Six measures announced by CMPO chief Chalerm

webfact

Six measures...... wonder if that's three doubles or two triples?

On a more sober note it does rather appear as if Chalerm has been cribbing from the Hun Sen Pocket Guide To Democracy. Or should I say his boss has.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same measures announced every time a state of emergency is declared? correct me if I'm wrong.

You are not wrong.. Just this lot bring them in, in dribs and drabs.

the assemble one means that there can be no vote canvassing or actually election booths in the areas of the SOE

And in fact i think that was one of the reasons for the SOE in the first place.. but Mr ear medicine forgot until today!

Edited by casualbiker

"2. ...News publicity and distribution of newspapers and other publications that will cause public panic or distort information about the emergency situation affecting the peace and order and good morality cannot be done...."

Yes, now we control what people are allowed to read in Bangkok, just like in Issan,

Mission Accomplished; in the best Thaksonian manner!

• Like 2

Same measures announced every time a state of emergency is declared? correct me if I'm wrong.

the assemble one means that there can be no vote canvassing or actually election booths in the areas of the SOE

And in fact i think that was one of the reasons for the SOE in the first place.. but Mr ear medicine forgot until today!

Isn't the other way around? You can canvass but there can be no protest in the areas where the election booths are?

• Like 1

Isn't the other way around? You can canvass but there can be no protest in the areas where the election booths are?

You can canvas as long as you don't exceed 5 people. You can have a voting booth as long as the people at the voting booth don't exceed 5 people .. how's that going to work then?

Because what actually makes a legal demonstration? It's not as if you have to get a permit. Like in Cambodia!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

I can't even read that.

Where are the places that people can't gather? So if you have a wife and three kids, someone has to move out?

3-5, what the hell is that supposed to mean? I am sure everyone here thinks they can figure it out, but if we started posting what we think, it won't be long before we see that we all have different ideas (and start fighting probably).

And #6 doesn't sound like a criteria, its sounds like a comment on the FIVE criteria!

I hope this is just another case of a kindergartener writing articles for the Nation and the actual comments are more lucid than that. But maybe Chalerm was drunk. How can we tell anymore!! facepalm.gif

• Like 1

RT@tulsathit: Not to be overshadowed by other developments, Chalerm has called protesters something along the line of "barbarians".

Translated to English it means Thugs cheesy.gif

For once I agree with you. Chalerm accusing somebody else of being a thug is hilarious.

Next thing you know he will accuse their mother and father of having poor parenting skills.

Well, he may have announced six measures, but if the latest news is accurate, they are six illegal measures. The State of Emergency was supposedly made illegally so the six measures aren't worth the hot air that made them.

The only 6 measures worth anything are the 6 measure's of single malt he poured himself prior to coming up with these "orders"

• Like 1

I can't even read that.

Where are the places that people can't gather? So if you have a wife and three kids, someone has to move out?

3-5, what the hell is that supposed to mean? I am sure everyone here thinks they can figure it out, but if we started posting what we think, it won't be long before we see that we all have different ideas (and start fighting probably).

And #6 doesn't sound like a criteria, its sounds like a comment on the FIVE criteria!

No farangs don't get counted coffee1.gif

I guess Chalerm was embarrassed, two days of emergency decree and he hadn't come up with anything. But good lord, this is more embarrassing.

That article is complete gibberish though. Where did it come from? I don't see it on the website.

Good lord, I can't get over how awful this article. And its a kinda important topic don't you think!

I guess Chalerm was embarrassed, two days of emergency decree and he hadn't come up with anything. But good lord, this is more embarrassing.

That article is complete gibberish though. Where did it come from? I don't see it on the website.

Good lord, I can't get over how awful this article. And its a kinda important topic don't you think!

It doesn't make a lot of sense, which is understandable as Chalerm speak alcohol induced gibberish most of the time.

I find it very telling that almost every comment in this post focuses on Chalerm's boozing problem.

What might be surprising to some is the fact that his fellow Thai countrymen do exactly the same thing, i.e. waving off virtually everything he says or announces as coming from the mouth of a "khon kee mao".

This chronic "ear infection" patient has obviously lost every ounce of credibility, respect and trust even among a broad majority of his own people.

From that perspective it's quite flabbergasting - and in my opinion outright dangerous - that "Chalerm the Tippler" should've been appointed by the caretaker government to such a powerful (and responsible!) position as head of the CMPO.

To put it mildly, the man's a lose cannon fueled by plonk, and nothing good can come from this.

So he's quite expendable then. When the shit hits the fan....

You can canvas as long as you don't exceed 5 people. You can have a voting booth as long as the people at the voting booth don't exceed 5 people .. how's that going to work then?

Because what actually makes a legal demonstration? It's not as if you have to get a permit. Like in Cambodia!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gatherings of more than five are not banned in the whole country. We need better translation but it's only designated areas and excludes legal demonstration and elections. Speculation but I am willing to bet they won't crack down on the Bangkok protest it's a preventive measure to protect access to electoral buildings.

While I still believe that an election is the best way to deal with this problem, I have to say that Yingluck is 'felony stupid' in having two of the worst people at the front of her 'caretaker' government. Surapong looks like he was late for another injection of embalming fluid and Chalerm should be referred to a neurologist for serious cranial connection issues.

Surapong looks like he's missing a few genes or got some extra ones. He might not be the most retarded in this bunch of morons, but he certainly looks the part.

RT@tulsathit: Not to be overshadowed by other developments, Chalerm has called protesters something along the line of "barbarians".

Translated to English it means Thugs cheesy.gif

I expect I am on your lengthy list of ignores, but for those reading your exciting and informative posts here are the real definitions of the two words you so loosely use to describe the relatively peaceful protesters in Bangkok.

Barbarian, BTW is from a Greek word, whereas thug comes from Hindi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbarian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuggee

• Like 1

Gatherings of more than five are not banned in the whole country. We need better translation but it's only designated areas and excludes legal demonstration and elections. Speculation but I am willing to bet they won't crack down on the Bangkok protest it's a preventive measure to protect access to electoral buildings.

That's my reading of the situation. PTP have hidden behind electoral legitimacy hoping to get to the election before any s**t hits the fan.

I still am baffled as to why they dissolved parliament, considering they held the higher moral ground as the elected government.

The other newspaper says the 5 people gathering measure is in effect everywhere that the decree is, in all locations. It also say that its for gatherings of 5 or more deemed to be trying to incite unrest. So I guess get ready for some selective enforcement!! Of course, if you want to incite unrest, just meet in groups of 4 or less. That's fine!

While most posters are pouring scorn on Chalerm and this SOE, the fact of the matter is that it moves everything closer to more violence.

Protesters (on all sides) may ignore the SOE at their own peril - I suggest tourists and non-Thais keep well away from the protesters.

Simon

• Like 1

I find it very telling that almost every comment in this post focuses on Chalerm's boozing problem.

What might be surprising to some is the fact that his fellow Thai countrymen do exactly the same thing, i.e. waving off virtually everything he says or announces as coming from the mouth of a "khon kee mao".

This chronic "ear infection" patient has obviously lost every ounce of credibility, respect and trust even among a broad majority of his own people.

From that perspective it's quite flabbergasting - and in my opinion outright dangerous - that "Chalerm the Tippler" should've been appointed by the caretaker government to such a powerful (and responsible!) position as head of the CMPO.

To put it mildly, the man's a lose cannon fueled by plonk, and nothing good can come from this.

Putting Chalerm in charge would tell speak volumes about Yingluck's competency and vows to seek a peaceful resolution to the crisis, but of course she's not the one in charge thought she may end up paying the consequences nonetheless.

• Like 1