Family Visitor Visa - couple of questions

Hi all

Not been here for a while, but was a few years ago getting excellent help with my wife's successful visitor visa and subsequent ILR.

Now looking to get a visitor visa for my wife's little sister, who has just turned 18; hopefully she'll be over for a 6 week holiday. Couple of questions I'm hoping for help with........

Reason to return to Thailand......shes on college hols for 2 months from March. Do you reckon a letter from her college stating this is sufficient?

Sponsor........guessing I can put myself down: I earn more than the wife!

Proof or relationship.......presumably still relevant? Will documented proof of her being related to my wife and a selection of photos of us all do the job?

Thought, comments and suggestions welcome.

Remind yourself of your wife's first visit visa.

Reason to return, appropriate accommodation and space to house your visitor and evidence of sufficient funds to absorb cost of six-week holiday and flights.

Thanks for your response. However I am really looking for some guidance on my specific questions.

Remind yourself of your wife's first visit visa.

Reason to return, appropriate accommodation and space to house your visitor and evidence of sufficient funds to absorb cost of six-week holiday and flights.

Thanks for your response. However I am really looking for some guidance on my specific questions.

The response was spot on, it's really a standard visit visa, but in response to your specific questions in more detail.

Reason to return, the letter from the college should suffice, it should detail how long she has been studying, confirm that the length of the break is the same as all the other students, how long is left on the course, she is due back on such and such date, and provide evidence that the college fees have been paid.

Either of you could sponsor if the funds are in joint names, though it might be better in your name.

Of course details of relationship should be included, photos might be the icing on the cake.

Don't forget to indicate what she would be doing for the two months and provide evidence there is accommodation available.

• Like 1