Hotel/ transportation/safety advice Bkk/Pattaya

timtscott

I have been to LOS 10 or 12 times before although never in such a tense political climate. I will be in Thailand January 23 to February 7th. The first five days will be in Bangkok on soi 4 Suk. I plan to avoid protest sites and stay in the general area of my hotel. I am a guest in the Kingdom and will act like one. Other than that, any suggestions on avoiding trouble related to the turmoil?

From there I will be spending a few days on Phuket before returning to the Capitol. The last week of my trip will be spent in either Bangkok or Pattaya. I have never been to Patts so thought under the circumstances, this may be the trip to check it out.

I have hotel reservations for everything except the last leg of the trip. Any recommendations for hotels in Pattaya? I want something close to the nightlife or main drag.

What are my transportation options to get from Don Muang to Patraya? How much would a taxi set me back? Is there a shuttle service?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There are hundreds of hotels in Pattaya. And several different "night life" areas. What's your budget? Do you want to be near Walking Street, Soi Buakow? Soi 6? Jomtien?

There is a van service to Don Muang. For a quick answer, I'd do a search in either the Pattaya forum or the Don Muang Airport forum as I know these questions have been asked several times lately.