Thai Airways...a basket case!

GinBoy2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a complaint against Thai Airways, but booked a flight to Khon Kaen from Bangkok. Tried to select seats for my wife and myself online, but I get an error message saying they can't give a seat map, and we have to try to get seats together on checkin at the airport. Possibly because we chose the cheapest tickets?

No problem on an earlier trip to Chiang Mai selecting seats online with NOK Air.

Dunno where or how the OP checked Thai Air's KK schedules.

But when I check Thai Air's website today, they still show four daily flights departing KK for BKK, departing at 8:45 am, 12:30 pm, 5 pm and 8:10 pm.

Based on their website, the cheapest fare they offer for the trip is the early morning flight, which comes in at a "steal" for only 4000b RT per person as their "Saver" fare. It's an A320 into Suvarnabhumi with a 20 Kg baggage allotment per passenger.

Wow...that 4k return for a 30 minute flight is a bargain. I can only go all the way to Phnom Penh return for the same 4k on Air Asia!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nothing to do with the original post for which I apologise, but the heading fits perfectly.

Today I looked on Skyscanner fo BKK to London in July. I wanted direct, economy class. The results were:

Eva Air GBP699, BA GBP741, Thai GBP1,970!

I actually booked BA premium economy for under a grand but why is Thai just so far out of line?

Same same Thai logic...raise the prices cos less people travelling to make up for the empty seats.

G'kid will be along soon to justify the enormous difference.

I recently had a bit of luck with their specials.. Took the gf to Sydney for a few days for £550 from BKK. Couple of days later it was over £2k.. Bizarre considering my ticket was £1100 from London. That said, I hope I don't have to fly the route in economy again...