Yooboa power bank won't charge tab 2

kevc

Just bought a Yooboa 13, 000 ma power bank to charge my Tab 2 10.1 but it's only charging to 30 percent then it's dead, the output is 1.00 ma anyone know if this is the problem.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just bought a Yooboa 13, 000 ma power bank to charge my Tab 2 10.1 but it's only charging to 30 percent then it's dead, the output is 1.00 ma anyone know if this is the problem.

Thanks

Samsung tabs need 2.1ma

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for that so I'm 1.1 ma short looks like I need to buy another, pity this was a great buy walking through Asoke and a girl had two for sale didn't really know the price but knew they were expensive and saying as they were for sale at 590 baht each and still had the Yooboa security wrapped around them I bought one. Found out they sell at 1,790 baht at 7/11.

Thanks for that so I'm 1.1 ma short looks like I need to buy another, pity this was a great buy walking through Asoke and a girl had two for sale didn't really know the price but knew they were expensive and saying as they were for sale at 590 baht each and still had the Yooboa security wrapped around them I bought one. Found out they sell at 1,790 baht at 7/11.

I don't think just buying 2 would work .. how would you plug the tab in... or do you mean find one that works with a tab?

Where you guys are saying 1.00ma (milliamp), 1.1ma, and 2.1ma I think (hope) you meant to say 1A (amp) or 1000ma, 1.1A, and 2.1A. While tablets like this usually come with a 2A (2000ma) charger, lower capacity chargers like 1A max chargers will still work/charge your tablet to 100%, but it will just take longer to charge your tablet to 100% because during the charge cycle the tablet will ask for different levels of current/amps from the charger which may exceed the chargers capability. For example, if the tablet asks for 1.5A/1500ma during a portion of the charge cycle and the charger can only put out 1.0A/1000ma then the tablet will be given 1.0A/1000ma only/max...the charging continue just at a slower rate than what the tablet asked for. During other portions of the charge cycle like usually around the 90 to 100% portion the charge will taper off probably down to 0.5A/500ma and less while applying the final portion of the charge sometimes called the saturation charge. The charge current/amperage is not constant during a charge cycle...it varies. The "tablet/smartphone" controls the amount of amperage being asked for; not the charger....the charger only gives what is being asked for but can't give more than the charger's capability.

Some of these power banks come with multiple output charge ports...some of these outlets may provide more amps than the other ports...some ports meant to provide higher amperage like for tablets and some ports meant to provide lower amperage like for smartphones/small tablets. So, be sure you are using the correct port. And if continuing to use the tablet while charging and depending on how much your tablet is using while running you may not even being charging but only slowing down the discharge of the tablets battery since the tablet is actually drawing power from its battery "and" the power bank. Some tablets will only charge if turned off while charging....I don't know if the Galaxy Tab 2 needs to be turned off while charging or not.

And of course make sure your power bank is "fully charged/charged adequately" before trying to use it to charge other devices....if for example the power bank is only charged up to say 4000ma of its 13000ma capacity then it can only provide a charge to another device of 4000ma....and if you were trying to charge up a tablet's 8000ma battery well you'll only be able to charge it up to about 50%.

Casual biker no I meant buy a 2.1 charger, Pib thanks for the very good explanation but I tried charging and the charger runs out when the tablets at about 30 percent charged., charged my S2 and had about 80 percent left.

Googled up the Yoobaa 13000ma power bank. Quite a few links out there such as this one which comes with some Q&As. I see it does have two USB ports...USB Port 1 can charge up to 1.0A (used for most smartphones, smaller battery type devices) and USB Port 2 which can charge up 1.5A (used for tablets, devices with larger batteries). Either port would work to charge a device, it's just one port has the capacity to charge at a higher rate. Be sure you are using the correct charging cable with your Tab...I'm assuming you are using its original cable and just disconnecting the original wall charger portion.

The charger is legit came sealed with yooboa embossed sealed package and hologram but it only has one port it's the magic box square type, wouldn't care but they were also selling the two port one same price but didn't know there was only certain chargers you should use so went for the better looking one of the two. . Using they cable from the tab but will try and charge again while the tabs switched off. If not think I'll just sell this and buy a 2.1 charger.

How long did you charge it for initially?

Also how did you charge from your computer USB or wall charger? A battery that big would probably need an overnight charge using a 1.0amp charger.. alot of phone chargers are 500 ma

I've been using this Anker 10,000 mAh external battery pack/charger for ~ 1 year now; I paid $40 for it in the U.S.

Anker® Astro 3E 10000mAh Dual USB Backup External Battery Pack Portable Power Pack Charger: http://www.amazon.com/10000mAh-Smartphones-USB-charged-Adapters--Lightning/dp/B009USAJCC/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1390450442&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+astro+3e

It supports 3 amps (total), and I've used it on multiple Android devices (SGS1/2/3/4, Nexus 4, Tab 10.1, Tab3 10.1), iPhone 5, iPad Air, iPod, even a 3G/MiFi router. It charges devices very quickly, faster than the native chargers.

Easily one of the best purchases I've ever made.

YooBao makes a lot of different battery packs/chargers; some support 2/3 amps.

Based on the OP's initial description:

this was a great buy walking through Asoke and a girl had two for sale didn't really know the price but knew they were expensive and saying as they were for sale at 590 baht each and still had the Yooboa security wrapped around them I bought one. Found out they sell at 1,790 baht at 7/11

it might not be a stretch to think that either this product was a fake, or an original unit in some state of failure. Typically there is a reason for unreasonably low prices.

As suggested, make sure the power bank is fully charged, it probably has an LED indicating the charge status? Should take something like 6+ hrs to charge the 13,000 mah battery from empty on a fast (2+ Amps) charger. Try it once again and if nothing changes then it's a fake or defected. I'm thinking fake from where you bought it, security wrapping means nothing as it can be faked just like anything else.

Takes12 hours to fully charge according to the manual charging again now and will give it another try. As I said it charged my S2 anx had 80 percent charge still left.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Takes12 hours to fully charge according to the manual charging again now and will give it another try. As I said it charged my S2 anx had 80 percent charge still left.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sounds about right...I expect an S2 has around a 2000ma battery...and considering the charging efficiency factor and the battery charge indicator as an "approximate" indicator then the power bank going from 100% to 80% in charging the S2 battery sounds well within the ballpark.

The charger is legit came sealed with yooboa embossed sealed package and hologram...

For a few bucks in China, I can get just about any embossed, sealed packaging duplicated, complete with hologram.

I'm not saying you have a knockoff, but authentic looking packaging is no assurance that it isn't. Just like a "certificite of authentisity" (spelling deliberate) doesn't mean that 16 carat emerald is real, either.

I'd have a hard time believing anyone with a small kiosk is selling an authentic unit for less than 1/3 the 7-11 price. Maybe it's a factory second, maybe stolen, or maybe a fake.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last year I use power bank but now I change WIWOFIT Wireless Charger bought from Amazon, power bank is too heavy to carry, too big to be put on desk, WIWOFIT Wireless Charger is not so expensive as CHOE comparatively cheap. Im power killer with smart phone games, so every seconds it needs to be charged, now its very convenient for me to charge both at home and in the office.

• 1 year later...

I've been using this Anker 10,000 mAh external battery pack/charger for ~ 1 year now; I paid $40 for it in the U.S.

Anker® Astro 3E 10000mAh Dual USB Backup External Battery Pack Portable Power Pack Charger: http://www.amazon.com/10000mAh-Smartphones-USB-charged-Adapters--Lightning/dp/B009USAJCC/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1390450442&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+astro+3e

It supports 3 amps (total), and I've used it on multiple Android devices (SGS1/2/3/4, Nexus 4, Tab 10.1, Tab3 10.1), iPhone 5, iPad Air, iPod, even a 3G/MiFi router. It charges devices very quickly, faster than the native chargers.

Easily one of the best purchases I've ever made.

YooBao makes a lot of different battery packs/chargers; some support 2/3 amps.

Based on the OP's initial description:

this was a great buy walking through Asoke and a girl had two for sale didn't really know the price but knew they were expensive and saying as they were for sale at 590 baht each and still had the Yooboa security wrapped around them I bought one. Found out they sell at 1,790 baht at 7/11

it might not be a stretch to think that either this product was a fake, or an original unit in some state of failure. Typically there is a reason for unreasonably low prices.

Do you know where to buy Anker Astro products here in LOS?

Archived