google maps on samsung 7.7

Showbags

you can use "maps with me" - it works offline with GPS. only for search the map you need the pro version. you can download thailand or whatever country you need/like for free.

Edited by JakeBKK
  • Like 1

google maps. generally needs an internet connection to update the map sections as your travelling. the gps works for position

So can you download a whole map section in advance so not have to use internet ?

For example, want to travel from Korat to Hua Hin

google maps. generally needs an internet connection to update the map sections as your travelling. the gps works for position

So can you download a whole map section in advance so not have to use internet ?

You used to be able to cache some of the map "tiles " but it depends what version you have .. there are other GPS options .. didn't you get GPS software when you bought it? It should have come with Speednavi.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You used to be able to cache some of the map "tiles " but it depends what version you have .. there are other GPS options .. didn't you get GPS software when you bought it? It should have come with Speednavi.

Not sure, me not technical....only used it on a friends ipad up north to find a shop I needed, he set it up and I was away, found shop no problems.

I'll have a look directly at my samsung and see what it has ...or not has...

Not sure, me not technical....only used it on a friends ipad up north to find a shop I needed, he set it up and I was away, found shop no problems.

I'll have a look directly at my samsung and see what it has ...or not has...

I think maybe you got a CD with the tab.. to be honest. If it not ON the tab already. Then don't bother as it's a royal pain in the arsenal trying to set it up. There are other's that are better .. have a look on Play store. Sygic is OK. If they are doing a special offer. Got mine for 600b

• Like 1

you can use "maps with me" - it works offline with GPS. only for search the map you need the pro version. you can download thailand or whatever country you need/like for free.

I second 'Maps with me'. I have it and I was very surprised at the level of detail in the maps of Thailand.

• Like 1