Bangkok protest road closures & getting to the airport

TheGoose

I was hoping someone resident in Bangkok could help me. I am flying into Don Mueang from Udon Thani with my wife & daughter on 28 Jan for 2 nights before flying back to the UK from Suvarnabhumi on 30 Jan. With all the protest sites I am wondering where the best area to stay is that would allow access by taxi from Don Mueang & to Suvarnabhumi that is lol so close to the Skytrain ? I normally stay down Sukhumvit when in Bangkok but I'm aware there are protest sites at Ratchaprasong & Asoke which are either side of where I would normally book a hotel. Any help is appreciated.

Pick your hotel according to your normal criteria, be that price, amenities, location, shopping, etc.

You shouldn't have any major problems getting to and from the hotel because of the current situation. Maybe a little traffic and walking around the mid-town campers, but no big deal so far.

If it does get worse, you may want to rethink the layover in Bangkok altogether, but that's not necessary at this point.

I agree with above post. There are no problems here, especially related to bts/mrt. You might have problem on Suk corridor in taxi from Natl.Stadium or Ploen Chit to Asoke and you'd want to stay on bts.

Travel down from DM in taxi, np. You can return via airport link at Makkassan station (Phetchabri mrt).

Why dont you look.for something by Chula/MBK, Sathorn or Thong Lor

I'm sure your princesses would love the old wing of the Grace B-)

Seriously, if bargains are to be had with the shutdown, have a look online. Some upmarket hotels offer deep discounts to Thai's booking so get the wife online checking the big hotels. Maybe even riverfront.