Ang thong Marine Park admission fee.

My wife and I are coming to Samui in three weeks for a short holiday and she has been looking on the net for trips to the marine park. Anyway some say that the national park fee is 200 baht but others say 500 baht, perhaps someone can confirm for me which is the correct price please.

HL

I think it depends where you buy your tour, if it's included or not.

I can't recall paying an additional fee when we went to Ang Thong, but that was two years ago.

A nice tour though, and if you have the stamina i recommend taking the tour where you can climb the mountain on Wua Talap island.

Took my breath away, both the climb and the view on top of the mountain.

Be sure to bring enough water with you, because you can't get any on the way up/down.

Maded a little video from the trek here if interested.

• Like 2

I can't recall paying an additional fee when we went to Ang Thong, but that was two years ago.

A nice tour though, and if you have the stamina i recommend taking the tour where you can climb the mountain on Wua Talap island.

Be sure to bring enough water with you, because you can't get any on the way up/down.

quite a nice video of ang thong national park, although I liked nang yuan and ko tao tour a lot better because maybe I wasn't prepared for the hike up those stairs or more appropriate ladders to get to the top, do you have anymore clips of the local tours?

The only thing I will add here, is yes, the park fee, is 200 baht per person.... but some companies provide the opportunity to rent a kayak.

You have a choice, of doing that or walking up to a view point or seeing some caves..(no extra once park fee is paid .... depending on which Island they stop for lunch) ...or may include that in the initial price perhaps that is where the 500 baht comes in?.... (kayak rental) Both provide snorkeling equipment too..

The two main companies providing this are Lomlahk and Grandsea... Grandsea provides pop or water during trip and sea sick pills, if you think you need! (One has to take before leaving!) .. all these companies, provide pick up and drop off service to from Hotel in price.

Lomlahk has two terminals, one near Maenam Lomprayah ferry terminal, the other at Ban Rak, Grand Sea only in Ban Rak,... now....

There is another company in Nathon too, but I have not used, and don't know the name or anything about them...wink.png

quite a nice video of ang thong national park, although I liked nang yuan and ko tao tour a lot better because maybe I wasn't prepared for the hike up those stairs or more appropriate ladders to get to the top, do you have anymore clips of the local tours?

If i can find the time, i can see what i have on my HD's and put something together.

The only thing I will add here, is yes, the park fee, is 200 baht per person.... but some companies provide the opportunity to rent a kayak.

You have a choice, of doing that or walking up to a view point or seeing some caves..(no extra once park fee is paid .... depending on which Island they stop for lunch) ...or may include that in the initial price perhaps that is where the 500 baht comes in?.... (kayak rental) Both provide snorkeling equipment too..

The two main companies providing this are Lomlahk and Grandsea... Grandsea provides pop or water during trip and sea sick pills, if you think you need! (One has to take before leaving!) .. all these companies, provide pick up and drop off service to from Hotel in price.

Lomlahk has two terminals, one near Maenam Lomprayah ferry terminal, the other at Ban Rak, Grand Sea only in Ban Rak,... now....

There is another company in Nathon too, but I have not used, and don't know the name or anything about them...wink.png

We used a company that ended in Nathon, but i actually can't recall if it started out in Nathon, but i think so.

Was very pleased with that tour, and the guide we had was absolutely great.

Here is a picture of the boat we used, maybe that is the companys name.

The boat is not very fast, but we enjoyed the time sailing out to Ang Thong.

post-138525-0-60845900-1390914296_thumb.

"We used a company that ended in Nathon, but i actually can't recall if it started out in Nathon, but i think so.

Was very pleased with that tour, and the guide we had was absolutely great.

Here is a picture of the boat we used, maybe that is the companys name.

The boat is not very fast, but we enjoyed the time sailing out to Ang Thong."

You wouldn't have the ferry/boat price for that tour, would you by any chance?

I found their website, but i don't know if it's updated with prices etc.

Tour nr 2 is the one we took because we didn't want to kayak, and that was incl fee to angthong and hoteltransfer by minibus.

The price is listed to 1300,- bath pr person but i think we paid 2400,- for two where we always buy our tours at tour agent on corner next to dentist at our hotel, Samui natien resort.

Even 1300,- bath is pretty cheap in my opinion, when it's including transfer from hotel,admission fee, and a lil lunch and something to drink.

But have a look see.

http://www.samui-islandtour.com/dairy_program.htm

I found their website, but i don't know if it's updated with prices etc.

Tour nr 2 is the one we took because we didn't want to kayak, and that was incl fee to angthong and hoteltransfer by minibus.

The price is listed to 1300,- bath pr person but i think we paid 2400,- for two where we always buy our tours at tour agent on corner next to dentist at our hotel, Samui natien resort.

Even 1300,- bath is pretty cheap in my opinion, when it's including transfer from hotel,admission fee, and a lil lunch and something to drink.

But have a look see.

http://www.samui-islandtour.com/dairy_program.htm

Yep that's a good price...thumbsup.gif

I think the others nearer 2000 baht range... the price one pays to be in the fast lane! biggrin.png I am not sure but you may get more stops along the way with the speed boats... either way it is an enjoyable trip ...as long as the weather is good!.... wink.png

Yep that's a good price...thumbsup.gif

I think the others nearer 2000 baht range... the price one pays to be in the fast lane! biggrin.png I am not sure but you may get more stops along the way with the speed boats... either way it is an enjoyable trip ...as long as the weather is good!.... wink.png

I prefer the tours with the slower boats.

Just sit back and relax, enjoy the weather and shoot some videos, photos and have a beer or two ;)

We once took a speed boat tour to Ko Tao, Koh Nang Yuan.

Ohh boy what a bumpy ride and everyone inside the speedboat were soaking wet.

Jimmy I only go on the big boats that carry their own kayaks, wouldn't dream of bumping along on a speed boat. Anyway my wife was looking on the Thai web sites and said that most were quoting the 200 baht price but one site actually stated 500 baht for farangs. Nothing to do with renting kayaks I'm afraid.

We lived on Samui for four years and have been to the marine park a number of times before but when checking if prices had gone up she saw this and I just wanted to check it out.

Thanks for all your comments though.

HL

Jimmy I only go on the big boats that carry their own kayaks, wouldn't dream of bumping along on a speed boat. Anyway my wife was looking on the Thai web sites and said that most were quoting the 200 baht price but one site actually stated 500 baht for farangs. Nothing to do with renting kayaks I'm afraid.

We lived on Samui for four years and have been to the marine park a number of times before but when checking if prices had gone up she saw this and I just wanted to check it out.

Thanks for all your comments though.

HL

Hi Larry, I assume you are just talking about the Park admission, here?

Not wanting to argue with what your wife has read... it really comes down to people checking, and asking, before booking.... but I too have done the Marine park trip several times, and paid the normal 200 baht...

Perhaps it is "booking agents" who are marking up the price..?.... always better to buy direct from the company one travels with... not always easy for tourists as they would not know where to go, it it would not always be convenient....

But it is good to make people aware of the correct "farang price" The two companies I mentioned, only charge that 200 baht price...when booked directly with them.... I have no idea of what other companies or agents charge...

Keep happy! smile.pngthumbsup.gif

ive been to the marine park in my own boat and paid the fee directly to the office

200 baht

anything else is a rip off

slow boats there if needed try Blue stars kayaking tours

most tours will be by speed boat so make sure you ask the exact question to the tour agent that you only want to go by big [slow] boat

as there are big speed boats and small speed boats

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

In the website of Lomprayah its says

"*** price exclude : The Marine park entrance fee:

for year 2012: Foreigners 200 baht , Thais 40 baht

Since : January 1,2013 : Foreigners 500 baht , Thais 100 baht"

lomprayah.com/E/packagetour_ang.html

This is not correct!

Here is the price at the Lomlahk Kurin's office at the Lomprayah ferry terminal Maenam. (this afternoon)

Lomlahk is a subsidiary of Lomprayah.

They also have an office and mooring in Ban Rak.

Tour boat price is 2100 baht per person, plus 200 baht. for marine park...Optional extra is renting a Kayak

SAM_3080.JPG

I just confirmed with a friend that works with Grand Sea Adventure Tours (out of Ban Rak) and the price is the same.

Both companies offer essentially the same tours...

Best to buy tickets direct from office and not an agent for best prices!

For Koh Nangyuan the admission is 100 baht (Private ilsand owned by Lomprayah.)

Edited by samuijimmy

Won't mention the company but got an email saying they would discount from full price of 4500 to 4000 for expat residents with Thai dl and 2500 for Thai nationals ...

Ummm.... not sure what you have got here, but the prices for Lomprayah and Grandsea Adventure tours, is 2100 baht ... day trip! as I mentioned b4 ! (per person that is) Kids less if under certain height!)

Better to go direct to the source, rather than use an agent...(if that is what you are doing? ) .... sounds like way too much! wink.png

That's on a speedboat with 12 people max... But yep prefer the slower/bigger/cheaper options

ah that's a small speed boat, hence the higher price,,, and in rough waters would be a bouncier ride!

The two companies I mentioned carry around 30 people_ l... (that varies) and generally they have 3 outboard motors ...

I would say with current weather conditions being iffy, hold tuff a few days, if you can until the sun and calmer weather comes back!

It could be a bumpy ride! w00t.giftongue.png