Just Moved to Lad Phrao/Lat Phrao What to do here?

crazyguyinthailand

Any muay thai gyms here? I've seen people jogging looking like muay thai fighters. so I know there should be a couple here?oh and another ting: Any blind massage here?(Massage by blind people)?

the muay thai gym is just 100 meters from your apartmentlaugh.png i think its soi 130/1 or 2

Haha Yeah I know I've met the muay thai guys jogging around the area. thanx :)

How much are rents around that way, seems ok

There's a subway station around there now or not?

Lad Phrao MRT Station.

I have a really nice one room. for 5000 baht/Month. if you need bigger space and want to live really good for 10000 Baht/Month you get a nice apartment here smile.png

Can you post pics of your 5k room? Just curious what you get for that price.

RE CrazyGuyInThailand

I was going to attempt to respond to your request for info. I've recently relocated to Ladprao 130 and am also interested in "fitness." However, my thought to try to assist you now is a request from me to you.

I am one of the guys running every single day out here, and then along the river. But I do see other guys just behind Ladprao 130/1 and have no idea where or who they are; they run in a fairly narrow area. If there is a muay thai group around here I dont know about it, and think I would like to. I am also across from 130/1/2.

Bangkapi Mall is actually walking distance from here, and there is a fitnes first gym there. I just recalled the Rahamkapaeng University has access to many different programs, for very, very low cost- Muay Thai, gym, misc sports, gymnastics, gun shooting, etc. I visited this as checked it out last month. From Ladprao you could take motor bike or walk along river to 65, then cross- its walking distance.

Lad Phrao MRT Station.

I have a really nice one room. for 5000 baht/Month. if you need bigger space and want to live really good for 10000 Baht/Month you get a nice apartment here smile.png

Think Away the TV, watches and all the small stuff. You see the fridge, bed, curtains, and furniture. notice the floor too. I'm living small but good life. my apartment before was really harsh, next to a main road, traffic all night, ants all over the place if i dropped a micro piece of sugar or food on the floor, noisy air-con. super-small room. hopefully my next apartment, or the one after that will be as nice as this one but bigger. I don't want to pay more than 10.000 Baht/Month.

post-198208-0-14056300-1391628492_thumb.

post-198208-0-98517400-1391628504_thumb.

Thanks

Useful info to know. I assume unfurnished when you move in i.e. long term rental not 3 months or so?

Hi. not unfurnished(see pictures I attached up) but yes you are right I didn't pay long term rent but I gave a deposit of 9000 baht. and yes If I want to have that back I have to stay over 3 months before I decide to move.

RE CrazyGuyInThailand

I was going to attempt to respond to your request for info. I've recently relocated to Ladprao 130 and am also interested in "fitness." However, my thought to try to assist you now is a request from me to you.

I am one of the guys running every single day out here, and then along the river. But I do see other guys just behind Ladprao 130/1 and have no idea where or who they are; they run in a fairly narrow area. If there is a muay thai group around here I dont know about it, and think I would like to. I am also across from 130/1/2.

Bangkapi Mall is actually walking distance from here, and there is a fitnes first gym there. I just recalled the Rahamkapaeng University has access to many different programs, for very, very low cost- Muay Thai, gym, misc sports, gymnastics, gun shooting, etc. I visited this as checked it out last month. From Ladprao you could take motor bike or walk along river to 65, then cross- its walking distance.

Hi Man. nice to hear.

Woow those uni things seems interesting, I want to learn gymnastics and shoot archery and stuff I heard they had a lot of activities.

There is a muaythai gym really close. I heard it was close and were out walking when I found it.

Whats really helpful in a big mega city as Bangkok is GPS map in Mobile. to many sois to remember in the head. I bought a Nokia for 3800 baht with free gps map checking. there you can also check if the taxi driver is taking you straight where you want to go. or if he decides to let the taxa-meter run more(I got a modern phone very late and I learned from my mistake now. on the same street further down to the river there is a internet cafe 10 baht for 1 hour. walk more down is the Muslim mosque and our beautiful paradise blue river thumbsup.gif

http://www.muaythaisasiprapa.com/

401 Soi Ladprao 130 Klongchan Bangkapi Bangkok 10240 Thailand

Also, crazyguyinthailand, Ramhkapaeng University also has a small area where there is a massage shop. Seemed non commercial. I was brought there by car so can't confirm details but just inside premises. There is a blind (or multiple) masseur there. At the time I declined. I've since heard what you've noted. So, hope that answers another point for you. All within walk or short motorbike of LP 130 or Ramhkaepaeng 81 (same street).

Thanks

Useful info to know. I assume unfurnished when you move in i.e. long term rental not 3 months or so?

Hi. not unfurnished(see pictures I attached up) but yes you are right I didn't pay long term rent but I gave a deposit of 9000 baht. and yes If I want to have that back I have to stay over 3 months before I decide to move.

Hi

Thanks for the info, looks pretty decent to me

You paid 9K deposit and then your monthly rent and providing you stay minimum 3 months you get your deposit back? Sounds reasonable

I just wanted to see how many 2-3 month type places were around as may be using some through the year. Do you pay utilities on top?

Lad Phrao MRT Station.

Think Away the TV, watches and all the small stuff. You see the fridge, bed, curtains, and furniture. notice the floor too. I'm living small but good life. my apartment before was really harsh, next to a main road, traffic all night, ants all over the place if i dropped a micro piece of sugar or food on the floor, noisy air-con. super-small room. hopefully my next apartment, or the one after that will be as nice as this one but bigger. I don't want to pay more than 10.000 Baht/Month.

Nothing wrong with that place. Looks pretty good for 5k. I've seen a lot worse.

Lad Phrao MRT Station.

Nothing wrong with that place. Looks pretty good for 5k. I've seen a lot worse.

sorry guys I'm,out traveling. Trying to answer from my phone. But this htlm stuff came up. There is also a swimming pool and a tiny gym in the building Edited by crazyguyinthailand

Subway station has been there for a good few years now.

The Lat Phrao MRT station opened in April 2004........so yes nearly 10 years.

If you stay there long enough a new monorail line will built from about mid 2015, opening in 2019! It will run down Lat Phrao rd to Bangkapi and then south to the Airport line. Later, it will be extended down to Samrong to link with the BTS in Samut Prakhan.

http://www.mrta-yellowline.com/

Don't expect to find cheap rentals once it opens.......

I live in Bang Kapi also, Ramkhamhaeng 44; a little south of where Ram/LadPhrao/SriNakarindra all come together; near Mall BangKapi. Many things to do in the area. 2 cinemas at the mall, plenty of decent restaurants around. BangKapi market is large and quite interesting. There is a floating market up Ram around soi 187, went there this past weekend, definitely worth the visit.

Lad Phrao MRT is a bit far from you, but the San Saeb canal is very close and you can get near to Central World for something like 22 baht. It has many stops along the way ie Ramkhamhaeng University, Airport Link, Asoke Rd (@Petchiburi MRT), etc.

My condo (Lumpini Ville Ram 44) is quite nice, been here over 2 years. Tall building, 24 floors, has a large pool, sauna, nice fitness room. On first level, there are several laundry facilities, dry clean shop, coffee shop, 24 hr family mart, massage shop, barber shop..... And the security here is top notch and very diligent and professional. Studios rent for about 8K, 1 bedrooms (40sqm) for 10-13K depending on floor, 2 bedrooms are 20K+ (and rare). Plenty of great food soi's to the north and south.

Welcome to the area......

Edited by tjhorner
  • Like 1

I live in Bang Kapi also, Ramkhamhaeng 44; a little south of where Ram/LadPhrao/SriNakarindra all come together; near Mall BangKapi. Many things to do in the area. 2 cinemas at the mall, plenty of decent restaurants around. BangKapi market is large and quite interesting. There is a floating market up Ram around soi 187, went there this past weekend, definitely worth the visit.

Lad Phrao MRT is a bit far from you, but the San Saeb canal is very close and you can get near to Central World for something like 22 baht. It has many stops along the way ie Ramkhamhaeng University, Airport Link, Asoke Rd (@Petchiburi MRT), etc.

My condo (Lumpini Ville Ram 44) is quite nice, been here over 2 years. Tall building, 24 floors, has a large pool, sauna, nice fitness room. On first level, there are several laundry facilities, dry clean shop, coffee shop, 24 hr family mart, massage shop, barber shop..... And the security here is top notch and very diligent and professional. Studios rent for about 8K, 1 bedrooms (40sqm) for 10-13K depending on floor, 2 bedrooms are 20K+ (and rare). Plenty of great food soi's to the north and south.

Welcome to the area......

plenty of decent restaurants around.

Please name them and where are they?

BangKapi market is large and quite interesting.

Lets be honest here, the talat BangKapi stinks to high heaven on a good day, gawd forbid you should ever find yourself in the one on HappyLand.

Yes Panthip Plaza 2 is ok, as is N Mark Plaza, IT Plaza and thats about it

Depends on what your looking for but here's a few that I enjoy:

The Red Ant on Srinagarindra just north of Hwy 7. A little upscale, Thai cuisine.

Sinthorn Steak House on Ramkhamheang near soi 85, opposite soi 42. Outdoor bbq, good prices, a lot of muslim clientele or maybe muslim owned, so no pork or beer. Have a new store at front that sells fairly decent quality beef also.

El Mariachi Taquera on Srinagarindra out towards Seacon Square; I believe to be the best in BKK, best guacamole for sure.

Lighthouse Pub and Restuarant off Seri Thai road beside the small lake. Food is ok, atmosphere is nice, good beer specials; usually buy one get one Carlsbergs.

Fourwings Hotel does a good international buffet, they also have a good Chinese restaurant with excellent dimsum. But best of all is the bar, Beer Capital BKK, Guiness and Hoegarden on tap, and probably 15-20 imports in bottle, few ciders too.

Seoul Grille hahaha..... my gf's favorite of lately...... But if you like Japanese/Korean BBQ, Nikuya in Seacon is really good; part of the Oishi Group.

Lets be honest here, the talat BangKapi stinks to high heaven on a good day, gawd forbid you should ever find yourself in the one on HappyLand.

talat BangKapi is a noseful on occasion, but I go at least once or twice a week for fish/seafood, fruits, and veggies. Never been to the one on HappyLand didn't know it even existed.

You sound a little bitter.........maybe its time for a change of scenery!!!

Cheers

• Like 1

The Red Ant on Srinagarindra just north of Hwy 7. A little upscale, Thai cuisine.

Sinthorn Steak House on Ramkhamheang near soi 85, opposite soi 42. Outdoor bbq, good prices, a lot of muslim clientele or maybe muslim owned, so no pork or beer. Have a new store at front that sells fairly decent quality beef also.

El Mariachi Taquera on Srinagarindra out towards Seacon Square; I believe to be the best in BKK, best guacamole for sure.

Lighthouse Pub and Restuarant off Seri Thai road beside the small lake. Food is ok, atmosphere is nice, good beer specials; usually buy one get one Carlsbergs.

Fourwings Hotel does a good international buffet, they also have a good Chinese restaurant with excellent dimsum. But best of all is the bar, Beer Capital BKK, Guiness and Hoegarden on tap, and probably 15-20 imports in bottle, few ciders too.

Seoul Grille hahaha..... my gf's favorite of lately...... But if you like Japanese/Korean BBQ, Nikuya in Seacon is really good; part of the Oishi Group.

talat BangKapi is a noseful on occasion, but I go at least once or twice a week for fish/seafood, fruits, and veggies. Never been to the one on HappyLand didn't know it even existed.

Cheers

Thanks for taking the time to reply, always good to hear of other options.

Correct, I should have included a couple of smilies, I think its great out this way, maybe just take things for granted and forget whats available within travelling distance.

From above,

1, never been in it but driven past it.

2. agreed been in there a few times.

3, agreed the mrs and I both enjoy eating there.

4, been there a couple of times, nothing special IMHO.

5 & 6 not the type of food the mrs or I enjoy.

I enjoy (weather permitting) the outdoor seafood place at the back of the football stadium.

Also enjoy the seafood at Ban Chan Krung just before Seri Thai 95, indoor/outdoor eating, the wooden buildings are amazing, very popular especially at weekends.

Chocolate Ville is just a short taxi ride away and well worth a visit.

There are a couple of places at the back of Paradise Park we enjoy going to sorry cant remember the names, I did notice a couple of Japanese/Korean type places there in the ground floor of Paradise Park.

Cheers

Correct, I should have included a couple of smilies, I think its great out this way, maybe just take things for granted and forget whats available within travelling distance.

From above,

I enjoy (weather permitting) the outdoor seafood place at the back of the football stadium.

Also enjoy the seafood at Ban Chan Krung just before Seri Thai 95, indoor/outdoor eating, the wooden buildings are amazing, very popular especially at weekends.

There are a couple of places at the back of Paradise Park we enjoy going to sorry cant remember the names, I did notice a couple of Japanese/Korean type places there in the ground floor of Paradise Park.

Thanks for the tips about Ban Chan Krung; will definitely check it out.

The gf and I have been to Chocolate Ville a few times, New Years being the latest...... Its a nice place also and enjoy the atmosphere.

Again thanks for the tips!!!!

Cheers

From above,

Thanks for the tips about Ban Chan Krung; will definitely check it out.

The gf and I have been to Chocolate Ville a few times, New Years being the latest...... Its a nice place also and enjoy the atmosphere.

Again thanks for the tips!!!!

Where will you take your gf on valentines day? facepalm.gif