MAYA mall opening today!

tangcoral

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be confused by that little Rim Ping pantry store on the third floor of Maya Mall. The real Rim Ping is in the basement and so far, we've found all our favorite Rim Ping items -- no need to go to their Airport Plaza store any more.

I'll have to tell Hubby about the 6 am opening time -- I find that hard to believe, but he's a real early bird, so he'll check it out. I wonder if it's like the 9 am opening time at Tops KSK where you really can't shop because the aisles are crowded with staff restocking the shelves and much of the produce, baked goods, meat hasn't been put on display yet.

Don't be confused by that little Rim Ping pantry store on the third floor of Maya Mall. The real Rim Ping is in the basement and so far, we've found all our favorite Rim Ping items -- no need to go to their Airport Plaza store any more.

I'll have to tell Hubby about the 6 am opening time -- I find that hard to believe, but he's a real early bird, so he'll check it out. I wonder if it's like the 9 am opening time at Tops KSK where you really can't shop because the aisles are crowded with staff restocking the shelves and much of the produce, baked goods, meat hasn't been put on display yet.

The best Rimpings were always MeeChok Plaza and the Iron Bridge branches.

Certainly agree about Meechok-very well stocked and very helpful staff if you cant find what you want; Nearly gave up of cardamom pods last week but the lady found them for me. Great addition to coffee, for me at least

• Like 1

Certainly agree about Meechok-very well stocked and very helpful staff if you cant find what you want; Nearly gave up of cardamom pods last week but the lady found them for me. Great addition to coffee, for me at least

Disagree, the Promenada one knocks them all for six. Not only can you shop there for all those wonderful goods, as per normal, you can also have breakfast (for 69 baht!), sit at the sushi bar, or the oyster bar, or the cocktail bar, or the coffee bar, or pig out in front of the bakery. Then there's the pharmacy, that health supplements bit, the little bookshop. Meechok's great (shopped there since it opened) but doesn't have a bakery even.

• Like 1

Disagree, the Promenada one knocks them all for six. Not only can you shop there for all those wonderful goods, as per normal, you can also have breakfast (for 69 baht!), sit at the sushi bar, or the oyster bar, or the cocktail bar, or the coffee bar, or pig out in front of the bakery. Then there's the pharmacy, that health supplements bit, the little bookshop. Meechok's great (shopped there since it opened) but doesn't have a bakery even.

Not all of them the one by the river is good also. The best part about it is you don't need a flashlight. the Maya has very narrow isles and even with wide aisles a lot of time it can be a challenge getting through them. Seems like the world over people get in a super market and they need to leave their cart in the middle of the aisle. Or parked side ways. Gonna be tough getting by them in Maya. I did like the idea that if you looked down the aisle you could see a sign saying what was in the aisle but at the river one you don't have to look down the aisles they have a sign in the main aisle.

Not all of them the one by the river is good also. The best part about it is you don't need a flashlight. the Maya has very narrow isles and even with wide aisles a lot of time it can be a challenge getting through them. Seems like the world over people get in a super market and they need to leave their cart in the middle of the aisle. Or parked side ways. Gonna be tough getting by them in Maya. I did like the idea that if you looked down the aisle you could see a sign saying what was in the aisle but at the river one you don't have to look down the aisles they have a sign in the main aisle.

I also think the carts are too big for the aisles. Rimping should use the small ones as are common in Supermarkets in Japan.

I also think the carts are too big for the aisles. Rimping should use the small ones as are common in Supermarkets in Japan.

If you want a bakery at meechok just cross the road to TescoLotus - 3 bakeries there.

none of those bakeries are any good. don't get hit by a car crossing the street. even Rimping baked goods are better.

I like 2 out of the 3 but I guess it depends what you are looking for, and I agree, it is better to take your bike/car than walk/run across!

none of those bakeries are any good. don't get hit by a car crossing the street. even Rimping baked goods are better.

I like 2 out of the 3 but I guess it depends what you are looking for, and I agree, it is better to take your bike/car than walk/run across!

Don't own either one and have no trouble crossing the street. Besides if I want a good bakery I will go to butter is better.

There is how ever I believe several bakeries in Maya.

• Like 1

Don't own either one and have no trouble crossing the street. Besides if I want a good bakery I will go to butter is better.

Bake your own, much better, less additives and cheaper.

Costs me about 22bht to make a loaf of bread.

Good idea-but it would cost me a lot more to buy an oven.....

• Like 2

It's a nice hobby but I think most people would see it as a low ROI (time and money). Better to buy your favourite loaf and store it in the freezer. The freezer can also be used to cut down on other food expenses and trips to the mall/grocery store.

• 5 months later...

Good idea-but it would cost me a lot more to buy an oven.....

otto convection oven 950bht. not all that expensive.

Thanks - didnt realise. Thought I would need a big oven-arm and a leg etc

Also would the wiring take the additional load?

Fully agree about the size of the grocery buggies. When i shopped with my mother back in USA and bought for the family of ten people we needed a big buggy. Here in Asia, with crowded aisles, many shoppers, etc, the tiny two tiered buggies holding the carry baskets are much superior. The logistics and management policies here seem so contrary to operational success. At Tops the clerk asks for my card and as i am fumbling for it and dumping goods onto the belt, she is waiting for me. Waiting and watching and finally sliding the card, then starts to check out the goods. In Hong Kong the card can be flashed just like the food items at any time during the process = much faster. But i am new to T'land so maybe can't see the whole picture. Of course in-efficiency means more people needed to do the same job so more are employed at a lesser level.

Fully agree about the size of the grocery buggies. When i shopped with my mother back in USA and bought for the family of ten people we needed a big buggy. Here in Asia, with crowded aisles, many shoppers, etc, the tiny two tiered buggies holding the carry baskets are much superior. The logistics and management policies here seem so contrary to operational success. At Tops the clerk asks for my card and as i am fumbling for it and dumping goods onto the belt, she is waiting for me. Waiting and watching and finally sliding the card, then starts to check out the goods. In Hong Kong the card can be flashed just like the food items at any time during the process = much faster. But i am new to T'land so maybe can't see the whole picture. Of course in-efficiency means more people needed to do the same job so more are employed at a lesser level.

I always have my card ready for when I get to the clerk.

Are you one of those who waits to see how much the bill is before you get your wallet out?

The food court is abysmal. Bad food, and not much selection. I go several times a week, and have learned to eat somewhere else before arriving.

i got food poisoning at the food court. it was quite severe and required medication.