Thai govt told to restrain red shirts instead of invoking emergency decree

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck can't legally push back the election, it's a royal decree, nor resign, the protesters could ask the courts to rule she violated Penal Code's Article 157. They were already itching to pull the trigger when she said she would dissolve Parliament before seeking a Royal Decree but as it was just a statement of intent not a dissolution it couldn't stick.

• Like 1

Another solution is to get the yellow thugs off the streets and let normal people get on with their lives!!

Another meaningless march or yet another D-day don't solve any problems!!

Letting the government continue with their unrestrained corruption doesn't solve any problems either.

And your savior is squeaky clean...http://asiancorrespondent.com/49900/thailands-palm-oil-crisis-mr-s-strikes-again/

My saviour? I have consistently said that Suthep shouldn't be involved in the next "government".

I don't care if PTP get elected again (although I would prefer the Democrats), but if the government want the protests to stop, then Yingluck needs to step down.

Yingluck stepping down DOES NOT mean that Suthep will instantly, or ever, be PM.

So you think a guy who has been involved in the theft of billions of baht should lead the reform process?

Can't you see why this is ridiculous? Please explain it to me, I just don't see the logic in it.,

Another solution is to get the yellow thugs off the streets and let normal people get on with their lives!!

Another solution is to get the red thugs off the streets who are now shooting and bombing the yellow thugs (if that is indeed what is happening - RTP, please feel free to insert your own conspiracy theory here).

Am I also right in saying that these shootings and bombings only started happening after the red shirt activists Sudchai Boonchai and Ko Tee made their inflammatory suggestions or is that just a coincidence?

My saviour? I have consistently said that Suthep shouldn't be involved in the next "government".

I don't care if PTP get elected again (although I would prefer the Democrats), but if the government want the protests to stop, then Yingluck needs to step down.

Yingluck stepping down DOES NOT mean that Suthep will instantly, or ever, be PM.

So you think a guy who has been involved in the theft of billions of baht should lead the reform process?

Can't you see why this is ridiculous? Please explain it to me, I just don't see the logic in it.,

I will rephrase: I have consistently said that Suthep shouldn't be involved in the "people's council".

Letting the government continue with their unrestrained corruption doesn't solve any problems either.

And your savior is squeaky clean...http://asiancorrespondent.com/49900/thailands-palm-oil-crisis-mr-s-strikes-again/

Well abhisit doesn't have any problems with suthep being corrupt so why should we whistling.gif . When replying to the BBC's Jonathan Heads statement that suthep isn't exactly a poster child for the anti corruption campaign, abhisit agrees that he isn't, but a lot of people support him - So that's all right then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ITftNrMZ2OE#t=89

Poster child reply at 2'35"

I think most people will have been amazed just how restrained the "reds" have been considering how much the PDRC have attempted provocation and failed miserably.

Heaven forbid!! Maybe the "reds" are the smart ones??w00t.gif

Ya, they have been smart in lying low but now may think they are not smart after all since being smart have put them constantly on the receiving end of the ring.

Send from my Mobile

Please provide reference material that documents corruption in Thailand did not exist prior to Thaskin S. election in 2001, and that Thailand had been free of Corruption prior to 2001! You can not, as corruption has been around in Thailand for a long time, Suthep has been a continuous member of the House for 34 years during a time of much corruption that happened in Thailand ,yet in those 34 years he never brought up the issue of corruption, Why is it so important now?

The violence, whose cause will gain for the violence, and whose cause will not?

Suthep side feels that violence will force the Army to stage a coup, that is the only way He can create a "power vacuum" that he can exploit to take over the government.

The Red Shirt favor an election, violence would not aid their cause of holding an election on 2-2-2014. they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by fomenting violence (9-10 days) prior to the national election.

We have not heard the explanation of Sayan Saenoun, (Driver for Kowat Tharawa, MP for the Democrats) why they acted so strangely after the explosion, why they returned to pick evidence of the explosive device and why they ran from the scene (as shown on the release video of the Explosion)

Also the video taken of the person throwing the hand grenade, was described, as well trained., with knowledge of what he was doing and said to be "a navy seal Officer". Don't sound like a rice farmer to me!

Cheers

When did I say that corruption didn't exist before 2001?

Violence may not favour an election, which makes it quite easy for a few renegade red shirts to run around throwing grenades, and then for them to say "Why would we do it"?

Are you still spreading the "navy seal officer" BS, even after the police have said it wasn't??

Then you are admitting that corruption existed prior to 2001, as everyone in Thailand knows!

The issue that drives the protest is the Thai Farmers/Red shirts right to vote! That they did not vote the 'right way" and since they did, they do not deserve the right to vote!

The demonstrations are against a Democracies equal voting rights for all, one person-one vote and the Majority rules concept of an open and free election!

Your statement about the Navy seal BS, did not answer the question I asked about the strange behavior of Suthep's people as captured on the released video! Answer it if you can!

Cheers

• Like 2

I don't think a debate of which side has more rights or which side is more corrupt is helpful. Becomes into a ping-pong session.

Some comments here support the 'red shirts' and others 'yellow shirts'. Some support 'Thaksin' others support 'Suthep'.

Repeating old & tired arguments does not help Thailand. Maybe - a third way is needed like a 'National Unity caretaker govt' drawn from business people & professionals with the aim of reducing (maybe even ending) corruption no matter what shirt-color.

Sadly I don't think this will happen and we will have our 19th coup this year with a return to politics-as-usual sometime in the future - no matter how much people argue or protest or what color they choose to go with.

"Government told to restrain red shirts...".......A hopeful and wishful statement about something they wish were happening. This will only apply if the Feb. 2nd. election date is in any way tampered with...Any manipulation of that date will effectively be a coup, regardless how it is sugar-coated or who initiates it.

This headline also demonstrates the craving protesters have for a confrontation with Red Shirts...Lack of it really affects them negatively, so they talk about something that is absent, as if it is not.....The only confrontation they managed with red Shirts was at the Stadium, and they sought that out...the Red Shirts had been gathering there peacefully for some time before they arrived....The UDD/RS's were smart enough to curtail that gathering when the protesters sought them out, leaving them with no target.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

Then you are admitting that corruption existed prior to 2001, as everyone in Thailand knows!

The issue that drives the protest is the Thai Farmers/Red shirts right to vote! That they did not vote the 'right way" and since they did, they do not deserve the right to vote!

The demonstrations are against a Democracies equal voting rights for all, one person-one vote and the Majority rules concept of an open and free election!

Your statement about the Navy seal BS, did not answer the question I asked about the strange behavior of Suthep's people as captured on the released video! Answer it if you can!

Cheers

<deleted>. When did I ever suggest it didn't exist???

I'm a bit confused now. The Thai Farmers are joining the PRDC in their protests. What are the Thai Farmers protesting for?

NO. The demonstrations are not against equal voting rights for all. That's just the red shirt propaganda version.

My statement about the Navy seal BS was a question, which you didn't answer!

I can't explain "the strange behaviour" of the driver from a grainy 30 second video. DID they pick up evidence of the explosive device? Can you even be sure it was the driver that (supposedly) picked up "the evidence"?

Do you know what you would do if you were nearly blown up by a grenade?

Ahh that is why elections are needed the sooner the better, and they will be observed by the UN and other agencies and whoever is elected we won't need to provide our meaningless opinions on anymore, including mine! 555555......

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ahh that is why elections are needed the sooner the better, and they will be observed by the UN and other agencies and whoever is elected we won't need to provide our meaningless opinions on anymore, including mine! 555555......

Being elected does not mean you're allowed to ignore the law.

What this man says is correct, point by point. Nobody trusts the police. The police and the administration have no vested interest in protecting the lives of the people at the rallies, and have every vested interest in finding a rationale to invoke the emergency decree. This man's recommendations for the police to concentrate on the perpetrators of these atrocious acts will meet with deaf ears. The silver lining is that the army's ears are not closed, are sympathetic to what this man is saying, and that the army - unlike the police - take their responsibility to protect the citizens seriously.

• Like 1

Being elected does not mean you're allowed to ignore the law.

We're living in Thailand. Which government pray tell has not and will not break the law? Hmm not one person can answer that question as until Thailand adopt a western style or influenced democracy it will NEVER happen. Oh and as a heads up what western government has not broken the law? USofA, England, Germany, France... Can't be bothered naming them all. Not advocating breaking the law, simply pointing out all governments do this....And Game over!

There you go with the usual reference to "thugs"...! Who is it that is shooting and bombing these peaceful protesters? Those nice people in red shirts (although currently disguising themselves to blend in with the protesters)...!!

I think most people will have been amazed just how restrained the "reds" have been considering how much the PDRC have attempted provocation and failed miserably.

Heaven forbid!! Maybe the "reds" are the smart ones??w00t.gif

Indeed they are. They have completey won the PR battle and its impossible that Thailand could proceed under Suthep.

The army knows this and non blinkered news junkies will have read the Army statement about arms caches in Bangkok to be a way of frightening off protesters to keep Sutheps numbers falling and to pressurise him to coming to the negotiating table.

Quite clearly they were NOT saying, there are arms and a threat and we must Coup. !!!

I belive they are tiring of him and behind the scenes many must be saying if he can't pull of a victory quickly, get him out. Notable also in the same speach the Army said they cannot coup.... They are pressurising Suthep with that. And guess what,,, they don't care if a few falangs on TV don't like it!!!

After the barage of critisism of his 'Peoples Council" from the worlds media, commentators and NGO's just how do they think they could govern if they got in power. What could they possible do under the sanctions that would certainly follow.

Edited by pipkins
  • Like 1

There is nothing meaningless about this. Protesters stopped the Amnesty Bill, drew attention to the Rice scandal and the borrowing bill, for infrastructure, that would have bankrupted Thailand. They also exposed a lot of corruption in Government.

As far as success goes, things are still escalating in a peaceful way...Rice Farmers are joining the protests, BAAC Bank, Union workers, are showing their opposition to the bank President and their board, people everywhere are withdrawing their money, from the banks, who might lend the Government more money, for the rice scandal, Government offices are being shut down. This is only the beginning.

The Protesters needed time, get their message out, about Government Corruption and wrong doings. Now, the tide is starting to change and more and more people are agreeing with the protesters.

The Courts are getting some time to deal with the legal issues, against the Government, before the Government could change the Charter and some of the laws, they didn't like. It's all coming together.

I'm sure, we are going to see some much bigger lies and more setups, from a desperate Government, in the near future. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1722055545 width=20 height=20>

This has been a special report from La-La Land.

w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif width=18 alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591>

Can you explain bit by bit exactly what part of the 'special report' is from La La Land? As far as I read it:

There is nothing meaningless about this. Protesters stopped the Amnesty Bill, drew attention to the Rice scandal and the borrowing bill, for infrastructure, that would have bankrupted Thailand. They also exposed a lot of corruption in Government. -..............Fact!

As far as success goes, things are still escalating in a peaceful way...Rice Farmers are joining the protests, BAAC Bank, Union workers, are showing their opposition to the bank President and their board, people everywhere are withdrawing their money, from the banks, who might lend the Government more money, for the rice scandal, Government offices are being shut down. This is only the beginning. .......... Fact!

The Protesters needed time, get their message out, about Government Corruption and wrong doings. Now, the tide is starting to change and more and more people are agreeing with the protesters. ..........Fact!

The Courts are getting some time to deal with the legal issues, against the Government, before the Government could change the Charter and some of the laws, they didn't like. It's all coming together. ........Fact!

I'm sure, we are going to see some much bigger lies and more setups, from a desperate Government, in the near future........Subjective reasonable assumption.

So what exactly is from La La Land, I think we should be told.

• Like 2

So because Corruption existsed in thailand prior to Thaksin's arrival on the political scene, Thaksin should be allowed to continue to run the country via his proxy party and plunder and rape the countries finances?

So because Corruption existsed in thailand prior to Thaksin's arrival on the political scene, Suthep and his group cant fight against the rampent corruption and lies from the existing PTP (Plunder Thailand Party)

So because Corruption existsed in thailand prior to Thaksin's arrival on the political scene, nothing is allowed to get in the way of the new heights of corruption... it must be allowed to continue (after all, its been this way for millions of years, right?)

• Like 1

I think if the PDRC tried to provoke the red shirts it would be more violent. What the PDRC want is the army to take over, not the Red Shirts!

Well abhisit doesn't have any problems with suthep being corrupt so why should we whistling.gif . When replying to the BBC's Jonathan Heads statement that suthep isn't exactly a poster child for the anti corruption campaign, abhisit agrees that he isn't, but a lot of people support him - So that's all right then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ITftNrMZ2OE#t=89

Poster child reply at 2'35"

Suthep has already said he will not stand for election in the future. Neither has he said he would lead the reform process. If I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

Suthep has already said he will not stand for election in the future. Neither has he said he would lead the reform process. If I'm not mistaken.

If i remember correctly, he said he only wanted an Admin position in the reform council and would not take any political position once elections are held (after the reforms)

I dont have time to find the link for this, it was in one of the news threads a week or two agao (i think)

• Like 1

So just like all the last ones and the next ones then?

Please provide reference material that documents corruption in Thailand did not exist prior to Thaskin S. election in 2001, and that Thailand had been free of Corruption prior to 2001! You can not, as corruption has been around in Thailand for a long time, Suthep has been a continuous member of the House for 34 years during a time of much corruption that happened in Thailand ,yet in those 34 years he never brought up the issue of corruption, Why is it so important now?

The violence, whose cause will gain for the violence, and whose cause will not?

Suthep side feels that violence will force the Army to stage a coup, that is the only way He can create a "power vacuum" that he can exploit to take over the government.

The Red Shirt favor an election, violence would not aid their cause of holding an election on 2-2-2014. they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by fomenting violence (9-10 days) prior to the national election.

We have not heard the explanation of Sayan Saenoun, (Driver for Kowat Tharawa, MP for the Democrats) why they acted so strangely after the explosion, why they returned to pick evidence of the explosive device and why they ran from the scene (as shown on the release video of the Explosion)

Also the video taken of the person throwing the hand grenade, was described, as well trained., with knowledge of what he was doing and said to be "a navy seal Officer". Don't sound like a rice farmer to me!

Cheers

It's very strange that Suthep hasn't mentioned the palm oil scandal too....

So the Government should let protesters terrorising the capital and keep away anyone who is against Suthep's terrorist's ????

Look's like the first step to dictatorship as they want the right to protest only for them .

And @ poisonus, you really think Suthep is in defense mode ?? So you also think violence is only violence when fighting, bombing etc... is involved, NO, I don't think so, this protesters are very violent to the country, to economy and democracy, but followers of a terrorist, they are in a sleep mode, but more and more are waking up now, lets hope all will.......

How are the protesters "terrorizing the capital"?

I live right next to one of the protest sites. There is no "terrorizing" going on.

Oh well they don't let people go to work is what?If I need documents from amper I can't get them because amper is closed or yellow thugs in front who might beat me up,you call that what?Besides that which legitimation has Suthep to close government offices?He should sit in prison right now,and organisations like EC,Army,Police etc are in need of a leader change if they support Suthep or just sit and watch.It is the job of the army to protect the normal citizen from people like Suthep

Best way to stop the attacks is for police to clear them out I'm afraid. Or at least have them move to a safer location. I'm not sure govt could control the hardcore red shirts at this stage, even if it wanted to. But is it hardcore red shirts responsible, or a rather more professional operation? My guess is that someone close to Thaksin might be involved - possibly Gen P who ran the MiB operation in 2010 - but that's not certain. If you were doing something like this, you'd only let a few people in on it, just like in 2010. That's if it's the govt side responsible of course, which I'm fairly convinced it is after Sunday's attack.

• Like 1

LOL, I guess the taxi driver that was nearly beaten to death or the police that where assulted, or the multaff coctails that where thrown etc. etc. etc. where all non violent.

Yes, that's exactly what they want us to believe, but the violence is this day's only coming from yellow sided....

Apart from the criminals shooting and bombing them with grenades.

You think they're doing this to themselves to provoke the army into defending them?

Or might PTP and their red thugs be doing it, to invoke a state of emergency decree which would be very much to the caretaker government's advantage. Or even simply as part of the overall softy/intimidation mix?

Surely the end is in sight.

The reds and yellows will join hands with the RTP and the military, ridding Thailand of the scourge of drug dealers and car thieves, who are of course the people responsible for the failing rice scheme, Thaksin's amnesty bill, corruption, attacking protesters etc etc. cheesy.gif

Thailand...... hub of soap-operas

I will rephrase: I have consistently said that Suthep shouldn't be involved in the "people's council".

From that I gather you do support an unelected "peoples council"? Seriously?