing, distorting and twisting and telling lie. To address, articulate and persuade people to support the reason and purpose for the issue is not what everyone is able to do.

Edited by icommunity

Actually the ones giving the money understand the truth of the situation and they would like the country to be less corrupt and free of the fugitive and his brown nosing cronies, they are doing their bit to help contribute to the cause. Some of the protestors are my good friends, calling them idiots and stupid is clearly flaming, and it seems you are clearly the stupid idiot who can't see past the red propaganda and understand what is really happening...

He may not be the idiot you make him out to be. He may well save the money to pay some farmers backrolleyes.gif but he did pay a lot of money out for persons killed and injured during this campaign. A few more baht than the PM. whose government caused this mess.

Haven't seen anything about those payouts to victims. Do you have any link to that?? Or is it only words from S.

Reported today, if it wasn't this topic it was another one. came from press release I believe and was in the millions I think.

I have no proof but I heard the PDRC have paid 1 million baht to the families of each person killed in the protests including the policeman at Din Dang - could you imaging PT paying out compensation so fast and especially to the other side ?!

• Like 1

As Suthep and the supporters of the PDRC become the only ones - in lieu of the conspicuous absence of the administration and the police - to honour the death of the taxi driver, he - and his supporters - continue to show a great deal of bravery in the light of what is now very clear danger. After all, they are armed with whistles, cheers, and bicycles. They are not armed with grenades, nor do they have the power of the police to deflect from a true investigation, and to press their own narrative. They are only armed with the power of their convictions. For those who so quickly criticize this reform movement, these people are peacefully walking down the street, hand in hand. Direct your scorn to those who would throw bombs on them, to those who in their vested power do everything to discourage true investigations into these attacks, and do everything in their power to stamp on the right to free and peaceful expression in a free and open society.

Can someone please remind me again as to which group would benefit the most from an increase in violence, thank you.

Hope the good people have plenty of money to give Suthep. He just anouced victory before Feb 2nd.

wasn't it supposed to be last November, december and more recently Jan 14th he promised. His stars fortold it and he had "assurances" Never mind anohter 140 million baht is all it takes to feed his ego. well worth the price.

Just keep watching tomorrow for the ratio of money collecting to substantive speeches or ideas!!!! Nite

Might be longer... Will they cancel it or postpone it.... Will he have the money to see it through this time. Still no sign of the army. But I did notice the pics of one of Sutheps guards on Thaipbs next to the pic of the bomber today.

Edited by pipkins
  • Like 1

Sorry, but no, don't think so, definitely no. !!!!

Not in the slightest bit effective so far, merely disruptive.

• Like 1