International Departures - what's there?

MeMock

Hi,

I have 4 hours to kill waiting for an international flight. Do I clear immigration and hang out around the departure gates or do I hang around outside (before immigration) Chasing somewhere to eat some lunch and perhaps have a cold one and perhaps something to do / see.

Cheers

MM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

DMK definitely needs a bit more renovation - before customs there are a few coffeeshops and some small restaurants but nothing exciting. Neither side has free wifi. After customs, there is King Power Duty Free (surprise) and the usual chains - Starbucks / Subway / McDonalds and Fuji. 4 hours will seem long for a layover at DMK.

• 1 month later...

DMK definitely needs a bit more renovation - before customs there are a few coffeeshops and some small restaurants but nothing exciting. Neither side has free wifi. After customs, there is King Power Duty Free (surprise) and the usual chains - Starbucks / Subway / McDonalds and Fuji. 4 hours will seem long for a layover at DMK.

Incorrect about the wifi.

AOT offer free True wifi at DMK airside, 120 mins at a time. Works well, quite fast.

SSID is AOT Free Wifi by True

post-136-0-69593300-1406188396_thumb.png

I flew out via Don Muang last week, I'd say maybe slightly better choice after clearing the immigration, I didn't see anything in the way of airport lounges there so can't comment on that, but someone that travels regularly via DMK may advise better on that point,, we had food in the resteraunt at the top of the stairs left side of the airport departures area, passing checkin but before going to immigration up the flight of stairs on the left ,, food was very good and as always typical airport prices

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

plenty of fast food restaurants( Krispy Kream) an places to just sit an relax, just went thru Friday

I by far prefer DMK to swampy

they were even having an exhibit of thai dancing when i was there.

Edited by phuketrichard