How many thais "infiltrate" in Thai Visa forum?

Lidra

Can I play? I am from India blink.png

Notongue.png

Yeah, sure, why not;-? . . . . The more the merrier.

But let's keep that head-jiggling yes/no thingie that you guys like to do, down to a minimum, ok?

Confuses the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

cheesy.gif Ahh yes, the head-jiggling.

Was watching an interview with some Indian guy on a news channel at the weekend and low and behold, a serial head-jiggler was apparent for all to see.

Have you noticed, a lot of Indians like to only use the present continuous tense when talking?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I play? I am from India blink.png

Notongue.png

Yeah, sure, why not;-? . . . . The more the merrier.

But let's keep that head-jiggling yes/no thingie that you guys like to do, down to a minimum, ok?

Confuses the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

cheesy.gif Ahh yes, the head-jiggling.

Was watching an interview with some Indian guy on a news channel at the weekend and low and behold, a serial head-jiggler was apparent for all to see.

Have you noticed, a lot of Indians like to only use the present continuous tense when talking?

I make no such promises. The head-jiggling gives us "plausible deniability".

If its normal Thai's no problem. If its members of the special army unit, founded to influence people on social media .... you be the judge.

And another!!

Listen I have no doubt such secret units may exist.

But why on earth would anyone have any feeling about that fact other than dissolving into fits of giggles?

About 16 months ago an article appeared in The Nation about this unit, they make on average 18 000 comments on social media per day. So you can giggle all you like but they are real. When the army try to influencing what people think I have problem with that.

The job of some thais is to stay at the doors of the Malls with a white uniform, to wlecome the customers, and open the door if it is closed... so I dont think it is so difficult for a goverment to pay some guys to make comments in the social media, and I'm sure they would get more money than the ones are working in the Malls next to the doors. Some may think it is a waste of time, but I suppose over the time it for sure will help to create a better opinion of the goverment.

• Like 1

"I had been reading thaivisa.com for a long time, and since a few months when all this antigoverment thing started, I start to find more and more posts supportoing some of the two groups in a very passionate way.

Those posts usually never comment they are thais but I suspect they are, I suppose they are curious to know wich side the farangs support, they may try to promote their favourite party and find support for their ideas, and I think often they may end fighting alone for their side.

Also find new topics that looks to be designed to make foreigners talk bad about thailand, like one recent post with this title " If you dont like Thailand, why stay here? " of course there is a lot of topics from foreigners complaining about something and there will always be, but for me some of the topics looks to be an intention to analyze the "farang" behaviour.

I dont mind if thai people comment with us, but I think it is bad for us that some of them try to make look their post as aggresive "farang" commets that talk bad about Thailand, talk bad about thai people, or to promote their politic idea.

By the way, I'm foreigner, spanish (sorry for my english, feel free to correct me if you need it).

I would like to know if some of you feel same as me, that there are some Thais hide around thaivisa.com, if not, I myself will go to visit the psychologist.

"

Clearly, the solution is to stop caring so much about politics in a foreign country where you cant even vote. It's one rich old man vs another rich old man, each herding their color-coded buffalo.

Edited by celso

nothing wrong with thais being tv members, getting sick of the ones that have signed up purely to comment on the protests etc but nothing we can do about that either. This is a free country so looks like you will just have to live with it but there are many of them in heresmile.png

That depends on what the mods like.

• Like 2

nothing wrong with thais being tv members, getting sick of the ones that have signed up purely to comment on the protests etc but nothing we can do about that either. This is a free country so looks like you will just have to live with it but there are many of them in heresmile.png

That depends on what the mods like.

I feel interest for the politics issues in this country, because despite of I cant vote, I still live here and pretend to stay here as longer as possible.

The foreigner normally have a neutral opinon of the situation, but when the antigoverment move started, I could find who I thought where farangs that where strongly defending

a politicit position, and who do not accept any critics to their side, who do not want to listen the arguments from the other side, just repeat their slogans.

From my point of view, we can not learn anything of Thailand from people that is blind to some politic colors, no matter if they are farang or thais.

There are many thai people that is not crazy about wonderfull wisthles or the <deleted> prime minister, that have accounts in Thai Visa and I really value and enjoy their opinions.

But I prefer to skip the opinions of the blind and brainwashed ones, no matter wich ideology they hold.

You can tell 99% of the time when a poster isn't a NES.

I too used to be amazed at how foreigners could let themselves be brainwashed to support one side or the other.

can it be that some foreigners think for themselves and and form an opinion?

When sombody think for themselve, can see the both sides of the story, and make efforts to understand another point of view, without believe that someone is totally evil or a holy savior.

For example... I like to make this question to the anti red T-shirts... if Taksin is such an evil monster... why no ohter politic group stop him before get so much power? why they let him grow like that? they where so bussy?

If a foreigner believes that one side is less corrupt than the other, or that any side actually has the interests of the whole nation (i.e. the common people) at heart, then they have accepted their brainwashing, for whatever reason.

The only way corruption will be effectively reduced to a "normal level" compared to the earlier-developed countries - or even better even further!

will be if there is a sincere change of heart within the population of Thailand as a whole. I'm talking a huge grass-roots upheaval of how the people think within their own hearts, the equivalent of a spiritual conversion.

All this color-coded nonsense is the same old same old grubbing for power and money, neither side is better than the other for the nation as a whole.

The schism and conflict manifesting in public disorder and violence is doing far more harm to the country as a whole than the actions of any given leader.

Government just isn't that important anymore - business is what drives what people want, and these protests are really getting in the way of the progress of the nation.

If the yellows want to take power they need to figure out how to buy the elections fair and square just like any so-called democracy around the world.

• Like 1

I guess Thais are welcome here and it's very arrogant to use the "infiltrate" word.

I apologize in your name.

Other way those idiots here who are ready to jump to the wall for suthep or yingluck, they are mostly farangs. Believe me.

Edited by Loles

I guess Thais are welcome here and it's very arrogant to use the "infiltrate" word.

I apologize in your name.

Other way those idiots here who are ready to jump to the wall for suthep or yingluck, they are mostly farangs. Believe me.

Camon... the word is between double coma, I think is clear I was giving to it a second meaning (up to the mind of the reader)...

...I was just trying to do a flashy headline for my first topic...

Y ademas tu deberias entenderlo creo yo... anyway, if somebody feel bad because of it, please accept my apologies if the headline may hurt your feelings.

I infiltrate here on a regular basis and don't think red, yellow, or whatever color thai you are should attempt to sway the expat community here in Thailand as they know better then to believe internet warriors more then what they actually see.

Of course Thaksin has hired lobbyists to influence the Washington Post and even US senators to side with the government because its much easier to fool people half way across the world who have no idea where Thailand even is or give a hoot to seek the truth. I'm sure Chevron with their agreement with Hun Sen and Thaksin over drilling rights in the Gulf of Thailand would like to see him back. There's always somebody with their hands in the honey pot calling the shots.

Thais are more than welcome here, and over the years have been quite helpful. wai.gif

Indeed, and some Thais are regular frequent posters who post informative, thought provoking posts and sage advice. I always enjoy reading their posts. They communicate naturally enough in English that you would never ever know that they were Thai.

wai.gif

why do I get the feeling that you're Thai...

5555 No, I'm not. I am from Canada. However, some of the posters that have replied in this topic are. Can you guess who is Thai?

I really cannot tell. Who?

"How many thais "infiltrate" in Thai Visa forum?"

Ooooops......I have been uncovered!

How did you know about me?wai2.gif

Hey, Costas, sleep tight. Nobody will mistake you for a Thai. (nothing wrong with Thais in general or with Thais being here among us).

The Ancient Greek stick out from the sack you are in.

I would like you even more if sometimes your opinions were not so categorical. Do give yourself a benefit of a doubt now and then.

Or run the risk of becoming extinct.

BTW, I respect Ancient Greeks even more than today's ones. Don't let Hydra bite you on the tail. tongue.png

Over in the news section there are a whole lot of rabid foreigners very invested in internal Thai politics, using all kinds of derogatory language towards either side. Seems very strange to me. I suppose it is mostly a substitute for british hooliganism, red shirt, yellow shirt, easy to understand for even the daftest and allows plenty of opportunity spew mind-vomit on the internet. Or perhaps it is bored husbands of Isaan wives indoctrinated with Thaksin good good propaganda.

I personally quite enjoy the protests, the red-white-blue flags, food, music and overall festive mood. Reminds me of national holidays back home. I also think the protesters are wise to have already figured out that unchecked democracy eventually leads to rule of the mob facism like so many of our own nations. Eventually all democracies devolved into who can bribe most of the people with other peoples money. Good for the Thai's to have figured this out already.

I infiltrate here on a regular basis and don't think red, yellow, or whatever color thai you are should attempt to sway the expat community here in Thailand as they know better then to believe internet warriors more then what they actually see.

Of course Thaksin has hired lobbyists to influence the Washington Post and even US senators to side with the government because its much easier to fool people half way across the world who have no idea where Thailand even is or give a hoot to seek the truth. I'm sure Chevron with their agreement with Hun Sen and Thaksin over drilling rights in the Gulf of Thailand would like to see him back. There's always somebody with their hands in the honey pot calling the shots.

Thaksin and the Washington post in cahoots ? Wow. I'll check the New York Times tomorrow for an article on that finding. Maybe the Los Angeles times are also involved in your nightmare.