A gym without loud music .. Is there?

Yabiaomer

I feel your pain, OP. I've quit a couple of local gyms because of the loud music. Well, OK, maybe technically that wasn't the only reason -- let's just say I lost motivation to renew my membership when the time came; the loud music was one of the reasons. Music so loud that I couldn't listen to my news programs or talking books in the earphones of my MP3 player over the noise of their music. And they didn't honor requests to reduce the volume even when there were very few people using the gym. No need to have the music volume so loud in the middle of the day when few people are in the gym making noise with the equipment.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Harris

That was one of the gyms I quit because of the loud music. Also the fact that you couldn't store stuff in lockers overnight, so I had to haul my workout shoes and toiletries around with me all day, rather than leave them in a locker at the gym.

I feel your pain, OP. I've quit a couple of local gyms because of the loud music. Well, OK, maybe technically that wasn't the only reason -- let's just say I lost motivation to renew my membership when the time came; the loud music was one of the reasons. Music so loud that I couldn't listen to my news programs or talking books in the earphones of my MP3 player over the noise of their music. And they didn't honor requests to reduce the volume even when there were very few people using the gym. No need to have the music volume so loud in the middle of the day when few people are in the gym making noise with the equipment.

Tried some earphones with passive noise reduction? See e.g. "http://www.etymotic.com/".

Style is the the common "in your ear" plugs, and some people do not like that. Additionaly the Etymotic ones require you to insert them a bit tighter and perhaps deeper than others, but if you are ok with that, you might try out the Etymotic earphones. Will probably not eliminate other sounds completely, but they do a pretty good job.