Suthep's plea for military help to protect protesters

webfact

I am sure if Suthep's people stop violating People's democratic rights, no protection would be needed.

Of course protection could and should be provided with the condition that the protestors do acknowledge and respect any Thai citizen's right to vote, and that they stop blocking them from voting. A clear win-win situation.

Edited by sjaak327

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like they have their own weaponry already to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcymHt0s-_A

Or are they already using it, no surely not they are peaceful protesters and only the victims here right ? facepalm.gif

i am not an ex military but on that video we can ear a lots of rifle shot that we also can ear in a war movie.....military staff must be allready involved one way or another.

Looks like they have their own weaponry already to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcymHt0s-_A

Or are they already using it, no surely not they are peaceful protesters and only the victims here right ? facepalm.gif

i am not an ex military but on that video we can ear a lots of rifle shot that we also can ear in a war movie.....military staff must be allready involved one way or another.

"Allo, allo, wot's goin on ear then? Just because you can ear lots of rifle shots doesn't mean the shooters are in the military. Thailand's arsenals are known to be quite porous and many weapons are out there in the hands of men quite unrelated to the army.

Suthep: The army should protect us while we exercise our constitutional right of peaceful demonstration to use physical force in order to prevent thousands of people from exercising their constitutional right to vote.

From the Organic Act on election of members of the house of representatives and installation of senators:

Section 76 No person shall, without legally having the power thereto, commit any act

to prevent a voter from casting vote or to obstruct or delay a voter from going to the polling

place, entering the place for casting a vote or reaching such place within the polling time.

Section 152 Any person who violates Section 71 paragraph two, Section 72, Section

74, Section 76 or Section 77 shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to five years or

to a fine of twenty thousand to one hundred thousand Baht, or to both, and the court shall

order the disfranchisement for a period of five years.

What a good idea! Anyone who blocks people from voting loses the right to vote for 5 years. (Better if it was 10)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

of course as he has used up all his options he is a busted flush with no ammo left .

just a motley band of mercenaries in tow to listen to his twisted rhetoric .

shooting off his fat mouth whilst BKK companies and workers face financial ruin.

Edited by 3NUMBAS

suthep plea for military help to protect protesters

NICE PLEA !!!!!. bah.gif to protect protesters or to protect him FIRST ?

I think this person would like a coup d'etatbeatdeadhorse.gif to put him directly as PM.

in my opinion his party should find another person with more carism who wil be able then to make first a majority of thais posible thumbsup.gif. before making a mess like they did in bangkok... it is not blocking a few streets or a few government acces that anything will change.

he shoul reconsider the way he is doing things , surch for help beetween the thai wai2.gif population but let the leadership to somebody more capable to do the job, somebody who doesn't need military staff to affirm his democratic ideas....and i think thats the best he can do for thailand today.

Leave and shut the f..k up

A person who want to be leader of a country with military can not be trustfull and democratic.

good day and good night

coffee1.gif

True but the unfortunate thing is that any thing less than what Suthep is demandcing is to leave things as they are.

Sure maybe the election will be put off and the Dems enter and win it but unless the checks and balances are put into the government it will solve nothing just prolong the corruption for years.

People will forget how bad the PTP were just like they have forgotten how bad the red shirts were. Then it will be the same same next election one man and his money buying the election and the men who win it.

Thailand needs to change now to prevent the continuance of a way of governing that comes close to allowing a dictatorship to be set up in the name of democracy just as Hitler did.

Btw Hitler was not elected he was appointed. I understand what you are saying but would it not be fair to both sides if the Anti Government Protesters would clearly say what they want except taken the shins out of the Governement. That is not a program. What they want to do with the millions of Thais in the North which may be will vote back a Shin in power? Reduce voting rights? Nothing is clear and transparent and as long as their is no transparency than the future will be the same as past, with other people on the top. Vote buying like you said is not really the issue if you even read the comments of the Democratic Party spokesman. It is the long time that all governments had neglected the rural areas. Without addressing their problems no party will win and until now I did not see any program from the democrats or the Suthep Gang which is doing that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Have you been paying attention. Suthep wants to set up a commission that will make things clear and transparent.

None of which is relevant unless he has a mandate to do so. Does he have one? No.

And if you think Suthep - given his own dark and corrupt past - is simply doing all this because he believes in goodness and light, I have a massive bridge for sale over the Chao Phraya.

And no, I'm not a 'red', as neither are most of us who are appalled at the naivete of those who think this about improving Thailand. It's about improving Suthep and his backers.

You seem to have left off the part of what Suthep wants to do that was in my post and substituted rambling. Your whole post is trying to justify not doing any thing to improve the government. Then you claim you are not a red shirt. Perhaps you are not a card caring red shirt but you believe in all their ideas. You just don't bother to get a gun and some grenades and join them physically.

Would you care to explain to your viewing audience about his dark past and his continuation of it. You can't because it was long ago. But let us look at your leader Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra. His dark past is still happening.

On the one hand we have a man with a dark past trying to clean up the government. On the other hand we have a man with a dark past trying to keep it corrupt.

How much did you pay for that bridge over the Chao Phraya?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

It can be assumed that Suthep and his dreaming brigades will do the same on the 2nd Feb. the result will be a nullified election, with a postponement of the election. Again the caretaker government will stay ( or better has to stay). It's time to call the party off and sit together and find compromises where both sides are not losing face.

True but the unfortunate thing is that any thing less than what Suthep is demandcing is to leave things as they are.

Sure maybe the election will be put off and the Dems enter and win it but unless the checks and balances are put into the government it will solve nothing just prolong the corruption for years.

People will forget how bad the PTP were just like they have forgotten how bad the red shirts were. Then it will be the same same next election one man and his money buying the election and the men who win it.

Thailand needs to change now to prevent the continuance of a way of governing that comes close to allowing a dictatorship to be set up in the name of democracy just as Hitler did.

"Sure maybe the election will be put off and the Dems enter and win it..."

On what do you base your thinking that the Dems have any chance of winning a general election? They have failed to do so for around a quarter of a century, even before the Thaksin era they were unable to win so please, what makes you have any reason to think that the Dems will be able to win this time?

the Dems are desperado. They have been unable to win convincingly in the past elections and that's why they are shunning the election. They want to take over the government by force now. How can they claim themselves as democratic if they want to take over the helm by force? ? So ridiculous, yet so many thais buy their idea! Please wake up, thai people!

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

It can be assumed that Suthep and his dreaming brigades will do the same on the 2nd Feb. the result will be a nullified election, with a postponement of the election. Again the caretaker government will stay ( or better has to stay). It's time to call the party off and sit together and find compromises where both sides are not losing face.

On what do you base your thinking that the Dems have any chance of winning a general election? They have failed to do so for around a quarter of a century, even before the Thaksin era they were unable to win so please, what makes you have any reason to think that the Dems will be able to win this time?

the Dems are desperado. They have been unable to win convincingly in the past elections and that's why they are shunning the election. They want to take over the government by force now. How can they claim themselves as democratic if they want to take over the helm by force? ? So ridiculous, yet so many thais buy their idea! Please wake up, thai people!

Well you are correct the Democrat's have not been able to win an election. They are stuck with the idea of trying to make Thailand a better country. As any one who has lived here a while knows Thai's think the country is all ready great and are not willing to loose face and say it has a lot of problems.

That aside. Where is it that the Democrats are using force. They are just one of many parts of the society fighting for a better Thailand. The movement was started and maintained by the grass roots people. The Democrats came along long after it started and are just a part of a movement seeking a better Thailand for all.

Take the grass roots people out of the protestors and it will all be over. It is not a Democrat party movement. Just one they endorse.

Well you are correct the Democrat's have not been able to win an election. They are stuck with the idea of trying to make Thailand a better country. As any one who has lived here a while knows Thai's think the country is all ready great and are not willing to loose face and say it has a lot of problems.

That aside. Where is it that the Democrats are using force. They are just one of many parts of the society fighting for a better Thailand. The movement was started and maintained by the grass roots people. The Democrats came along long after it started and are just a part of a movement seeking a better Thailand for all.

Take the grass roots people out of the protestors and it will all be over. It is not a Democrat party movement. Just one they endorse.

I'm amused by your reply. Where is that the Democrats are using force?? Asking the duly elected government to step down. Shutdown Bangkok which causes much of inconveniences to the civilians resides in the city. Elect the people Council which is not duly elected by the people to takecare of the country? Take the laws in their own hands. Prevent government officials from entering their offices to work. And now threatening the people from going to register for work.

And you are asking where is the force they are using???