Advance voting in at least six constituencies cancelled

Lite Beer

Have those thugs blocking the voting centers been arrested? Didn't the official there chicken out the moment the thugs appeared?

You're really starting to challenge Nowhereman for the high 'thugs" count, aren't you...?!

However, since the anti-government protesters were present at the polling stations before the officials began to arrive, it must be assumed that your second reference to "thugs" was referring to the guys who came along with the pieces of "2 by 2", right...?!

Doesn't matter when the thugs arrived. They blocked the voting process. If the rule of law is not enforced, people find it easy to take law into their own hands.

Anti-government protesters??? I think they are thugs and people's right violators - threatening and intimidating people to do what they demanded or else they will drag them out of their office or their families will be miserable, etc......

• Like 1

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 out of 50 advance voting stations in Bangkok cancelled so far

As of 10am: so far 35 from 50 advance polling stations have been closed due to the rallies against the election by the People's Democratic Reform Committee, Nation News Agency reported.

Happy days..... that's 70% of them shut down. smile.pngsmile.png

Happy days? For a monkey maybe. For a normal person it's a sad day.

And you consider YOURSELF 'normal?????

Funniest thing I ever heard.

Happy days for all those who oppose tyranny, corruption, murder, fascism, nepotism, dereliction of democracy........ sad days for those 'normal' folks who support it all.... Like yourself of course.

Without prejudice for either side, I wonder who or what the hell people are voting for anyway. I asked Thais at work what the mandate for each party was at this election and they have no idea. They don't even know who most of the parties other than PT are. Makes voting for anyone seem extremely random at best.

• Like 1

It seems that red mob supporters are finally coming to realization that this fake and not necessary election is going to end up in failure. No matter what spin you try to put on it, Thai tax payer money was wasted for no good reason. That is something this incompetent government mastered - how to waste Thai tax payer money and enrich themselves, their close and extended relatives in the process. The sooner their rule comes to an end the better. Incidentally, Suthep is only a puppet. He is finished politically. His role is almost over.

People have the right to protest but not to obstruct the very process that grants them those rights.

How can you justify the curtailment of the democratic process as a means to support and strengthen democracy.

Where is the justification in obstructing, limiting or removing the peoples right to express their Democratic choice through the result of an election.

Furthermore this should be a clear warning to anyone who believes PDRC's claims that they support the democratic process.

The actions of the PDRC are screamingly anti-democratic and the blocking of polling stations by their supporters a travesty.

I am not trying to justify anything. The protesters are protesting because they don't like what Thaksin is doing to Thailand. They are obstructing people from voting, and the police are doing NOTHING. This means that civilians come out with 2x4's. The civilians shouldn't need to do the job of police.

OK Fair enough, protest against Thaksin but why should PDRC obstruct peoples right to vote and in the absence of the police to provide that protection where are the Army?

The Army are constantly reminding the Thai public how they are here to protect them but sadly, as I mentioned previously, it would appear not to include protecting their democratic rights.

So there would appear to be a failure of the Police, The Army, The EC, The Constitutional Court and Government to safeguard these rights.

So who can be blame civilians coming out to challenge PDRC's agenda to curtail their democratic rights.

These actions by PDRC, their backers and supporters are just plain scary.

• Like 1

Bit more electoral law is that for Police to come in, there has to be a direct request from the EC. It didn't happen.

So if the police do turn up, the EC and Courts try chapter 25 of their Judicial Coup by charging government with unlawful interference of elections.

Same in UK. Police cannot enter stations unless Pres. Officer asks them in.

So. Well done BIB, they not fall into the trap and unless EC call them in, the PDRC in lat Krabang are just about to get theirs. If they have not all run off yet.

Sorry if that educated a feww closed minds on here. smile.png

However, the police under the state of emergency would appear to have the authority to clear gatherings in the streets outside polling stations. Did they? Nope.

They don't want to. Only Suthep wants them to confront them. Looks like real people will confront PDRC now

Police and Gov totally blameless here. Please read some election law... it applies to the area surrounding it as well, :) if you understood Thai and could watch the news, you would know that.

You need to get off bluesky and stop embarrassing yourself with this nonsenss. Come back when you know Election Law and area covered!!!

Gov. know it well and have once again foiled Suthep... Or can you see the tanks rolling in today? That is the only thing left for Suthep and the Reds have not given him his violence. Well done

Doing it the legal way. Disgruntled (with PDRC) voters make complaints at Police stations. Back to the courts and see how they defend the TV footage of obstruction... with the glare of the worlds media. and Obama :) watching.

Today is day one of BKK real folk stading against Suthep. He must be well made up

Be4Jp9XCUAAvb7A.jpg

• Like 2

The EC will not call in the police or army to keep the polls open and are quick to close the polls citing the risk of violence. the police will not act because the courts do not support them. the laws are only written to be ignored by the rich who can afford to pay to avoid procescution. this idiot Sutep continues to operate outside of the law, and parades around as one above the law. he wrote the last constitution( or approved it) stopped people from speaking out about it and forced everyone to approve the referendum. Now he wants to have it rewritten again by his appointed clones( peoples council ) and you think this is the answere to Thailands problems. This country is so corrupt and will not change it's ways for several generations. not even the peoples council can write a document that the police, courts, or the army will defend for all Thai's. this is such a farce to blame the PTP and yingluck for all of Thailands problems. The Democrates voiced their dissaproval of corruption and knew that Sutep was a problem within their ranks. and yet they did nothing to change the status quo. So tell me how you plan on formulating reforms, what is it you want to reform, and how you plan on enforcing them. Checks and balances are nice but without the police and the courts enforcing the law they are meaningless.

Succinct and accurate.

Well stated.

Another stunning victory by the protesters.

Suthep is going to win every battle in this war and Yingluck and puppets are powerless to stop it.

You forgot the sarcasm button.

Sadly probably not!! But they would only have needed a few ml's of detergent to brainwash him!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Nation staff and many on the thread here really need to bone up on their election law.

Nation tweeting on a par with Bluesky expats. Chalerm has it right. He has done his homework and outsmarted them again.

Might not be popular, but the Gov have complied entirely with the CC and the EC laws. Lot lot more to come on this, but they are playing the waiting game.

Suthep cannot stay at Asoke for ever.... and without a riot with the Police, he cannot have his coup. :) Have a nice day, but please watch more Thai TV News.

Suthep cannot stay at Asoke for ever.... and without a riot with the Police, he cannot have his coup. smile.png Have a nice day, but please watch more Thai TV News.

Probably not forever, but perhaps for a long time. My guess is that he will be walking up and down Sukhumvit even in 10 years, with the same pants and shoes, ranting about the government. Maybe a bottle of Lao in his right hand and his hair a bit more distorted, but still going strong and he will definitely bring down the government the day after.

• Like 2

Advance voting in 19 Bangkok districts, 5 southern provinces suspended

By Digital Content

13907096257842-640x390x2.jpg

.Bang Kapi is the district where a largest number of voters, about 88,500 voters, registered for advance voting in Bangkok.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-01-26

So 88.500 voters were prevented from voting by a few hundred rented thugs!!bah.gif

Democracy Suthep style!!

Imagine what life is going to be like under the "peoples council" !!

Small inconvenience necessary to remove corruption in Thailand forever.

It is worth it.

Suthep cannot stay at Asoke for ever.... and without a riot with the Police, he cannot have his coup. smile.png Have a nice day, but please watch more Thai TV News.

Probably not forever, but perhaps for a long time. My guess is that he will be walking up and down Sukhumvit even in 10 years, with the same pants and shoes, ranting about the government. Maybe a bottle of Lao in his right hand and his hair a bit more distorted, but still going strong and he will definitely bring down the government the day after.

Not that long. As long as it takes to bury the amnesty bill for good. The game is almost over.

How come we don't get any reports about polling-stations closing down in Surin, Khon Kaen,Korat or Buriram??

Are Sutheps "election-advisers" too busy to go there??

Or chickenshit??whistling.gif

Hey! Don't forget about Trat! The locals and tourists are both getting restless since the 7-11's stopped selling booze last night and the Lao Kao is quickly running out.

I fear civil war is imminent unless the pre-voting is shut down tout suite and everyday life returns to normal.

PS I don't think it's a matter of Sutheps minions being "chickenshit"--I reckon it's more a logistics problem...

Small inconvenience necessary to remove corruption in Thailand forever.

Suthep, who is one of the most corrupt politicians in the Democrat party, according to the Democrats themselves (see WikiLeaks records from the US Embassy on Suthep), will not get rid of corruption in Thailand. Corruption has been present in Thailand for decades and centuries, long before any Shinawatra has ever set foot in Thailand and will be present even after the Shinawatras are gone. Corruption in Thailand starts with school teachers, with bosses from small to big companies, with customs officials, with shop owners, taxi drivers, etc.

You will not "remove corruption in Thailand forever" overnight, it will take DECADES to come anywhere close.

No country is corruption free, but to think that Suthep's undemocratic actions will "remove corruption in Thailand forever" is like dreaming about pink elephants flying.

Edited by jackrich
  • Like 2

It's almost as if the government and police want civil disobedience. Yesterday evening the anti-government protest movement announced they would gather at polling stations this morning, so why do the government through Chalerm need to blame the Election Commission?

What happened to the state of emergency? There are supposedly 20,000 police and troops on alert to help keep order and yet they couldn't put 100 police at each polling station (5,000 police in total) this morning to see off the protesters.

I don't know about people calling Thailand a banana republic ... it seems rather generous in a country where the police are incapable of policing anything.

Piriyathep K @PKinbangkok 10m

@Aim_NT Police can intervene in the EC-controlled election process only at the request of the EC.

If that's correct - question is, did EC make a request for police help? EC seemed rather quick to shut down polling stations. In fact it seemed to be telegraphed per this article: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/699472-officials-told-to-stop-vote-if-protesters-besiege-venue/

So maybe there's not that much police could've done after all?

What a banana republic... Who is supposed to protect voters and make sure they exercise their right to vote?

Unbelievable.

The police are moving now on one mob.

The fascist spokesperson for PDRC is bleating on Twitter that they are being attacked. Big cheer went up all down Rama 3 area when MCOT showed the PDRC getting a kicking.

Might be a lot more of this if they not careful

It's about time. These Suthep protesters are small in number compared to the majority of Thais--even in Bangkok, one of their "bases,"--who want their right to vote. If the police will not turn back the protesters with restrained, non-lethal violence, then the ordinary citizens are going to have to. It won't take much to send the hi-so madams home crying over a hurt knee. Unfortunately, it will take a bit more with the hired thugs from the South...

Maybe you are right! But as soon as the thai people start fighting each other on the streets, thats when the army will intervene. It won't be the thAi people that the Army attacks. It will be as they stated previously. The gov will be held responsible.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Im starting to fear more and more for the future of Thailand. The hater that is already rooted too deep in the hearts of Thai against their fellow citizens is escalating day by day and none of the former governments have done anything to stop this vicious spiral.

The growing popularity of the Northern based “red’s” is reminding me of all things bad in association with “red”; the soviet red army, the Chinese red book and the Khmer rouge. All of these let to a ruthless genocide in the name of “the people” and after installing a “people’s” republic they all forget about their people and executed the perfect capitalistic regime a.k.a. communism.

The medieval cast society revered by so many “hiSo” Thai is outdated, unrealistic and plain stupid in this day and age. Those trying to a hold of it are dwindling in their numbers mostly of old age.

I see a bleak future and maybe even a civil war unless a whole new, younger generation finally steps up and disperses with the old dinosaurs.

• Like 1

35 out of 50 advance voting stations in Bangkok cancelled so far

As of 10am: so far 35 from 50 advance polling stations have been closed due to the rallies against the election by the People's Democratic Reform Committee, Nation News Agency reported.

Happy days..... that's 70% of them shut down. smile.pngsmile.png

Happy days? For a monkey maybe. For a normal person it's a sad day.

And you consider YOURSELF 'normal?????

Funniest thing I ever heard.

Happy days for all those who oppose tyranny, corruption, murder, fascism, nepotism, dereliction of democracy........ sad days for those 'normal' folks who support it all.... Like yourself of course.

Tyranny, as in threatening people who want to vote?

Corruption, as in giving land that was intended for the poor to rich families while being a top politician in Koh Samui?

Murder, as in currently standing trial for the murder charges of 80+ Thais during the 2010 protests?

Fascism, as in creating an unelected "people's council"?

Nepotism, again, giving land to rich families that was intended for poor people?

Dereliction of Democracy, such as preventing people from exercising their right to vote?

Now, tell me the name of the person we are talking about here. For me, Suthep comes to mind. What about you?

Nepotism means giving to the family.

You mean cronyism.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How come we don't get any reports about polling-stations closing down in Surin, Khon Kaen,Korat or Buriram??

Are Sutheps "election-advisers" too busy to go there??

Or chickenshit??whistling.gif

Well, according to the Shinawatra fans on here there were only 300 Suthep followers. They managed to spread their resources thinly and shutdown most of Bangkok and surrounding provinces due to their being zero police there. This includes areas such as Laksi and Don't Muang which used to be red shirt strongholds.

I doubt if any people on here condone what Suthep has done here, nor support his ideas on a peoples' council.

I do think that most on here support independent political reform that prevents any more cheating and lying in the house.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Im starting to fear more and more for the future of Thailand. The hater that is already rooted too deep in the hearts of Thai against their fellow citizens is escalating day by day and none of the former governments have done anything to stop this vicious spiral.

The growing popularity of the Northern based “red’s” is reminding me of all things bad in association with “red”; the soviet red army, the Chinese red book and the Khmer rouge. All of these let to a ruthless genocide in the name of “the people” and after installing a “people’s” republic they all forget about their people and executed the perfect capitalistic regime a.k.a. communism.

The medieval cast society revered by so many “hiSo” Thai is outdated, unrealistic and plain stupid in this day and age. Those trying to a hold of it are dwindling in their numbers mostly of old age.

I see a bleak future and maybe even a civil war unless a whole new, younger generation finally steps up and disperses with the old dinosaurs.

But it's not the "reds" who want to install a "people's council". It's Suthep's "yellows":

30207537-01_big.jpg

All these districts are in Bangkok. We aren't even dealing with the South yet ! If this is any indication as to how things will be during the main vote next week, it will be utter, utter chaos. The vote is not being physically blocked to the extent of making it physically impossible to vote. It is analogous to a picket line, as in a labour union strike. You can cross it - it's just not a pleasant experience ! Let's be clear. Nobody is coming out smelling like roses in this conflict. Nobody. This is not a contest as to who smells nicer. There is plenty of stench to go all around. But the Thai people are a lot more used to the stench of the Yingluck administration. They've been smelling it for two and a half years. Their tolerance for that smell has run its course. It is a messy, messy thing this has come to. But intractable positions lead to intractable ends. Inevitably. When neither side is willing to move, this is the result. It's a stalemate. It is what we've had for the last three months. This is just another clear manifestation of it. You cannot have two sides imposing their will on another without the scenes of conflict that we are now seeing. People can continue to plug the Grand Canyon divides of their points of view. And they will. But in the end, it matters not, because the only thing that will allow this to move forward from any practical point of view is reform. This election is in any event a study in how to studiously attain a quorum-less parliament. The administration loses even if every protester came off the streets, Bangkok became a ghost town and the South migrated to Greenland. It's a stalemate. On February 2 people will turn to the TV coverage of the count. They will see a map of Thailand where large swaths will be blocked out, where single candidate constituencies will be in a desperate battle for legitimacy, where charges of surplus ballots will once again rise to the surface of suspicion, where charges of vote-rigging and corruption will be filed with the EC, where many polling stations will have unrest outside their stations, and where many polling stations will be understaffed or even unpopulated with overseers. The bottom line is that the Yingluck administration has no future. They are in a state of legislative paralysis, and no court in the land will grant a perpetual caretaker administration legislative power. And as the court cases of the NACC go forward, no court in the land will allow them to be above the law or not to be accountable to it.

More brave thais defying the closed minds at the polling station. This pic got real legs because she has!!!!

So, not even with the help of the EC closing up shop under orders. People are still voting in Bangkok!!!! End of the road we pray for Suthep.

Be4WrUFCYAAWS20.jpg

She wanted to go to the toilet

Now your making her a PTP hero

some people will say anything to make thinks go there way

I think the PDRC is now officially in violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, article 21, which gives every citizen of a country the right to vote. Good luck getting support from foreign countries now, Suthep.

There is a plane leaving tonight if you not like the Thai way

I just sit here and laugh

Unlike you I have no certificate to say I have any right to say what Thais can and can not do

The election now and Feb 2nd is a waste of money again. If the voting is done in february it will be unlawful because of the lack of candidates or similar. The shinaclan is losing ground all the time.

yeah Mr. Eric thats your wishing dreams.. :-)