Second grenade attack rocks Bangkok

webfact

Iran, Iraq, Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Korea, Philippine

=> Asian style politics.

Why not Thailand? rolleyes.gif What is so special about it? giggle.gif

What is actually expected here? Shooting at each other. throwing grenades, occupying airports, paralyzing capital, etc.

And all this in broad daylight. Openly planned and executed. No Law, no order.

Too much talk of Justice, Democracy, Politics. But in reality - none of these. Just brutality, greed and banditism for centuries.

Coup, please... It's high time for it ... For better or for worse the Army will have to save the people from themselves... coffee1.gif

Edited by ABCer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

look at the way he throws !

It's a lady boy !

As expected,those are the most dangerous!

Any one with a little bit of military background know that this is the way to throw a hand grenade. You swing your arm from the back of your neck forwards. How else can you trow when standing in a manhole. This guy is for sure military or ex-military.

Bugger me....I missed the man hole.

Coup, please... It's high time for it ... For better or for worse the Army will have to save the people from themselves... coffee1.gif

Yes I am sure with a coup it will be so much more peaceful.

Perhaps we need a chicken coop.

He cannot be a red shirt he is to well dressed !!!!!

Really? I know "poor slave" red shirts in Chiang Mai that drive benzes and brand new Hummers.... You know, the "masses" against the "elite"..... clap2.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

Absolutely. And they are led by one of the richest families in Thailand. And then a lot of their leaders are also quite rich. This elite nonsense is just that ..... nonsense.

Could you tell me who wanted to kill 25.000 corruption cases and whose movement stopped that...

Could you tell me of what cases of corruption Suthep has been convicted and the real leader of the PTP (Taksins thinks PTP does) ?

After carefully answering this i would not call it irony.

I support Suthep too because I am against corruption.

If he get in power (not his intention) and is proven to be corrupt he must go like any other corrupt official. At the moment we got a government that is incompetent and utterly corrupt.. fake G2G deals.. wanting to kill 26.0000 corruption cases.. having MP's lying in court about voting and proven to ly but no action is taken.

Seems like any change is a good change.. then IF Suthep does the same thing kick him out and rinse and repeat till we get someone who is not corrupt however long it may take. Just giving up and allowing it is insanity.

Mr blok, while I agree with this ...

Seems like any change is a good change

I'm sure many, just like me, aren't nearly as passionate about this as you are. While I agree with your point that we need a change, do you really think that another party in power won't be any different from the Shins???

Maybe a little defeatist as you may say but I really can't see the situation here changing, not in our life times anyway.

I, just like many other foreigners here are bored and sick of them all, that's why I just won't even consider who's right and who's wrong and would advise other expats to do the same and keep out of the politics (supporting them anyhow).

Sure we all have opinions and the Shins do need to be firmly put in their place and ejected from politics but are we really that naive, sorry mistaken that by supporting others that promise so much, is gonna change/reform Thai politics? I can't see it. They're as bad as each other.

Mr havent been called that for a long time but you make a valid point.

I think that if the other power that is in power will be kicked out too then int he end you will get better people in power. I also believe that there should be much harsher anti corruption laws. I like the no statue of limitation on corruption (now as long as they are MP they cant be convicted).

You give up.. I don't because giving up would suggest change is impossible. I can't believe that. Or I just don't want to believe that. I saw that Abisith was good but even he had crooks in his government (coalition with Newin) There are far to few good politicians but give them a chance and get some good laws in place and things will slowly change.

I would not even mind a red government as long as the checks and balances are there. change will come slowly. But this government has shown it wants to take steps back.. removing checks and balances wanting family member to be eligible for the senate (real dangerous). Wanting to drop 25.000 cases of corruption. Now they have made fake G2G documents for the rice scam.

This all together just means they have to go .. new laws in place (and I dont mean laws that give the reds less chance to win an election) but new laws to combat corruption with more powers for such a institution and more independent members in there. Maybe even always members of the opposition so when reds in power democrats when democrats in power reds. That would keep them honest as they wont allow the other side to steal.

I see plenty of options to change things.. and now is the time as a large part of the population is fed up with corruption.

Very well said. What most people overlook is that Suthep is not calling for an election where he would be running as the head of a party. What he is looking for is time for an independent council made up of people from all walks of life to set up a government that would have the checks and balances in it that we lack now. One that would force the government to be transparent. [buying rice at above market prices and selling it and refusing to disclose the price you get for it ] Along with many other things.

Also one that would immediately shut down a government that does not abide by the constitutional court ruling. A system of government that any party in power would have to follow or be thrown out. There is no checks and balances now. We desperately need them.

One of the bonus to the whole thing is it would bring out a higher quality politician.wai.gif

Very well said. What most people overlook is that Suthep is not calling for an election where he would be running as the head of a party. What he is looking for is time for an independent council made up of people from all walks of life to set up a government that would have the checks and balances in it that we lack now. One that would force the government to be transparent. [buying rice at above market prices and selling it and refusing to disclose the price you get for it ] Along with many other things.

Also one that would immediately shut down a government that does not abide by the constitutional court ruling. A system of government that any party in power would have to follow or be thrown out. There is no checks and balances now. We desperately need them.

One of the bonus to the whole thing is it would bring out a higher quality politician.wai.gif

You mean an unelected council run by people that he chooses, in other words fascism. Sure, why not put it to a vote and see what the Thai people think of such a thing?

And by transparent you mean corrupted as it was when he was last pulling the strings?

• Like 2

Jonathan Head?

How can you take him seriously? His family is named for a sex act, for crissake!

There was a time when BBC was the gold-standard of international reporting. Nowadays they should stick to what they do best - celebrity gossip.

If you want news go with Aljazeera. Just about every sovereign nation on the planet hates them, which I take as a recommendation.

Their coverage of the 2010 street activities was quite good.

Edited by bendejo

Iran, Iraq, Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Korea, Philippine

=> Asian style politics.

Why not Thailand? rolleyes.gif What is so special about it? giggle.gif

What is actually expected here? Shooting at each other. throwing grenades, occupying airports, paralyzing capital, etc.

And all this in broad daylight. Openly planned and executed. No Law, no order.

Too much talk of Justice, Democracy, Politics. But in reality - none of these. Just brutality, greed and banditism for centuries.

This upcoming coup will not be as nice as the last one.

One of the bonus to the whole thing is it would bring out a higher quality politician.wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif width=20 alt=wai.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3808308681>

You mean an unelected council run by people that he chooses, in other words fascism. Sure, why not put it to a vote and see what the Thai people think of such a thing?

And by transparent you mean corrupted as it was when he was last pulling the strings?

I support Suthep because I am against corruption!

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3951237149 width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3951237149 width=32 height=20>cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3951237149 width=32 height=20>

Good one!

I know that Democracy sucks. I know about corruption. What I also know is that

Suthep is not an answer

Appointed Council is not an answer unless I am appointing it!

PM is not legit unless I am PM!

Everybody in this country is corrupt except me!

Suthep Yingluck Abhisit Thaksin - bad!

Elections are unfair!

Votes are sold!

Coup is good!

P.S. I still like it here... coffee1.gif

Could you tell me who wanted to kill 25.000 corruption cases and whose movement stopped that...

Could you tell me of what cases of corruption Suthep has been convicted and the real leader of the PTP (Taksins thinks PTP does) ?

After carefully answering this i would not call it irony.

I support Suthep too because I am against corruption.

If he get in power (not his intention) and is proven to be corrupt he must go like any other corrupt official. At the moment we got a government that is incompetent and utterly corrupt.. fake G2G deals.. wanting to kill 26.0000 corruption cases.. having MP's lying in court about voting and proven to ly but no action is taken.

Seems like any change is a good change.. then IF Suthep does the same thing kick him out and rinse and repeat till we get someone who is not corrupt however long it may take. Just giving up and allowing it is insanity.

Mr blok, while I agree with this ...

Seems like any change is a good change

I'm sure many, just like me, aren't nearly as passionate about this as you are. While I agree with your point that we need a change, do you really think that another party in power won't be any different from the Shins???

Maybe a little defeatist as you may say but I really can't see the situation here changing, not in our life times anyway.

I, just like many other foreigners here are bored and sick of them all, that's why I just won't even consider who's right and who's wrong and would advise other expats to do the same and keep out of the politics (supporting them anyhow).

Sure we all have opinions and the Shins do need to be firmly put in their place and ejected from politics but are we really that naive, sorry mistaken that by supporting others that promise so much, is gonna change/reform Thai politics? I can't see it. They're as bad as each other.

Mr havent been called that for a long time but you make a valid point.

I think that if the other power that is in power will be kicked out too then int he end you will get better people in power. I also believe that there should be much harsher anti corruption laws. I like the no statue of limitation on corruption (now as long as they are MP they cant be convicted).

You give up.. I don't because giving up would suggest change is impossible. I can't believe that. Or I just don't want to believe that. I saw that Abisith was good but even he had crooks in his government (coalition with Newin) There are far to few good politicians but give them a chance and get some good laws in place and things will slowly change.

I would not even mind a red government as long as the checks and balances are there. change will come slowly. But this government has shown it wants to take steps back.. removing checks and balances wanting family member to be eligible for the senate (real dangerous). Wanting to drop 25.000 cases of corruption. Now they have made fake G2G documents for the rice scam.

This all together just means they have to go .. new laws in place (and I dont mean laws that give the reds less chance to win an election) but new laws to combat corruption with more powers for such a institution and more independent members in there. Maybe even always members of the opposition so when reds in power democrats when democrats in power reds. That would keep them honest as they wont allow the other side to steal.

I see plenty of options to change things.. and now is the time as a large part of the population is fed up with corruption.

"to SET UP a government" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Thats the thing with fascists, sometimes they don't even realize that they are fascists, they just think that they have all the right answers so why shouldn't they just take over everything and run it the way they see fit, the electorate be dammed rolleyes.gif

• Like 1