Moving to Bagan - need advise

Boxclever

My company has asked me to manage the construction of a new 70 bed hotel in Bagan, I will take up the position mid Feb.

I will take my Thai wife and 8 year old Son with me, anyone out there have any experience living in Bagan?

Any Thai or English curriculum schools there? How about accommodation, houses of flats to rent?

Any tips appreciated.

Edited by Boxclever

I'm not sure but I would very much doubt that there is any western standard eduction or health care in Bagan. I would seriously consider leaving your wife and child in Thailand and negotiating with your company for regular travel back (there are now direct flights between Bagan and Bangkok)

I'm not sure but I would very much doubt that there is any western standard eduction or health care in Bagan. I would seriously consider leaving your wife and child in Thailand and negotiating with your company for regular travel back (there are now direct flights between Bagan and Bangkok)

Either there or Yangon. If the company is willing to fund your living costs in Yangon, then you could just commute from there to Bagan on a weekly basis.

Yangon is very expensive for living, but if the company pays for it there are good schools and healthcare available.

The OP must be mistaken. All I could find was a Chiang Mai - Mandalay code share flight:

W9-YJ Codeshare Flight Schdule
DAY FLIGHT NO. FROM TO DEPT ARRV WED W9 7611 MANDALAY CHIANG MAI 1410 1550 WED W9 7612 CHIANG MAI MANDALAY 1635 1715

Every Wednesday