To Barack Obama: Mr President, some facts you should know about the Thai political crisis

webfact

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people protects the word “Democracy” as it if were something more sacred than their god, beyond good and evil. The truth is that under some democracies there are hiding the largest niches of corruption, abuse of power, labour rights abuse, destruction of the environment and natural resources, etc of this planet. But as far as they serve for their benefit, they protect them, even with war and blood.

It is the same as when the Crusades protected the name of the church in the Middle Ages. The Knights of Christ that beheaded the non-believers and prosecuted the heretics were convinced that they were fighting for a superior cause that would make the world a better place to live, named the Catholic Church.

Today it can still be called a ‘Crusade”; the only difference is that they have changed the name of God for the name of false democracies, in order to dominate and exploit this world.

Well said. Thailand is a country that uses the word democracy and that is all it uses the word. Most of the people who use it don't even know what it means. They think 48% of the voters telling the other 52% what to do is democratic.

I have no problem with democracy. But I do believe that there is a time when it should sit in the back seat and let justice and fairness do the driving until it has learned that it is not nice to steal money and property.wai.gif

http://nsnbc.me/2014/01/19/us-creeping-front-thailand/ this article seems to be more relevant to OP, I think...

Very informative. Unfortunately too many words for thaivisa shinaclan supporters. :)

You expect a country with democracy embedded in its foundation, which actively builds nations on democratic basis, to listen to a nutjob who wants to undo parliamentary democracy to promote democracy?

• Like 2

The US knows exactly what is going on in Thailand.

Absolutely right

"Thaksin aided his wife to purchase government land at a reduced rate of 1/3 in violation of the law prohibiting political leaders from engaging in business dealings with the government. Thaksin was sentenced to two years but fled the country and never served his sentence."

Again this lawyer repeats PAD propoganda that is completely untrue.

The land was not sold for 1/3 of it's value.

There was a public auction.

There were 3 approved bids.

Podjaman outbid Land and House to acquire the land.

The FIDC and the bank of thailand had no objection in selling the land to her.

The issue taken up by the PAD and through the ASC was that she was married to the PM and that in their view the land was state owned and no state official could buy it.

But then

The US knows exactly what is going on in Thailand

And Thaksin was so innocent of this outrageous politically motivated charge, trial and conviction, that he chose to flee the country and become a fugitive rather than prove his innocence. The many outstanding criminal charges should also be swept aside along with any allegations of HR violations.

The US and the rest of the world must sure see Thaksin is innocent, never robbed the country and even paid off the IMF loan from his personal wealth. This astute and honest business man has grown his wealth 450% during the time his proxy party have governed Thailand, implementing populist policies he designed and seemingly bankrupting the country and begging for loans.

Why should Thaksin bother to contest all these things in a court of law? His family run the country and besides, everyone knows he's innocent.

His wise sister will whitewash all these silly inconveniences away soon, and he can return in triumph and the meek shall inherit Thailand, all be rich in 6 months!

Dream on Parrot.

Can't answer can you?

This hatred must have its root in some collective guilt over the absurdity of all the charges so far made against Thaksin and the spluttering attempts to justify them.

8 year on from a coup that was supposed to sort out his corruption.

Not half.

Of course we are all waiting for a full expose on Suthep published by the sound thai press.

Not half.

Anyway enough of that.

https://twitter.com/princessvanina

Anyone able to access this twitter account?

It seems to have gone off line.

Curious like the disappearance of the original Youtube video of the 1st grenade attack beside the car

The letter will go straight in the bin

It certainly won't ever get the president's attention even for a moment.

You can bet the ranch and also the farm that a President of the United States - any president - never sees or ever knows of such a crank and shrill letter written by, in this instance, a scatological dingbat on the other side of the world who has a fiduciary and socio-cultural axe to grind in a raging and one-sided ruling class rant.

Presidents of the United States haven't any time whatsoever for obscure and capricious publicity seekers in foreign countries irrespective of their period of time in the United States, and everyone on the White House staff and at the State Department knows this 100%.

Anyone at either place who might call this kind of crackpot's raffish letter to the attention of the President of the United States would be immediately fired for horrible judgement and for wasting the time of the president, the shower of such a letter and of everyone else in the White House.

This pretentious and silly letter to the President of the United States is entirely an eccentric self-indulgence that constitutes a bloated ego trip of gargantuan proportions. Yet such quacks and status conscious twits as the Thai writer of this letter to POTUS always seem to have equally tumultuous friends in high places of their own country who can deliver to such excess a splash of high profile attention and an audience.

For sure, the OP's atrocious letter is a sorry looking ship that will never leave its dilapidated port.

I totally agree.

However, the writer has achieved her objective - she knew that the letter would not have any impact on US policy, but she has achieved her goal of catapulting her into the Thai media.

She has already been trotted onto one of Suthep's stages and (so I am told) even addressed the crowd in English(!).

I'm sure she makes a nice change from the usual tired lineup of speakers.

<<<>> Anyway enough of that.

https://twitter.com/princessvanina

Anyone able to access this twitter account?

It seems to have gone off line.

<<>>

I think the account was hastily taken down earlier on Monday, perhaps because there were some photos which might have been a little unbecoming for a correspondent with POTUS. And the moniker "princessvanina" seems slightly flippant for someone in the spotlight.

I did see the account before it disappeared.

Personally, I thought it contained the normal type of postings for a young carefree successful attractive high-society yuppie lady, contents which are totally OK to share with her friends.

But maybe it had a few things (nothing serious) which she might have wanted to keep from strangers and from potential detractors.

Edited by tx22cb

so... this dude of a sort of american thai super duper lawyer is thinking of himself to be so important that even the president of the US will give a single crap to read his letter? Perhaps I should give it a shot for next xmas and send my wishlist to Santa Claus.

P. S. kudos to the actual person who might have been paid to write this piece, it's really well worded. Even I wouldn't have been able to come up with it w/o help

Edited by pxlgirl

so... this dude of a sort of american thai super duper lawyer is thinking of himself to be so important that even the president of the US will give a single crap to read his letter? Perhaps I should give it a shot for next xmas and send my wishlist to Santa Claus.

P. S. kudos to the actual person who might have been paid to write this piece, it's really well worded. Even I wouldn't have been able to come up with it w/o help

Actually, the writer of the letter is female (something I also learnt a few hours ago). She's also a lawyer.

Oh, you want proof? See photo (sorry I could not find a smaller one). (she's the one in the white shirt)

1173616_10152113639315901_1803160831_n.j

My thinking is that the US government and the governments of all other countries should stay out of it.

Just look a the current situation in other countries where the US government intervened to institute or uphold "democracy" like Iran, Libya and I don't know where else.

If things are getting bad in Thailand, which is not for me to judge, they will probably have to get a lot worse in this country, where opinion polls regularly show that over 80% of the population condone corruption, until they get better and it will have to be the people of this country, not a foreign government or several foreign governments acting in unison, to bring about a change if such change is to have a long-lasting effect.

My thinking is that the US government and the governments of all other countries should stay out of it.

Just look a the current situation in other countries where the US government intervened to institute or uphold "democracy" like Iran, Libya and I don't know where else.

If things are getting bad in Thailand, which is not for me to judge, they will probably have to get a lot worse in this country, where opinion polls regularly show that over 80% of the population condone corruption, until they get better and it will have to be the people of this country, not a foreign government or several foreign governments acting in unison, to bring about a change if such change is to have a long-lasting effect.

Who says they are in it?, the accusation is without any proof or any apparent motive.

Thais talking nonsense about their only significant western ally...so who would they like to turn towards. China. Lol. Good luck getting anything out of them...japan?,,they are going it alone in Burma. No one needs this nationalistic c**p, least of all thailand. Without assistance from the USA this place would be a province of china having been raped blind by japan.

Maybe Obama might just say, "fine, get lost. You won't be hearing from me anytime soon".

Then watch the army tell these idiots to wind their necks in.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Who says they are in it?, the accusation is without any proof or any apparent motive.

They, who? In what? If you mean the US government, in the protests in Thailand or whatever, I did not say it was, but that it should not do it, seeing that this topic is about a letter by a US congressman to the US president suggesting to the president that he should get involved. Well, I am suggesting that the US president, the US government, should stay out of it.

Edited by Puccini

They, who? In what? If you mean the US government, in the protests in Thailand or whatever, I did not say it was, but that it should not do it, seeing that this topic is about a letter by a US congressman to the US president suggesting to the president that he should get involved. Well, I am suggesting that the US president, the US government, should stay out of it.

They won't get involved. Speak to whom? Influence whom? Pressure whom?

At the end of the day Obama can make all the speeches he wants, no one here will listen.

Best thing he could do would be to get special ops to kidnap every politician in the country and their family and declare it a colony.

...I highly doubt that the US Government and other countries will recognize Suthep's "people's council" as the legitimate government of Thailand, which will cause even bigger problems in international trade and relations...

You seem to be knowledgeable about this and I am interested in how this works. How, in what form and manner, did the US government recognise past governments of Thailand? How did it recognise, or fail to recognise, if that should have been the case, the Council for Democratic Reform that seized control over the administration in the 2006 coup?

All I usually see in the press about the recognition of another country's government is news about congratulatory messages being sent from heads of states to the head of state of the country that got itself a new government, but there must be more to this I should think, some kind of formal, international protocol of recognising another countries government, but what is it, how does it work?

...I highly doubt that the US Government and other countries will recognize Suthep's "people's council" as the legitimate government of Thailand, which will cause even bigger problems in international trade and relations...

You seem to be knowledgeable about this and I am interested in how this works. How, in what form and manner, did the US government recognise past governments of Thailand? How did it recognise, or fail to recognise, if that should have been the case, the Council for Democratic Reform that seized control over the administration in the 2006 coup?

All I usually see in the press about the recognition of another country's government is news about congratulatory messages being sent from heads of states to the head of state of the country that got itself a new government, but there must be more to this I should think, some kind of formal, international protocol of recognising another countries government, but what is it, how does it work?

By law they had to cut funding to the coup junta, but they maintained contact of course. This bunch will be odd, but it's hardly as though Suthep is going to magic a load of unknown people to the table.

It's going to be the same old reactionary academics and hawks told to come up with some policies. The USA embassy will come up with some statements, there will be some reforms, and then there will be an election eventually and Thaksin bunch will win.

However, if it appears that the anti democracy bunch want to hang on for the long term that isn't going to be good for Thai USA relations.

The letter will go straight in the bin

It certainly won't ever get the president's attention even for a moment.

You can bet the ranch and also the farm that a President of the United States - any president - never sees or ever knows of such a crank and shrill letter written by, in this instance, a scatological dingbat on the other side of the world who has a fiduciary and socio-cultural axe to grind in a raging and one-sided ruling class rant.

Presidents of the United States haven't any time whatsoever for obscure and capricious publicity seekers in foreign countries irrespective of their period of time in the United States, and everyone on the White House staff and at the State Department knows this 100%.

Anyone at either place who might call this kind of crackpot's raffish letter to the attention of the President of the United States would be immediately fired for horrible judgement and for wasting the time of the president, the shower of such a letter and of everyone else in the White House.

This pretentious and silly letter to the President of the United States is entirely an eccentric self-indulgence that constitutes a bloated ego trip of gargantuan proportions. Yet such quacks and status conscious twits as the Thai writer of this letter to POTUS always seem to have equally tumultuous friends in high places of their own country who can deliver to such excess a splash of high profile attention and an audience.

For sure, the OP's atrocious letter is a sorry looking ship that will never leave its dilapidated port.

I totally agree.

However, the writer has achieved her objective - she knew that the letter would not have any impact on US policy, but she has achieved her goal of catapulting her into the Thai media.

She has already been trotted onto one of Suthep's stages and (so I am told) even addressed the crowd in English(!).

I'm sure she makes a nice change from the usual tired lineup of speakers.

Yup, teach 'em English and it too often means they can cuss you to your face without having to use a language you don't understand or never learned. So now I understand globalization a lot better.

Actually, the writer of the letter is female (something I also learnt a few hours ago). She's also a lawyer.

Oh, you want proof? See photo (sorry I could not find a smaller one). (she's the one in the white shirt)

She's also a wannabe-singer (see her Youtube channel), wannabe-model (see her model photos portfolio), wannabe-journalist (see her street interviews with celebrities), wannabe-actress (see IMDB "The Laughing Dead" grade D zombie movie) and wannabe-photographer (see her Instagram).

She's a rich girl who perfectly understands the needs and problems of Thailand's poor majority, wearing her bandana and taking selfies around the big city of Bangkok, supporting the ouster of an elected government. Yaaay Democracy!

Oh yeah, and here's another more interesting photo of her during the red shirt 2010 rallies. Flip flops anyone?

A red shirt, a white shirt and now a yellow shirt, she sounds very mixed up and confused perfect for the Suthep dimwits

She's also a wannabe-singer (see her Youtube channel), wannabe-model (see her model photos portfolio), wannabe-journalist (see her street interviews with celebrities), wannabe-actress (see IMDB "The Laughing Dead" grade D zombie movie) and wannabe-photographer (see her Instagram).

She's a rich girl who perfectly understands the needs and problems of Thailand's poor majority, wearing her bandana and taking selfies around the big city of Bangkok, supporting the ouster of an elected government. Yaaay Democracy!

Oh yeah, and here's another more interesting photo of her during the red shirt 2010 rallies. Flip flops anyone?

A red shirt, a white shirt and now a yellow shirt, she sounds very mixed up and confused perfect for the Suthep dimwits

Well she certainly follows the fashion if the season. Very trendy.

What a weirdo.

I have michael yon subscribed to my Facebook. Seems that the propaganda wing of this protest are a lot more.organised

On his page right now there is some nonsense accusing the foreign western media of being beholden to Thaksin money.

This stuff is getting more nationalistic and bizarre by the daym

I mentioned a while back that one of my wifes Facebook friends accused all neutral locals of being un-Thai and that they should renounce their citizenship. Her latest little descent into the land of batshit crazy is that she'd been informed that thaksin had purchased the Washington post and, wait for it, the BBC. The worrying aspect are the amount of likes this "exclusive" had received

• Like 1

Obama after reading the letter - "But Thaksin is not the Prime Minister nor even in Thailand. What's the matter with these protesters? And they want to replace an elected government with a communist-type committee and call it democracy?"

Then we would have to say.. fella the only communists are in the UDD and that's Thaksins bought and paid for lot.

Which makes them.capitalist communists????

Where is this crazy place, let's go see. Sounds like it could be entertaining.

By contrast the PAD or whatever one may call them are Capitalist anarchist not to be confused with socialist anarchists.

Social anarchy presupposes a barter system which could work but for the capitalist anarchist who just want to take from the rest of us.

In africa they follow tge man with the big gun here it's the man with the big wad.

They're cruel, amoral and with el suthep they have found their fuhrer.

• Like 2