Bangkok put under state of emergency for 60 days

webfact

The fact that they are using The Headless one to be in charge of this is quite concerning. A delicate situation, now in the hands of an alleged criminal, drunk, thug who takes orders from a convicted

criminal fugitive. It's going to get messy.

How is that different from when Suthep was in charge of the last SOE?
Read the details.
Oh I have and it was not pretty nor is Suthep criminal activities, but I guess you can look these items up as well.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lets get these thugs off the streets and let the average citizen have his streets and access to government agencies. normal life needs to go on. The people has had enough of Suthep and his crowd of thugs.

Problem is they've also had their fill of corrupt govt.

Agreed... And then another corrupt government comes into power, or even worse the Military.... Thailand needs to learn what democracy really is first and foremost and then implement this. It wont be an overnight process either...

It does not matter if Thailand has democracy or not if the country is bankrupt, so the first thing to do is to stop the gigantic loan plans and subsequent theft, corruption and vote buying by the PTP, which is part of what the current protesters are trying to do.

Any Thai leader can win an election by borrowing a ton of money on the country's behalf, put half in his pocket and distribute the rest evenly among all Thais, he will not even have to keep it secret. Everyone will then go buy a new car, and the next day everyone will lose their jobs as the country will be bankrupt. That is democracy and it is not always good! Basically democracy only works if the voters care what happens 10 or 20 years from now, and in Thailands case most voters do not.

Yes, most if not all previous governments and likely future governments including the military have been or will be corrupt, but statistically none have been anywhere near as corrupt as the Shinawatra/PTP. Thailand can handle corruption to a certain extent and still be a profitable country, but there is a limit to the level of corruption the country's finances can handle, and the Shinawatra/PTP has breached that limit, and therefore needs to be stopped by any means - including a coup if it comes to that.

• Like 2

lets get these thugs off the streets and let the average citizen have his streets and access to government agencies. normal life needs to go on. The people has had enough of Suthep and his crowd of thugs.

Nowhereman60 - Voice of the People ! Unfortunately self appointed and self opinionated.

Almost all Thais I know don't care a great deal about Suthep. But, they are passionate now about removing Thaksin and his gang from exploiting and controlling their country. Rightly or wrongly, they see the Shin clan as the worst possible gang to be in power. This is their view not mine.

However, I would admit this is a small group of friends, colleagues, and acquaintances. I wouldn't claim to know what all the people think and want, like you do.

Your comments remind me of the statements the extreme left union leaders used to make in the UK in the 70"s. They always claimed to know what everyone really wanted, was thinking, and new what was best too.

It seems that there is no win win from this. Thaksin is totally corrupt and Suthep is not better. You'll notice the monarchy is staying out of this issue.

Don't understand why they initiate the SOE if they are not going to enforce it. Waste of time and making the government look stupid unless it takes some actions. But the first day of the SOE is no different than any day in the last 10 days. The anti-government protesters are breaking laws and taking away the right of citizens of the city and yet the police or the Army isn't doing a dam_n thing. Only makes the SOE a laughing stock of the government and give the anti-government protests the idea they can do what they want no matter what laws they break.

Edited by Nowhereman60
  • Like 1

Normal life, like the rice farmers coming Bangkok for instance?

Oh sorry they are thugs too, in fact you'd like "normal life to go on for you" expats and tourists in Bangkok!

The protesters right or wrong anywhere in the country for any reason is none of your business.

• Like 1

Oh sorry they are thugs too, in fact you'd like "normal life to go on for you" expats and tourists in Bangkok!

The protesters right or wrong anywhere in the country for any reason is none of your business.

I can express my feeling about this issue and you can do nothing about it except block my post, every simple, your a example of those who wants to take rights away from people.

• Like 1

Hardliner Chalerm said he would call a first meeting today to map out an operation plan to handle the current situation as well the February 2 election. He said that the police would not hunt Suthep but wait for him to surrender.

until when they need to wait? Will Suthep surrender?

With Chalerm, together with Surapong & Tarit being in charge things should get interesting. None of them have any credibility but that never bothered Mr T, who probably ordered their appointment.

I see Chalerm being called a hardliner in the Op. His ear-medicine fuelled rhetoric is often hard-line but when it comes to action he is a born coward, just like his offspring.

As expected the army has opted out of the 3-stooges led CAPO Mk II. If ever Thailand was FUBAR, it is now with quite a few spanners ready to be thrown into the works.

Rice farmers getting more & more belligerent and possibly coming to Bangkok.

The protestors in the south totally out of control of the stooges and 'elections' unlikely there.

The EC not cooperating with the B130bn loan and doing what PTP are telling them to do about the faux election.

NACC 'interfering' with corruption charges that have to be answered or lied about.

Legality of voting in the areas under the SOE unclear. (CC anyone)

Seems like a marked lack of canvassing in my area of Bangkok & no placards too.

I'd suggest that the SET (main) index and the Baht rate are the best indicators of how all this is progressing or regressing.

With Chalerm, together with Surapong & Tarit being in charge things should get interesting. None of them have any credibility but that never bothered Mr T, who probably ordered their appointment.

I see Chalerm being called a hardliner in the Op. His ear-medicine fuelled rhetoric is often hard-line but when it comes to action he is a born coward, just like his offspring.

As expected the army has opted out of the 3-stooges led CAPO Mk II. If ever Thailand was FUBAR, it is now with quite a few spanners ready to be thrown into the works.

Rice farmers getting more & more belligerent and possibly coming to Bangkok.

The protestors in the south totally out of control of the stooges and 'elections' unlikely there.

The EC not cooperating with the B130bn loan and doing what PTP are telling them to do about the faux election.

NACC 'interfering' with corruption charges that have to be answered or lied about.

Legality of voting in the areas under the SOE unclear. (CC anyone)

Seems like a marked lack of canvassing in my area of Bangkok & no placards too.

I'd suggest that the SET (main) index and the Baht rate are the best indicators of how all this is progressing or regressing.

Sometimes things have to absolutely collapse before they can get better.

Nowhereman, congratulations, you have won the award for being the first person to use the word "thugs" 1,000 times in all TV.com posts...!! You also get a special prize for having used the word four times in a single post ... and before you ask ... go look for it, I'm not going to do your research for you...!!

Some pretty vile people in charge of the Peacekeeping Center. Usually you'd want upstanding compromise-minded people taking helm but as you can see the government does not intend to end it peacefully so they bring out the pit bulls.

The Emergency decree has some interesting legal sides to it (differing from the Security Act)

1. Law enforcement are not liable for their actions and people cannot sue state officials, unlike the security act in which liability for your actions is still in place.

2. The Security Act still allows for protests, the Emergency decree bans it completely with no more then 3 people being allowed to congregate publicly. So if your pub gang of 5 are out talking in the wee hours beware of getting arrested.

3. The Emergency acts authorizes LE to surround, contain, search and arrest at will, unlike the Security act which still requires reasonable just cause and search warrants.

4. At the end of implementing the Security Act the government is required to hand in a summary report to Parliament for scrutiny therefore all acts must have a clear work plan and objective. The Emergency decree does not require any report.

So as we can see this is a draconian measure legalizing lethal force that is unaccountable.

very informative, however would like to see a source cited

Sent from my tin can via string

As requested:

Internal Security Act

http://thailaws.com/law/t_laws/tlaw0342.pdf

Emergency Decree

http://photo-journ.com/downloadable-documents/thailand-state-of-emergency-act/#axzz2r7Jniix6

Oh and btw don't forget there is still one more last resort

Martial law

http://www.thailawforum.com/laws/Martial%20Law.pdf

This part of the Emergency Decree really needs to be reread to the PM

"The Prime Minister shall have the power to appoint competent officials to perform duties under this Emergency Decree and to carry out functions under laws which have been transferred to the powers and duties of the Prime Minister under paragraph one. A person appointed as a competent official shall be deemed to have the powers under such law"

Oh sure Chalerm and Toad Face are competent. <deleted>

All of this of course is hardly justified as I haven't really seen any violence invoked on part by the protestors except for the inconvenience of blocked traffic and of course for government officials not being able to function.

Edited by smileydude

And we have enough of you too, you genernal is hiding somewhere overseas . He is the thugs that runs away ,

And we have enough of you too, you genernal is hiding somewhere overseas . He is the thugs that runs away ,

All you have to do is block me if I upset you. But it seem you're becoming the thug.

All you have to do is block me if I upset you. But it seem you're becoming the thug.

Well if you cut down on the 'thug' paranoia you might have some credibility but you are certainly within your rights to post.

I saw many of the protestors gathering on 22nd December for the largest ever protests in Bangkok on that day. They were ordinary Thais, piling into the backs of pickups and no hi-sos or 'thugs' amongst them. They even invited me to join them which I refused but gave them a thumbs-up.

You are just letting your hatred run away with any common sense you possess. There may be a few thugs amongst them but far less than some of the red-shirt intimidation mobs roaming around looking for a fight. Even worse than any thugs is the group or groups throwing grenades and shooting at the protestors. I haven't seen you call them stupid (or any) names.

• Like 1

Don't understand why they initiate the SOE if they are not going to enforce it. Waste of time and making the government look stupid unless it takes some actions. But the first day of the SOE is no different than any day in the last 10 days. The anti-government protesters are breaking laws and taking away the right of citizens of the city and yet the police or the Army isn't doing a dam_n thing. Only makes the SOE a laughing stock of the government and give the anti-government protests the idea they can do what they want no matter what laws they break.

This is what I heard today from Thai colleagues - I have no other info. So take it for what it is.

Not much visible activity today because Suthep has apparently had potentially bad news, and is taking the day off (the doctor's appointment was just a diversion) to confer with 2 of his backers (little backer and bigger backer).

Similarly, YL's people are firming plans with their own backers.

I don't know who the various backers are - and who's bigger than who. Too confusing for me.

Indeed, there may not be any backers at all, and the Thai colleague might be repeating some gossip/rumour he heard.

So Taksin has ordered Chalerm to put his thugs on the street. That photo is worth a million words.

And what will Chalerm's sons be doing? Handing out grenades?

• Like 2

I can express my feeling about this issue and you can do nothing about it except block my post, every simple, your a example of those who wants to take rights away from people.

Of course you can, fortunately every one can express his feeling.

In the same time other people, me for instance, have the right to have totally an other view, henceforth they answer, it the basic of every forums.

But in your mind, if someone disagree with you he is labelled as a person "who want to take rights away from people" rolleyes.gifLaughable

Nothing more really? Maybe try to bring you to justice?

As fare as I am concerned believe me you can post to your heart's content, even thought I guess I disagreed with 90% 99% of your saying coffee1.gif

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Like 1

""If the soldiers are put under police command, it will be problematic," academic Panitan Wattanayagorn said. "I have never seen troops being placed under police [control]."

Police under police control is bad enough. They couldn't organise a pi$$up in a brewery,.. what chance is their in hoping they can give anything like co-ordinated and appropriate control to the army?

I hope for the best and fear the worst.

Someone please tap me on the shoulder when its OK to open my eyes again as I just can't stand to watch how this all unfolds!

Your obviously talking about the red thugs and co. No?

Your obviously talking about the red thugs and co. No?

The guys manning the blockade at the Ratchaprasong junction are certainly thuggish looking, and I don't believe they're wearing red shirts.

• Like 1

""If the soldiers are put under police command, it will be problematic," academic Panitan Wattanayagorn said. "I have never seen troops being placed under police [control]."

Police under police control is bad enough. They couldn't organise a pi$$up in a brewery,.. what chance is their in hoping they can give anything like co-ordinated and appropriate control to the army?

I hope for the best and fear the worst.

Someone please tap me on the shoulder when its OK to open my eyes again as I just can't stand to watch how this all unfolds!

I've never seen military troops under police command as well... and I'm from eastern Europe so I saw few thing in my life... as far as I remember always when army gets involved they just takes control of all operations and police forces are under their command... at least was like that in my country 13 of December 1981...

Having this decree administered will cause more a financial burden since now any tourist present will either leave or not come to visit this beautiful country since none will be able to enjoy good nights out due to the restrictions. So sad :(

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand