Private Thai Teacher Chiang Mai

xoxman

• 1 year later...

I just found out that I am paying 500 BAHT PER HOUR at the EFL learning centre. That price is ludicrous :( I am flat broke after 5 lessons (2500 baht holy shit) I do not recommend going to this school unless money is no object. the teachers are very good, but it's insanely expensive. That's more than most teachers make in CANADA I am shocked that would be their price in Chiang Mai.

I am leaving in 2 weeks and this school sucked all my money so I won't likely start any new lessons, but maybe next time I will check out this school in Pantip :) thank you for the suggestion!

I just checked their website. It clearly states 500 baht per hour for 1-1 classes. Walen charges 750 baht. Both are licensed schools. A licensed school pays a qualified teacher at least 250 baht/hour. The school and ancillary staff also cost.

Unlicensed schools are easy to spot as they don't/can't offer visa assistance. They are small as they do not meet MoE licensing requirements and are usually found in small shop houses or cheap shopping malls. Consequently, their overhead is much lower. They are usually cheaper than licensed schools. However, there is always the real possibility that they will be visited and closed after you pay for your lessons.

Teachers freelancing from home are always cheaper.

You pay what you can afford for what you want.

You are flat broke after spending 2,500 baht ($80) on 5 hours of 1-1 study !!!

If you were Thai studying 1-1 English at a Canadian language school, expect to pay $45/hour.

Edited by Loaded