My Tax Refund Came On Friday

I have read many topics and also heard "on the grapevine" that Farangs don't get Tax refunds.

I submitted all my details and I was given the allowance for my spouce and daughter. The cheque arrived on friday.

I got the company accountant to do my tax return and it included the personal allowance, education, spouse, child and education od the child. So I got a nice cheque from the revenue department.

I must say that I am impressed and after submitting all the documentation, I got what I expected it should be. So good for the revenue department.

You can guess the size of the refund if you look at the allowances I quoted on the revenue department website http://www.rd.go.th

I have read many topics and also heard "on the grapevine" that Farangs don't get Tax refunds.

I submitted all my details and I was given the allowance for my spouce and daughter. The cheque arrived on friday.

I got the company accountant to do my tax return and it included the personal allowance, education, spouse, child and education od the child. So I got a nice cheque from the revenue department.

I must say that I am impressed and after submitting all the documentation, I got what I expected it should be. So good for the revenue department.

You can guess the size of the refund if you look at the allowances I quoted on the revenue department website http://www.rd.go.th

This is common for those Farangs that do file. Many farangs feel they don't have as many rights as Thais but when it comes to tax refunds they do.

www.lawyer.th.com

I got mine after self completion ie no accountants or expensive methods , in fact this is the second refund , it takes about 1 month extra compared to the refund claims by a Thai citizen ,explained to me as the need to pass through another department .

It came about 3 weeks ago , it was banked and spent the same day .

The only annoyance is that the mortgage is classed as being in my wifes name even though all documents are in joint names .

Guest endure

Don't forget that you can also claim your tax back on the interest you pay on fixed term deposit accounts.

• 2 weeks later...