Drunk bus driver crashes Thai school bus injuring 33 students

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more I read the happier I am that I got my two girls out of Thailand and into an English school. Yes it's cold and gray, but at least you know what side your bread is buttered on, and summer is on the way.

you guys are missing the big picture, the school administration is saving a ton of money! if they were to look into the drivers background, next they might be asked to look into the teachers backgrounds. Before you know it they would run out of money to buy those new mercedies for the director. stupid farangs, you just dont understand Thailand. if you cant say mai ben rai then you go back your country!

on a serious note, how do parents send their kids BACK to a school after this has happened.....especially the parents who's kids ride in the school vans?

• Like 1

sad.png it will never stop...

Driver a school employee ???

So the school never knew he was a heavy drinker ?? was he vetted before he was employed ??? to get the job you normally have connections with a school member of staff Did he ??? so who actually set him on.

Hope he had a D/License.

Maybe he just went out on the piss at a party the night before.....why would the school be expected to know his drinking habits? Does your employer know yours? Why would you hope he had a driving license? Do you hope he can save 400 Baht fine?

He probably appeared normal like a lot of Thais.......

Blood Alcohol Levels - 0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

I mean just look at Suthep and his symptoms.....0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

Oh please give it a rest, what's with the Suthep thing again ??

The teacher was on the bus, the teacher should have known if he was drunk-or maybe she was not on speaking terms with the driver---crazy

Having a dig at me for what ??? I only posted what questions should be asked.

Are you after brownie points, trying to be clever.

Bringing Suthep into the post is a bit misguided, like me saying Chalerm is teatotal.

This where companies including schools should have random drug and alcohol testing for it's employees. A person in such a position with the responsibility for so many lives should be tested before he gets behind a wheel. We have it in Australia for pilots, train, tram and bus drivers even for the police and ambo's

sad.png it will never stop...

Driver a school employee ???

So the school never knew he was a heavy drinker ?? was he vetted before he was employed ??? to get the job you normally have connections with a school member of staff Did he ??? so who actually set him on.

Hope he had a D/License.

What the f*** are wrong with those people??bah.gif

You are responsible for the lives and safety for a group of young people, and drives with 3 times over the limit in your blood??

Hope the youths recover quickly!!thumbsup.gif

All agree.

If there was a teacher on board the bus, surely that teacher would have noticed the driver well and truly drunk (3 times over the limit),so

why didn't that teacher say something?

As many posters on this forum would say; because its her country and her people. She can do what she wants. She is right and you are not only wrong but you are a bad, bad person for bringing it up and making her lose face. If you don't like it go home, you are just a falang and have no right to criticize any Thai person for anything they do or dont do.

I wouldnt say that though, I agree with you

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app