cider in koh phangan

hello all,

Happy Wednesday..

Been chatting last few weeks about cider around koh phangan. Where to get it , in pubs?, in shops?, prices etc etc

Its usually pretty expensive I know but does anyone else on here get cider from anywhere??

Good deal? What type? where? That sort of thing...

I really miss it when I'm here..

Maybe nobody likes it or cares ha ha..

See how the thread goes I suppose..

Have a good day..

Outback bar at Haad Rin, Several labels and (not always) a draft one.

Food Station, close to Thong Sala

Big A supermarket, in Thong Sala, sell a few kind 125/150 Baht

The Masons Arm has draft cider 200 something Baht a pint

Mmmm... Loves me cider!

lets not forget it also has healing qualities, I remember hearing my wife whose a keen gardener speaking to a neighbour and saying whenever she gets a prick in her hand she always likes to put it in cider..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Cheers for replies.

Know all of them apart from the outback bar in hadrin as I dont really get up that way much....

Love the stowford and the staff at the masons but at 220 its a bit steep. This time last year it was 190..

I need cider a few times a week at least 555

Cheers for replies.

Know all of them apart from the outback bar in hadrin as I dont really get up that way much....

Love the stowford and the staff at the masons but at 220 its a bit steep. This time last year it was 190..

All alcohol prices went up quite a lot in last year's tax increases towards the latter part of the year.

The bit that I don't understand is "Why is a case of 12 large bottles of beer so much cheaper than a case of 24 small bottles?".

eg a case of 12 large bottles of Leo/Chang is approx 5xx baht. A case of 24 bottles of the same - 7xx baht

Cheers for replies.

All alcohol prices went up quite a lot in last year's tax increases towards the latter part of the year.

The bit that I don't understand is "Why is a case of 12 large bottles of beer so much cheaper than a case of 24 small bottles?".

eg a case of 12 large bottles of Leo/Chang is approx 5xx baht. A case of 24 bottles of the same - 7xx baht

Easier to manufacture 12 big bottles than 24 small ones.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Wotsits ain't my cup of tea really..

Cider and a pack of beef monster munch on the other hand......

Shame about the lack of cider anyway chaps.. I'm sure they sell it I'm some tescos unfortunately not tongsala .... I need cider...

• Like 1

Singha are launching one called Syder Bay but it will only be 3.5%, not exactly Diamond White...

just adjust your take eg.12 instead of six.tongue.png

as the self appointed cider waller on thai visa with over 55yrs.experiance of downing the amber nectar[apples] i can honestly say i feel your frustration of missing your favourite tipple.

at this very moment i am studying john keppers and thatchers gold,6% and 4.8%.i hope to get my degree in the next 12months.

not sure are you looking for a long term or a short term supply.if its a long term where you can stock up [5cases min]

get in touch with apple honey[cider in thailand.com] they might be able to help.or you can make a trip to their nearest outlet.

taffy

Singha are launching one called Syder Bay but it will only be 3.5%, not exactly Diamond White...

just adjust your take eg.12 instead of six.tongue.png

as the self appointed cider waller on thai visa with over 55yrs.experiance of downing the amber nectar[apples] i can honestly say i feel your frustration of missing your favourite tipple.

at this very moment i am studying john keppers and thatchers gold,6% and 4.8%.i hope to get my degree in the next 12months.

not sure are you looking for a long term or a short term supply.if its a long term where you can stock up [5cases min]

get in touch with apple honey[cider in thailand.com] they might be able to help.or you can make a trip to their nearest outlet.

taffy

Do you get your thatchers gold from the Apple honey company???

I'm thinking that the more that's delivered the cheaper the delivery costs would be???..

I was reading this article about singha making cider myself just a few days ago..

Getting quite excited thinking it might be ok then came the 3.5% shout,

what's all that about??? Ridiculous...