Royal Enfield motorbikes

HOE 472

Look up on the web their dealers. If none in Thailand then get permission to import before buying (you need a few years of concurrent visas to get this) import and pay 234 % total taxes on the total cost of the bike and shipping and all agents fees if new. Proven with receipt and maybe contact with dealer.

If second hand then the customs officers make up a value based on their second hand value in Thailand how gulliable and unconnected you are then charge 234% tax on top of that and shipping and agents fees as above.

If there are any new dealers in Thailand then expect to pay 3.5 - 4 times the cost of the UK or where built.

No dealers listed in Thailand.

http://royalenfield.com/locateus/dealers/

Price of an enfield bullet is 1.48 lakh in india which ia 75.000 thb. So if you pay 250 percent on top, you might import one for 260 k thb plus tips here and there and strings lets say one will cost you around 300 k thb.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Price of an enfield bullet is 1.48 lakh in india which ia 75.000 thb. So if you pay 250 percent on top, you might import one for 260 k thb plus tips here and there and strings lets say one will cost you around 300 k thb.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You also probably have to pass an emmisions test which I understand is very very costly if you can get it.

I remember some posts in the dark and distant past regarding someone setting up a RE dealership here, sadly I believe it didn't fly due to the red tape.

Had a go on the office security guards' Bullet (right foot change) in Bangalore, would love to get one here. I'm too old and slow for a modern sports bike :(

I had a talk with the company person. They are looking for dealers in thailand but they are waiting for bikes standard testing to be over in thailand. As they have no idea when the thai government will give them green single.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had a talk with the company person. They are looking for dealers in thailand but they are waiting for bikes standard testing to be over in thailand. As they have no idea when the thai government will give them green single.

They'll get the green after they pay the green.

But just out of curiosity, given that so many of the bits and bobs on a scooter are commodities (wheels, tires, welded up steel frame, handles, foam cushions, etc), what would be the hurdles to setting up a factory here to take imported engines and assemble them with locally made and sourced commodity bits?

Seems like that may be more doable than setting up a distribution network for imported anything.

First a double post, and now messed up quotes. And it's not even Friday yet.

But my pondering still stands...

Edited by impulse

Wasn't RE bikes discussed in another thread a few months back???

THe motorbike forum had a large thread in which it was said that a person got the rights but then sat on them and another dealer had thought of taking it up but had other agency commitments.

Wasn't RE bikes discussed in another thread a few months back???

THe motorbike forum had a large thread in which it was said that a person got the rights but then sat on them and another dealer had thought of taking it up but had other agency commitments.

Correct on both counts.

I think a guy in Roi Et tried and failed to set something up. I do know of a guy in BKK who got a new one over from India. I rode it but think he couldn't get it registered over here.

The suggestion of waiting, seems to be a wise move IMO!

So you this guy got a new from india how much it costed him to import it and get it out from immigration and why he was not able to register it.

This is quite common as to register a vehicle it must pass all the tests. I believe they cost many thousand baht.

Lucky it is not Australia. Unless it is a personal import of a person who is a returning Australian who has lived outside and used the vehicle for at least a year vehicles have to have a set of tes results done in Australia that involve totally destroying about 5 vehicles.

I am trying to get some Royal Enfield to thailand the exporters in India saying that I can register it because it will be very cheap to buy in India. As it is important to for me to understand and find out if someone was able to do it. As I don't plan to use it in BKK I plan to use in CM so may be is it possible to get the registration done in CM.

I am trying to get some Royal Enfield to thailand the exporters in India saying that I can register it because it will be very cheap to buy in India. As it is important to for me to understand and find out if someone was able to do it. As I don't plan to use it in BKK I plan to use in CM so may be is it possible to get the registration done in CM.

Forget it.

Testing and registration can only be done in BKK.

As already suggested, forget it.All the savings in India disappear once in Thailand. That is why you never see them over here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You also probably have to pass an emmisions test which I understand is very very costly if you can get it.

Worse - much worse: my understanding is that the emissions test is so tough that bikes with carbs will fail invariably (and others are known to be forced to pay for another round of testing @ about 30,000 Baht.

I did that once when I moved to California and it was stupid & expensive

The Enfields have FI now, well the EU/US exports models have.

The easiest way to get one here is to go and ask Red Baron in BKK how much they estimate one will cost incl green book/plate.

I would love to have one of the 500's but I will not pay stupid money for it.

All new RE are EFI now with twin spark plugs. And thanks I will find out and ask Red Baron once things cools down in bkk as I am planning to get few and one old model.

The 500s are EFI, the 350 still uses a carburetor. The bikes that are exported to the US, Canada and UK/Europe are given superior paint, chrome, switchgear, stainless steel spokes, cables and tyres which will go some way towards the more expensive price in Western countries.

Only three things are different in domestic and international models all the bikes coming out of the new plant is top in the quality domestic and international.

Only three things are different in domestic and international models all the bikes coming out of the new plant is top in the quality domestic and international.

And those three things are?

• Like 1

A little of topic but I actually rode a RE 500 from Goa to Trivandrum the State capital of Kerala and back to Goa !

A long journey during which I experienced no mechanical problems and only one puncture !

Edit

spelling !

Edited by Sceptict11