now it is HSBC imposing restrictions on cash withdrawals

HSBC is also under investigation for laundering billions of dollars.

there's money laundering and there's money laundering. but whatever, the chapter is closed.

Last year, HSBC agreed to pay US authorities $1.9bn (£1.2bn) in a settlement over money laundering, the largest paid in such a case.

The unregulated derivatives market presents a massive financial risk and the corruption and immorality of banks like HSBC makes the situation even worse.

amen! coffee1.gif

I've had big inquisitions when trying to pay chunks of cash IN !

"Where did you get this cash?"

"Do you have sone documentary evidence?"

I thought they'd be please to be taking it; but apparently not anymore.

Both in and out, they are asking lots of questions about cash. This is because they want to clamp down on the black economy/ tax avoidance and such. Nothing to do with bank runs or capital short falls I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Both in and out, they are asking lots of questions about cash. This is because they want to clamp down on the black economy/ tax avoidance and such. Nothing to do with bank runs or capital short falls I don't think.

They are pleased to take it, but not any more out of thin air for substantial amounts.

They are pleased to take it, but not any more out of thin air for substantial amounts.

.... and now for even less than substantial amounts.

This days your money is no longer yours and the government have full control of your money and soon in few years you will see that you have to beg to get your own money outta bank . HSBC is getting suck now days and sending emails actually to many clients that they have to remove the cash to different banks within 30 days without any explanations. I got one of those emails putting my money in to their bank with zero interest rate as the bank is convenient.

Sent from up to me from where it was sent