Red Shirt leader announces nationwide mass rally on Jan 29

webfact

3 days before the election that will never take place ...these guys are really smart!!!!!

Psstttt!!! I hate to tell you this, but the election is already happening. Thais overseas have voted, Advance voting is Sunday. don't tell Mr. Suthep though, He thinks he's winning!!

Sorry, i didn't keep up the info. I thought the EC has mentioned even the 2 feb election is executed but they still will not has enough seats to form a government.

Is it? If so, does it matter anymore whether the feb 2 election is on or off?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 days before the election that will never take place ...these guys are really smart!!!!!

Psstttt!!! I hate to tell you this, but the election is already happening. Thais overseas have voted, Advance voting is Sunday. don't tell Mr. Suthep though, He thinks he's winning!!

Sorry, i didn't keep up the info. I thought the EC has mentioned even the 2 feb election is executed but they still will not has enough seats to form a government.

Is it? If so, does it matter anymore whether the feb 2 election is on or off?

By-elections will look after any unfilled seats...It matters that the election is on or off....It is basically seen as a Coup being on or off by the electoral majority...Who are already incensed at the efforts to nullify their votes in the last election.....The losers of that election wanting a do-over is not appreciated.

• Like 1

Rubbish! The UDD and associated Red Shirts are peace loving citizens anxious to avoid confrontation with the vicious, yellow thugs led by Suthep.whistling.gif

You want to tempt me and others to believe, that you mean what you write??? Nice try, though...

Same, same as Thida et al, who over-estimate our intelligence with such talking,- we might think, she really believes what she says...

About the demonstration on 29th, I guess we have to make sure that red-shirts and farmes are not getting too close to each other. And that includes the Benz-lovers aka "White Shirts" as well, who in fact only used too much detergent on their red shirts.

Suthep had (6) million marchers at his rally ! cheesy.gif

Also the democrats received only (8) Million votes in the 2011 election. (5) million votes less then the winners PTP.

Bring on the election and may the best Woman win! giggle.gif

Cheers

Reasonable true .. but that was the LAST election BEFORE fxxking over 80% of their traditional electorate (rice farmers )

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We will see what happens on election day!

if you take off your yellow colored glasses you would have noticed that the old power structure has placed many legal huddles for the government to get money to pay the rice farmers. As my wifes family are all rice farmers, and yes they were upset with the governments failure to pay for their rice, Glad to say many at our village were paid for their rice crop, including the vast majority of our family!

But make no mistake the people know who made life better for then in the last 13 years, TRT,PPP,and PTP for providing affordable and quality health care for all citizens, village-managed micro credit funds, One tambon One product program, a 25% raise in the minimum wage and many other programs. The vast infrastructure improvement in the villages, paved roads, dams, that are visible to all in our rural area. The rice farmers were paid a great price for their rice,

People in the rural areas have seen a lot of progress in the last decade, due to the power of their vote!.

It isn't over till the pretty lady sings, "I won again"!giggle.gif

]

Cheers

• Like 1

That's rich. They will demonstrate elsewhere because Bangkok is covered by a state of emergency. They'll go to sections of the country where their protest will be completely immune ! Needless to say, any mass gatherings of red shirt protesters would never inspire an emergency decree as they are never ever violent.

" He also urged army chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha to clarify his remarks that the military is ready to take action if situation turns violent. "
Why the clarification ? Why wouldn't the military intervene if it's violent ? Or is he implying that violence that's only directed at the protesters isn't reason enough to intervene ? Surely he's not implying that protesters would set fire to buildings, because - really - who would do that ? So what does he mean ?
Why is the UDD such an intensely creepy organization ?

The government, the white shirts, the candle lighters, the academics, the "respect my vote" people, the red shirts, the silent majority... It seems that nearly everyone wants elections.

Suthep should realise that he is fighting against the whole country. Not only Yingluck and Thaksin...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The government, the white shirts, the candle lighters, the academics, the "respect my vote" people, the red shirts, the silent majority... It seems that nearly everyone wants elections.

Suthep should realise that he is fighting against the whole country. Not only Yingluck and Thaksin...

Aren't the white shirts. Candle lighters. Respect my vote. Red shirts. All the same the PR arm of the Government!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/thailand-regime-scrambles-to-rebrand-red-shirts-to-white-shirts/5364400

post-195835-13904997372968_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Also the democrats received only (8) Million votes in the 2011 election. (5) million votes less then the winners PTP.

Cheers

Reasonable true .. but that was the LAST election BEFORE fxxking over 80% of their traditional electorate (rice farmers )

if you take off your yellow colored glasses you would have noticed that the old power structure has placed many legal huddles for the government to get money to pay the rice farmers. As my wifes family are all rice farmers, and yes they were upset with the governments failure to pay for their rice, Glad to say many at our village were paid for their rice crop, including the vast majority of our family!

But make no mistake the people know who made life better for then in the last 13 years, TRT,PPP,and PTP for providing affordable and quality health care for all citizens, village-managed micro credit funds, One tambon One product program, a 25% raise in the minimum wage and many other programs. The vast infrastructure improvement in the villages, paved roads, dams, that are visible to all in our rural area. The rice farmers were paid a great price for their rice,

People in the rural areas have seen a lot of progress in the last decade, due to the power of their vote!.

]

Cheers

OK

I'll bite .. what legal hurdles?

Also might I ask what province do your family live in?

Edited by casualbiker

Aren't the white shirts. Candle lighters. Respect my vote. Red shirts. All the same the PR arm of the Government!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/thailand-regime-scrambles-to-rebrand-red-shirts-to-white-shirts/5364400

Some are undoubtedly but there are a lot that arnt either Dem or PTP that want their vote respected, you can try to spin it how you like there is only one group opposed to elections in this country and they are not even close to the majority.

PTP are far from the only ones standing in this election just because the dems choose not to take part dosn't mean those other minority parties should not have a voice. Not sure exactly how many but the different parties taking part number in double figures,

Really irritating for people to assume there are is only PTP and Dem as a choice or that if one of them decides to boycott all the others must forgo an election. How dare these protesting demagogues think they have the right to silence those voices

Cheers

]

Cheers

I live in an all red farming district (last time) Yesterday I had to do a trip of just over 100km thousand's of posters for Yingluck line the Soi's, 90% of same having been defaced or just smashed to the ground and they still like her ??? Not to mention they wont be able to form a government even if they win so where do we go from here.

I also have several friend's that don't work anymore because the place's they worked in cant afford the 300bt a day and have closed down, yet another great policy from the let's take all we can mob at the top.

The way she's going 'the fat lady' she'll be lucky to hum a tune in the end.

Edited by fredob43

I live in an all red farming district (last time) Yesterday I had to do a trip of just over 100km thousand's of posters for Yingluck line the Soi's, 90% of same having been defaced or just smashed to the ground and they still like her ??? Not to mention they wont be able to form a government even if they win so where do we go from here.

I also have several friend's that don't work anymore because the place's they worked in cant afford the 300bt a day and have closed down, yet another great policy from the let's take all we can mob at the top.

The way she's going 'the fat lady' she'll be lucky to hum a tune in the end.

Just to add that Yingluck's picture is also often defaced, on the PTP election-banners along the roadside, in the area outside Chiang Mai where I live. And that there are fewer party-banners, than in previous elections, and also very few red-banners flying, attached to road-signs & lamp-posts.

Last time it was the Dems' posters, and Abhisit's face, which had received similar treatment.

And this is an area where the Reds usually poll a majority, and which is close to the S-clan's home territory, there must be some disillusioned former-supporters even up here. whistling.gif

Pity that the Dems hadn't decided to stand, as I believe they ought to have done, they might actually have won or formed a governing-coalition, and been able to carry-out their reforms post-election, if all the other parties had been willing to join the process. facepalm.gif

It will be interesting to see how many of the faithful show up to the UDDs' rallies, apart from Rak Chiang Mai 51, of course.

Some are undoubtedly but there are a lot that arnt either Dem or PTP that want their vote respected, you can try to spin it how you like there is only one group opposed to elections in this country and they are not even close to the majority.

PTP are far from the only ones standing in this election just because the dems choose not to take part dosn't mean those other minority parties should not have a voice. Not sure exactly how many but the different parties taking part number in double figures,

Really irritating for people to assume there are is only PTP and Dem as a choice or that if one of them decides to boycott all the others must forgo an election. How dare these protesting demagogues think they have the right to silence those voices

How many times have anti-government/PTP/Thaksin groups come out and immediately been labelled "yellow shirts"?

"Multi-coloured shirt", "Guy Fawkes masks", "PRDC"

All pro-government/Thaksin posters on TV consistently refer to the "yellow shirts".

The red shirts have publicly said they're putting on white shirts now and had their candle lighting "protests".

Cheers

Parties Constituency Proportional TOTAL
Votes % Seats Votes % Seats Seats %
Pheu Thai 12,211,604 44.3 204 15,744,190 48.41 61 265 53.0%
Democrat 8,907,140 32.3 115 11,433,762 35.15 44 159 31.8%

Hello there !

I think you're (like a few other people) trying to say that the electoral system is unfair, because Phue Thai's percentage of the seats in parliament is greater than the percentage of the vote they got from the electorate.

We have to bear in mind that in Britain, if a party gets 44 % of the vote, well, they will most likely have a big majority in Parliament. The system is "first pass the post", and not "proportional representation". Now, off-course, there was a referendum in Britain about electoral reform not so long ago. And basically, most people voted to NOT change the voting system. :)

You guys are so right. The reds have no support other than a few farmers who are too thick to deserve the right to vote.

Thaksin is the anti-christ responsible for everything bad in Thailand.

Suthep is the greatest man alive, who will save Thailand.

The government are on the brink of defeat and Yingluck and every other Shiniwatra, friends and pets will be getting on the next flight to Dubai.

Have I forgotten anything?

Man, you're being sarcastic. But, some people genuinely believe this stuff !! :)

Edited by tonbridgebrit

Cheers

Hello there !

I think you're (like a few other people) trying to say that the electoral system is unfair, because Phue Thai's percentage of the seats in parliament is greater than the percentage of the vote they got from the electorate.

We have to bear in mind that in Britain, if a party gets 44 % of the vote, well, they will most likely have a big majority in Parliament. The system is "first pass the post", and not "proportional representation". Now, off-course, there was a referendum in Britain about electoral reform not so long ago. And basically, most people voted to NOT change the voting system. smile.png

No. I'm not trying to say that at all.

The fact that a party can get into government with less than 50% of the national vote is just part of the parliamentary (representative) system. People vote for a candidate to represent them in parliament. So, although the the total national vote is an indicator of the overall support for a party, the important thing is that the voters have elected their own candidate to represent them. (Yes, it's not as simple as that in reality)

But I do prefer the Australian system of Preferential Voting, where you vote isn't wasted if you vote for a smaller party. You can specify your preferences if your first (and subsequent) vote is for parties that don't get enough votes. It's effectively a run-off vote so that you know that the person elected is preferred by the majority of voters (ie > 50%). At the moment, for example, most voters in a constituency may prefer the Democrats over PTP, but they decide to vote for smaller parties instead. Then PTP beat the Democrats by a couple of percent and win the seat with say 32% of the vote compared to 29% for Democrats. With preference voting, the votes for other parties are given to 2nd (then 3rd, 4th etc) preferences until a party has a clear majority (> 50%) of the vote.

If their Demonstration is anything like the washout "Respect My Vote" one that they have here in Chiang Mai then I don't expect more than a dozen people.

I drive past everyday and never see more than 3 or 4 people there. Very sad spectacle indeed.

You guys are so right. The reds have no support other than a few farmers who are too thick to deserve the right to vote.

Thaksin is the anti-christ responsible for everything bad in Thailand.

Suthep is the greatest man alive, who will save Thailand.

The government are on the brink of defeat and Yingluck and every other Shiniwatra, friends and pets will be getting on the next flight to Dubai.

Have I forgotten anything?

Yes, close the door on you´r way out.

And turn off the lights, check you turned the iron off and don't forget to put the key under the front door mat.

Shouldn't Khun Thida, and her fellow sub-leaders at the UDD, be campaigning in support of the poor unpaid rice-farmers, cheated by the government running-defaults & failed promises-to-pay ? wink.png

You're right but don't ask a red leader to bite the hand that feeds them. The leaders will never turn against their master.

• Like 2

"Red Shirt leader announces nationwide mass rally on Jan 29"

But, but, but I thought "Under the emergency decree invoked on Wednesday, the caretaker government yesterday banned public gatherings of five or more people". cheesy.gif

Maybe it will be classified as a "legal " rally / demonstration!!!

"Red Shirt leader announces nationwide mass rally on Jan 29"

But, but, but I thought "Under the emergency decree invoked on Wednesday, the caretaker government yesterday banned public gatherings of five or more people". cheesy.gif

Maybe it will be classified as a "legal " rally / demonstration!!!

Good point.

Of course it will as it is in the interest of the government.

Now that's fair, no ?

That's rich. They will demonstrate elsewhere because Bangkok is covered by a state of emergency. They'll go to sections of the country where their protest will be completely immune ! Needless to say, any mass gatherings of red shirt protesters would never inspire an emergency decree as they are never ever violent.

" He also urged army chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha to clarify his remarks that the military is ready to take action if situation turns violent. "

Why the clarification ? Why wouldn't the military intervene if it's violent ? Or is he implying that violence that's only directed at the protesters isn't reason enough to intervene ? Surely he's not implying that protesters would set fire to buildings, because - really - who would do that ? So what does he mean ?

Why is the UDD such an intensely creepy organization ?

Because they're corruption is absolute, their web of lies is all they have, and they all know it. Must be messing with their heads.

Cheers

Finally got you to do some research, your may not be a total loss.

My figures are different, but no matter how you look at it it was a "landslide victory for PTP."

PTP- 48.41% Democrats-35,15%

Seats won 263 162

Seat gain +78 -14

Total seats won per region

Bangkok 10 23

Central 41 25

South 0 50

North 49 I3

Issan 103 5

Party list 61 44

It is quite clear where the bulk of the population resides and where the political voting power is,

Bangkok and the South total 83 seats, the Isaan alone has 108!

Cheers