Polish girl dies after falling from luxury hotel in Bangkok

webfact

RIP to the young lady. My prayers are with her family, and I hope they have a supportive and loving group of friends back home who will help them through this terrible time. Too sad for words.

• Like 1

RIP. My thoughts are with the family.

Its a shame they couldnt get the spelling of the name right though. Either they have splelt it wrong or she isnt Polish because the spelling given isnt Polish.

Edited by Shuggy

I live in a rented apartment (16th floor) and because it is small my king sized bed is positioned pressed into the window wall. From the top of the bed to the actual window opening its no more than 20cm (and the bed isn't that high to begin with). Window is very big and wide.

I can totally see someone, even not drunk, just losing balance while standing on the bed, or by assuming there is a wall while the curtains are closed.

If my apartment is any indication, it is no wonder that so many people fall from high buildings.

RIP and my condolences to the family.

But Huh? Since when was the Bangkok Palace Hotel a luxury hotel? Its a garbage hotel run by a garbage thai chinese family who are ever so rude to guests.

4 star rating and good reviews make it garbage? What is a garbage chinese family? Is that another occupation they have or what? Slander suit coming soon.

I live in a rented apartment (16th floor) and because it is small my king sized bed is positioned pressed into the window wall. From the top of the bed to the actual window opening its no more than 20cm (and the bed isn't that high to begin with). Window is very big and wide.

I can totally see someone, even not drunk, just losing balance while standing on the bed, or by assuming there is a wall while the curtains are closed.

If my apartment is any indication, it is no wonder that so many people fall from high buildings.

So if you know it why not fix it? I just purchased a condo and the same thing, the bed is up against the wall. The room is small so I don't have room to move it to another position. I have a 3 year old and I can see how easy it would be for the child to go through the window. I took the handy man with me to the building materials supply shop to show him what I wanted. I am looking to remove the bed so my child will be lower and have less chance of being close to the window and I will have child proof locking mechanism installed so the window cannot be opened so easially. I want to prevent an accident before anything happens. Why not follow my lead?

The windows on highrise towers should not be able to be opened...

They usually require a key....so maybe she pushed too hard.....

Condolences to her family....

In the norm "Luxury Hotels in Thailand, don't have windows that you can open and or fall out of... This place aint no LUXURY hotel. Go and check it out... More like a hole. May she rest in peace.402.gif

There are a lot of people who fall out of windows in Thailand, Do they keep records, and do any actually get investigated and recommendations towards better safety, After years of seeing reports like this and all the innuendos, about people being pushed and drunk, it can only harm Thailand reputations further. If this continues. The Genuine accidents all get tared with the same brush. Accidents do happen look at Eric Claptons Son.

Edited by Thongkorn

MJP, on 23 Jan 2014 - 19:01, said:MJP, on 23 Jan 2014 - 19:01, said:

Very sad to go so young.

Balcony rail heights need to be reviewed in developments here.

At this Hotel are there any Balconies ?

Think not, but could be wong.

Win

P.S. Rest In Peace dear Lady

Edited by Kan Win

This does sound like an accident. Who would want to kill a 12 year old? The Thais aren't as safety conscious as farang countries so it is possible the window wasn't safe to open. I wish tourists would be strongly warned that there are many dangers here that they just take for granted at home so they need to have their wits about them at all times. Very sad for her so young.

Who would kill a 12 year old? How about a scum bag that raped her and then panicked and tried to cover it up. Many explanations possible, but I doubt anyone will ever know for sure what happened because life is cheap in Thailand, especially a foreign life. Speaks volumes and is perhaps part of why Thailand is such a mess today.

eerrr right, Thailand is a mess because a girl fell out the window . It happens everywhere, even USA. Have some respect for the deceased and take your hidden agenda elsewhere

RIP young one

No, Thailand is a mess because there is little respect for life or the law, the BiB is corrupt, and the BiB rathe label deaths of foreigners as accidents than actually waste time investigating the matter. This mentality pervades most aspects of Thai society and in the undertone or a cause of political mess and protests Thailand experiences every two years.

RE: Respect

An indident like this would be investigated properly in the US because the US would respect the dead girl's rights and her family. Thailand's manner of handling situations like this shows zero respect for anything.

• Like 2

RIP and my condolences to the family.

But Huh? Since when was the Bangkok Palace Hotel a luxury hotel? Its a garbage hotel run by a garbage thai chinese family who are ever so rude to guests.

---------------------------

Be careful, the Tourist Authority Of Thailand will sue for slandering the name of their "luxury" Hotel.

If TAT says it is "luxury", then it is "luxury".

Google Bangkok Palace Hotel trip advisor and you get a sense of how luxurious this place really is.

No, Thailand is a mess because there is little respect for life or the law, the BiB is corrupt, and the BiB rathe label deaths of foreigners as accidents than actually waste time investigating the matter. This mentality pervades most aspects of Thai society and in the undertone or a cause of political mess and protests Thailand experiences every two years.

No, it's you who want to bring politics in to the issue. It was an accident, get over it.

No, it's you who want to bring politics in to the issue. It was an accident, get over it.

Oh come on . . . No tourist are ever murdered in Thailand as that would be bad for tourism, except Michelle Smith but that was caught on cctv . . . so hard to rule that one an accident or suicide.

How many young healthy kids have just died in the sleep in hotels in Chang Mai and Phi Phi for instance. All ruled accidents or unexplained. That poor family from Quebec that lost their 20 year old daughters in Phi Phi and the wonderful BiB tried to initially blame their bleeding from eyes, noses and mouths on alcohol combined with over the counter NDAIDs.

What about the poor Chinese girl in Phuket that was beaten, raped and left for dead . . . BiB said the drowned, but I suppose she beat herself in the head with a rock right before she drowned. I remember a young guy coming out of store and died from a knife wound to his throat . . . ruled an accident. I could go on and on and on with many "accident" examples, but what is the use. People like you put their head in the sand or worse no matter what the truth.

Then again we have the foreign young girls that are raped. They treated real well also. Their pictures show up in the newspapers, but their attackers pictures are edited to protect their identity. Most of those are never investigated or ruled consensual.

That being said, if she was 12 and the sister was in the room when it happened (which cannot be gleaned from OP), I agree horrible accident for which the hotel should be civilly liable. Sad part is one just never knows what is true and life is cheap in Thailand.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

She was only 12. ( born 19 March 2001 - there is picture of her passport on certain thai site )

Do you mean the Bangkok Post? There's nothing stopping posters discussing the BP's stories but not to copy and paste quotes from the paper.

Anyway, I had a look at their website and didn't see a photo of the victim's passport just that she was reported to be 12 years old.

Edited by wooloomooloo

No, it's you who want to bring fatality to the issue. It was caused by lack of safety, get over it.

Here's a quote from an unhappy customer review on Tripadvisor who noticed the windows weren't safe in 2008:

"We experienced a lot of nosie and upon investiagation found that we could not close the window fully because the window lock was broken, surprised that the windows could be opened fully which is totally unacceptable if young children are staying in the room."