Businesses that benefit from the protests?

addy77

A Thai's analysis is that there is a lot of money to be made by keeping the protest sites up and running. While some shops are being harmed, other enterprising Thais have turned this in to a land grab opportunity to re-position their businesses and profit heavily. Perhaps when you walk around, look at the economics of the situation and see if there are some large organised operations providing new services to anyone and everyone in the protest areas and crowding out existing businesses in the area. I'm curious if this is true as it could provide extra monetization to the occupiers.

Any come to mind? (whistles?)...

Not that it does ... but I'm sure Thai Visa would not recommend to any of it's members to visit or worse, egress onto any of the current or future protest sites.

As a reminder to the dangers of such ... see the News Article on nsptr-leader-killed-during-election-blockade-rally.

The last thing they need is a bunch or Westerners bumbling around their 'business' sites as you describe them

Clearly the company that has rented the stages, video screen and sound systems is doing very well from all of this. The whistle and T-Shirt sellers are probably doing ok. The shops in Terminal 21 are at least getting more visitors whether they are actually buying more who knows probably just using the toilet and cooling down a bit. Otherwise I do not think that many businesses are doing well at all.

Assuming that no-one bombs them, the SET listed BTS as showed vastly improved ridership numbers since the traffic blockades were started. Well above trend growth.

It's highly likely that this bump in numbers maybe be partly converted to continue ridership of the BTS and add a spike to the yearly numbers and possibly the share price.

I own and have owned BTS shares for the past 5 years, and no, I'm not advertising for them.