20 rescued from Pinklao condo rooftop as blaze burns below: Bangkok

webfact

20 rescued from Pinklao condo rooftop as blaze burns below
By Coconuts Bangkok

pinklao1.jpg?itok=4Z2oAnSq
Photo: Twitter @danai_superb65

BANGKOK: -- Twenty residents of an eight-story apartment building in the Bangkok Noi district had to be rescued from its roof after a fire broke out around 11:30am today.

The fire started on the seventh floor of Pinklao Condo, located near the Chaophya Hospital. Fire fighters were able to contain the blaze after about 40 minutes, and the trapped residents were evacuated from the roof by a ladder truck. No injuries were reported. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/01/24/20-rescued-pinklao-condo-rooftop-blaze-burns-below

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-01-24

It was always amazing in a city the size of Bangkok how few fire engines are actually ever sighted racing to a fire. This particularly considering the numerous wood houses of shoddy construction materials and lack of safety. The other thing you rarely see if ever are ambulances.

It was always amazing in a city the size of Bangkok how few fire engines are actually ever sighted racing to a fire. This particularly considering the numerous wood houses of shoddy construction materials and lack of safety. The other thing you rarely see if ever are ambulances.

I see ambulances very often. Well I say ambulances. I mean converted mini vans to take the victims to the hospital where they get paid 500 for dead and 1000 alive victims. But you're right I never see fire engines. In 5 years I've seen one. It sits on the side of the road close to my school with flat tyres.

Yet the goverment are transported in brand new 7 series BMW's, E-class mercedez and PINK BENTLEYS!!

i work in central london three months a year and there are police cars, ambulances or fire engines screaming past almost hourly.

apart from royal and dignitary convoys i've never seen a police car travelling at speed with screaming siren and flashing lights. i see an ambulance or rescue pick ups a couple of times a week. a fire engine about twice a year. i live in near the centre of the city.

I wonder who started the fire? i might have been some of sutheps thugs making a show of it.

Just can't resist any opportunity to twist the knife can you. You are so damn desperate for violence to kick off you sick puppy. More likely red thugs on drugs rabble from the north east come to make trouble for fun. Now kindly troll elsewhere...

I see ambulances very often. Well I say ambulances. I mean converted mini vans to take the victims to the hospital where they get paid 500 for dead and 1000 alive victims. But you're right I never see fire engines. In 5 years I've seen one. It sits on the side of the road close to my school with flat tyres.

Yet the goverment are transported in brand new 7 series BMW's, E-class mercedez and PINK BENTLEYS!!

We've got a fire engine here in the village. A proper one, with a station and firemen. It's out all the time. Mostly parked outside a bar or someones house, but they do keep it lovely and shiny.

It's a red one.

It must be fast if it's red cheesy.gif

• Like 1