Bangkok: 9 dead, 554 hurt in 84 days of rallies

webfact

Only one man is accountable for all those victims and that is Mr.Suthep!!

Sad that respected lawyer apparently gets blinded for the corruption around them. It is/was not only Thaksin, but also Abhisit and Suthep and others. It's everywhere in Thai society. Democracy starts with the majority in the driver seat, but it is does not mean that the others in the passenger seats only watch. No, they have an active role in directing the 'vehicle' Thailand. That democratic-participation level is not yet reached in Thailand, where the the winner thinks to take ALL!

Mr. Sucharitikul, in all respect, but I have the feeling you also belong to that top-layer of the Thai society, some call it even the Bangkokian Aristocracy. That group has an "Animal-Farm" behaviour - "some animals are MORE equal than others" -, as long as that mentality is in Thailand, the democracy will not evaluate to Western standards. A solid base should be established by a good constitution that is not 100% changed with every 'coup d'etat' . Such a constitution should grow, evaluate, give equal rights to all. And in the present chaos parties should talk, negotiate, compromise and look for win-win solutions. The damage inflicted upon the Thai society and economy is already tremendous. This should stop NOW, and people should strive for that One, Unified Thailand. Chokdee

You have a very strange idea of what democracy is about.

Who cares, let's hope the Baht gets to 45 to 1 USD. Thailand is so <deleted>@#$#$ up already......I went for 6 week holiday and only spent 5 days in Thailand, I went to P.Phen, Manila and HCMC......I will not spend any more time and money in this armpit country than I have to.

Who cares, let's hope the Baht gets to 45 to 1 USD. Thailand is so <deleted>@#$#$ up already......I went for 6 week holiday and only spent 5 days in Thailand, I went to P.Phen, Manila and HCMC......I will not spend any more time and money in this armpit country than I have to.

Fortunately the world is full of people who care. If t were not the despots would be rampant. Torture and extra-judicial killings would be everywhere. And the streets wouldn't be safe. The selfish brats who don't care now would suddenly find themselves caring.

If someone tries to have you branded a murderer for trying to stop riots that had been instigated by his followers in his name, I am sure you would be pissed off too.

Suteb has done a good job of keeping the current protests peaceful. Remember that a large amount of the injuries and at least a couple of the deaths were caused by the government paid 'thugs' ( as people seem keen to call people lately ) in their cowardly hit and run attacks. The majority of the violence has been committed AGAINST the protestors, not by them.

Next you will be telling us you have proof that all this violence has been caused by others as yet I have seen no proof only accusations from those leading these disturbances Suthep should be held accountable for what is happening the people of Thailand voted for the government that was in power until a week or two ago I have yet to see millions on the streets as Suthep claimed he had demanding the government to go come 2nd February we all know who is going to win the election Suthep and his thugs will be yesterday's news as they are the minority in a country of over 70 million.

So if he is on one side you hold Suteb responsible, and yet when he is on the other side you also hold him responsible ? There's your problem !! When will your dearly beloved fugitive dictator in Dubai or his puppet sister be held responsible for their actions ??

Typical red sheeple, they believe their side can never do any wrong....

A case could be made that this is all the work of those on the political side of the coup-mongers, either directly or indirectly, regardless of which side it is perpetrated against....One only needs to ask, "whose agenda do these deaths and injuries serve?.....It certainly doesn't serve the pro-electoral and pro-Democratic agenda of the UDD/RS/PTP....They simply want a peaceful expediting of the election on Feb. 2nd....All this mayhem works against their agenda...

Another fact supporting this perspective, is that all of these deaths and injuries have not involved UDD/Red Shirts, as the coup-mongers hoped...They would loove to be able to have evidence of huge clashes between their electoral minority protesters and the majority electorate.....Keeping in mind their ongoing attempts to draw in the military...The UDD/RS have studiously avoided such contact as that would be hugely playing into the hands of the protesters

And the red shitrs in 2010 all shot themselves for political gain, you are talking <deleted> as ever..,...

I do not understand the correlation between traffic deaths and demonstrations. The article merely states how many died or sustained injuries regarding the demonstrations. Traffic casualties are in a totally different arena.

I suppose the same people would say there are more traffic accidents than fighting during a football match??

Use the brain...

There is no real connection, of course, but I too read the headline and could not help the thought popping into my head :

"that is nothing really compared to the carnage on Thai roads in a normal week." which puts it into the category of "big deal".....